Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pets disappearing on Durumu?

Hi *,

Yesterday we were working on Durumu and I was playing frost as a mage (yes next time I will play Fire ), but I had the problem that nearly everytime the bridge at the entrance would disappear my pet ran away and dispawned. The hunter in our group had the same problem. Did anyone else experience this problem? Any ideas how to get arround that?

Best,
    Reflection

I have never had this problem as a hunter. Not sure what would cause it though tbh.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Yes was experiencing this problem last night

We also had that problem, sometimes the boss "ate" the water elemental and sometimes the boss "ate" the demon from our warlock. Strange, strange. But Megaera also bugged yesterday, as the hidden heads did nothing and after killing the first head, there was no respawn

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    We also had that problem, sometimes the boss "ate" the water elemental and sometimes the boss "ate" the demon from our warlock. Strange, strange. But Megaera also bugged yesterday, as the hidden heads did nothing and after killing the first head, there was no respawn
    lucky you

kk there seem to be some serious issues out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Our mage had the same problem. There seem to be pathing problems of some sort.

Happened to me 3 times tonight with Fire Elemental totem. I was standing a few steps ahead of the bridge that despawns too.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    lucky you

kk there seem to be some serious issues out there
    What's lucky about being killed by the boss without having the chance to prevent that cause of failing mechanics?

double post - ignore and delete
    Last edited by reflection; 2013-03-26 at 08:51 AM.

Yeah, having the same issue. I also noticed that pets will run across half of the room to position themselves behind the boss, which is a big issue since Durumu is constantly turning. I have a feeling this issue probably breaks Stampede/Dire Beast/etc. as well.

Unholy player posting here to confirm pet despawning issues. I personally haven't noticed what it is causing this problem. Originally I thought it was the knockback ability, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    What's lucky about being killed by the boss without having the chance to prevent that cause of failing mechanics?
    Ok I thought the heads in the back wouldn't spawn. That would have made the fight trivial. If the heads in front didn't respawn that of course sucks.

I recognised that the pet despawns when the bridge to the entrance disappears. Maybe some pathing issue which somebody else above already wrote.

Noticed same thing last night on my frost mage as well. The elemental just disappears randomly. Granted, it's not a huge dps loss but annoying anyway.

I heard it's about getting out of range from the pet, but never happend to me.

Had same problem (as hunter), mage and lock from my raid also lost their pets.
    Worked better when we got closer to the boss, but still lost my pets few times while beeing in melee range.

Happened with our WW Monk's Xuen(?). The tiger would melee, walk back, leap back into melee, repeat.

Deleted
    When we were progressing on Durumu our warlocks said that their pets despawned during the fight if they were summoned on the grate thing at the entrance that flips up at the start of the encounter.

No pet issues for us last night. We had 2 hunters, a lock, and 3 monks using Xuen. We did have a higher than normal world ping though.

Maybe the key really is to not summon the pet on the bridge that disappears? Where did you stack up to buff Squirl?

From what I understand the pets don't actually die, they just despawn, so is it possible that the pets are being hit by the Force of Will and therefore getting knockedback out of range?