Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Well, I guess if you compare my post count to yours... ah, screw it. Your sentence isn't even proper English, anyway.
    Nitpicking at my English? Really? Aside from the fact that I'm not even an native English speaker I'm awake for far longer than healthy and don't really care anymore at this point. But it is nice to see that a certain kind of people really grasps at straws when they have no real arguments. Also if you bothered to actually read who I responded to you might have figured out that my response was about world PvP where this change is nothing but detrimental to PvP players.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I would say the next step would be to nerf instant-cast spells... both for healers, and for DPS. With interrupts now on a longer cooldown relative to interrupt duration, there isn't much justification for instants being so powerful. I'd probably just advocate instants benefiting less from Power than spells with a cast time, seems like it'd be the easiest fix.

Instants would still be useful, but they'd be considerably less potent, and maybe more importantly, a lot less mana efficient.
    Oh yeah, that would be a great change. Have it so instant cast spells are a choice, not something you spam.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good changes, only if they would remove half the instant CCs in game and nerf overall burst and healing, well i guess, they are on a right path for once
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by masterman View Post
    65% resilience? They already nerfed burst to such a crazy extent. Healers will be even more unkillable now
    hmm? Burst is higher than ever before, most healers die insane fast if focused. I guess if you are dueling healers 1v1 it can sometimes be kinda hard to kill them, but thats all.

and yes, like Reyzzz said, pretty much every healer on live right now have about 68%+ resil already.
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-03-26 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterman View Post
    65% resilience? They already nerfed burst to such a crazy extent. Healers will be even more unkillable now
    Every healer on live servers has 65% or more resi if they have any clue...

How do you get 65% resilience right at the start of honor grind today ?

Deleted
    I really think most people didnt understand this change.

•All gear with item levels higher than 496 will be scaled downto 496 (Conquest gear item level). This includes even Conquest items that exceed the ilevel ceiling, such as weapons.
    This means little to the average non-elite pvper in the way they gear up.

If you enter a rbg with 476 gear you got 476 gear.If you enter with 483 gear you got 483 gear.If you enter with 509 gear you got 496 gear.

You can reroll all fotm classes you like youre still 27k conquest points away from 496 and thats not a one evening grind.

The only real difference with current model (outside world pvp) is that elite gear is purely cosmetic and scale down of pve gear > 496.

I read all these threads and I really think most people are understanding that you will enter a BG with 450 contender gear and will be automatically scaled to 496 and thats NOT what Blizzard is saying.

Personally this is stupid. Not that I am against them tweaking the way pvp works but to reduce all the elite gear to 496 so that it really is a case now of:

Encounter someone in amazing pve gear in the world.mrun away and hope they can't find you in your lowly pvp gear. The ill difference will just result in Rolf stomping of people who actually try to use pvp gear for well... Pvp
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Personally this is stupid. Not that I am against them tweaking the way pvp works but to reduce all the elite gear to 496 so that it really is a case now of:

Encounter someone in amazing pve gear in the world.mrun away and hope they can't find you in your lowly pvp gear. The ill difference will just result in Rolf stomping of people who actually try to use pvp gear for well... Pvp
    nobody cares of world pvp, it was dead over 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    It still happens and to gimp someone who is geared for pvp is stupid even if cases of it are rare
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Deleted

So it's a bad idea on the off chance you encounter a full heroic thunder forged geared raider out in the world? Please....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    WoW hasn't been around for 10 years.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    So it's a bad idea on the off chance you encounter a full heroic thunder forged geared raider out in the world? Please....
    On the off chance you encounter someone in normal tot gear? The normal is 522 ifi remember. That is one shitload more than 496

It still happens and to gimp someone who is geared for pvp is stupid even if cases of it are rare
    Not considering the fact that - like most people said - close to noone actually cares about world pvp (which should be considered, because in a mmorpg with millions of players you can't balance every little side niche, but anyways...):

What dream world are you guys (the ones who bitch about these changes for world pvp's sake) living in? After reading your posts one could think that in 5.3 every single char will run around in BiS PvE gear, fully gemmed for PvP, fully specced and glyphed for PvP and with the sole reason to find you anywhere in the world, kill you and laugh at you because you wear PvP gear.

WAKE UP for god's sake.
    The big majority of players isn't even anywhere near BiS PvE gear. And even IF they are they won't do much more (if at all) damage because of lack of pvp power. And even IF they do they won't be fully PvP gemmed (why the fuck would they do that? Of course they run around with 1000 PvP and PvE gems each, so they can switch gems every time they leave and enter dungeons). And even IF they are they won't have PvP talents and glyphs (like above they for sure switch talents and glyphs every time they leave a dungeon). And even IF they have they won't win against you, because they invest their time in PvE and not in PvP. And even IF they win they either played good - so they deserved to win anyways - or you should have spent your time ingame learning to play your fucking class instead of whining here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    Not considering the fact that - like most people said - close to noone actually cares about world pvp (which should be considered, because in a mmorpg with millions of players you can't balance every little side niche, but anyways...):

What dream world are you guys (the ones who bitch about these changes for world pvp's sake) living in? After reading your posts one could think that in 5.3 every single char will run around in BiS PvE gear, fully gemmed for PvP, fully specced and glyphed for PvP and with the sole reason to find you anywhere in the world, kill you and laugh at you because you wear PvP gear.

WAKE UP for god's sake.
    The big majority of players isn't even anywhere near BiS PvE gear. And even IF they are they won't do much more (if at all) damage because of lack of pvp power. And even IF they do they won't be fully PvP gemmed (why the fuck would they do that? Of course they run around with 1000 PvP and PvE gems each, so they can switch gems every time they leave and enter dungeons). And even IF they are they won't have PvP talents and glyphs (like above they for sure switch talents and glyphs every time they leave a dungeon). And even IF they have they won't win against you, because they invest their time in PvE and not in PvP. And even IF they win they either played good - so they deserved to win anyways - or you should have spent your time ingame learning to play your fucking class instead of whining here.
    You didnt read my later response. Look at the current item level inflation that even normal gear will be able to achieve. The normal gear, which most raiders are expected to be able to achieve, is 522 a whole 6 ilvls above what elite gear, at 496, will be receiving. Hell even lfr gear will be 6 ilvls above conquest gear. Couple that with valor upgrades and the inflation will become moronic. Pvp power is great and I agree it will help in bridging the gap but I'm missing something if it will be able to beat 16 across the board followed by a potential 8 later on. You can fully upgrade 2 pieces of gear by simply capping valor for gods sake!

So no. YOU wake up. I'm not pissing and moaning that the theoretical person in full BiS will hunt me down. Rather that someone who is in normals has a massive leg up.

You didnt read my later response. Look at the current item level inflation that even normal gear will be able to achieve. The normal gear, which most raiders are expected to be able to achieve, is 522 a whole 6 ilvls above what elite gear, at 496, will be receiving. Hell even lfr gear will be 6 ilvls above conquest gear. Couple that with valor upgrades and the inflation will become moronic. Pvp power is great and I agree it will help in bridging the gap but I'm missing something if it will be able to beat 16 across the board followed by a potential 8 later on. You can fully upgrade 2 pieces of gear by simply capping valor for gods sake!

So no. YOU wake up. I'm not pissing and moaning that the theoretical person in full BiS will hunt me down. Rather that someone who is in normals has a massive leg up.
    It seems you didn't even read until my first IF, but then again I should have expected no less...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I've said it before: every problem that we have in pvp OUTSIDE OF GEARING (which is now being addressed) is caused by having healers in pvp.

Remove dedicate healing specs/classes from pvp and cc, burst, sustained, defensive abilities, self-heals, dispels can all be FAR more easily balanced to the extent that we would undoubtedly have the most balanced pvp season ever WITHOUT class homogenization.
    Maybe wow sucks so much atm, because blizz listens to people like u. Wth were u thinking?

It seems you didn't even read until my first IF, but then again I should have expected no less...
    That's just a pathetic response. You expect a poor response but don't elaborate what is so poor about it. I read all you bolder ifs, well done on that must have been hard, and I made a response.

So make a response and maybe you can correct my clearly inferior logic that primary and secondary stats will beat stacking a single secondary stat and less other th latter as a result of having to stack the former on the pvp gear.

That's just a pathetic response. You expect a poor response but don't elaborate what is so poor about it. I read all you bolder ifs, well done on that must have been hard, and I made a response.

So make a response and maybe you can correct my clearly inferior logic that primary and secondary stats will beat stacking a single secondary stat and less other th latter as a result of having to stack the former on the pvp gear.
    The response already is in my first post, that's why you should have read it. Even if they have higher item lvl gear, they won't win in world PvP, because they actually have to have far far far higher item levels to even outweigh the missing pvp power (pvp power is not included in pvp gear's item level, it is full stats of item level + pvp power). Then they won't have their BiS PvE items gemmed for PvP, they won't switch glyphs and talents every time they leave their dungeon and they play worse in PvP, because they are PvE players. And if they play better than you then they deserve to win anyways.

WAKE UP for god's sake.
    The big issue is someone in PvE gear is doing better in PvP than someone who wears full PvP gear. it's what, 24 item levels ahead in just the gear?

I don't want to grind heroics to PvP now