Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    From what I understand the pets don't actually die, they just despawn, so is it possible that the pets are being hit by the Force of Will and therefore getting knockedback out of range?
    It would mean its random, had my pets stand in it and not get knocked away.
    Also thought this could be the issue at first.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Maybe the key really is to not summon the pet on the bridge that disappears? Where did you stack up to buff Squirl?
    Inside the ring; not on the bridge.

If definitely isn't Force of Will. I only ever seem to have my pet vanish shortly after the pull...after I've used Bestial Wrath :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happened to my demon last night, though only once. It had just randomly despawned, I even went through the combat logs to see what had happened, didnt even die, just stopped existing.

It has to do with distance. Durumu's hit box is huge. If you start at the entrance of the room, and your tank faces him that way (where the death laser eventually forms), your pet will run all the way to the opposite side of the room, and despawn. I haven't had this problem since starting at his side.

As for the water elemental, I assume you don't have the glyph which makes it follow you everywhere, and it got caught on the other side when the bridge dropped, and despawned trying to find a path to LoS on the boss. Otherwise, IDK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had pet despawning several times untill i figured : At the start when pet starts attacking it looks like it's trying to find proper position, and shortly after it despawns.
    What I did is: send pet in, then Master's Call it back and send it to attack the boss-never had problems again. Somehow after that pet doesn't have problems with positioning at all.
    Hope this can help to some of you guys, cus it's bloody irritating.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Had pet despawning several times untill i figured : At the start when pet starts attacking it looks like it's trying to find proper position, and shortly after it despawns.
    What I did is: send pet in, then Master's Call it back and send it to attack the boss-never had problems again. Somehow after that pet doesn't have problems with positioning at all.
    Hope this can help to some of you guys, cus it's bloody irritating.
    Sounds great Will try that... (though I next time won't have a pet, cause I will switch to Fire)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, all you need to do is summon your pet inside the inner ring close to Durumu. It will never despawn that way. Unless of course you send him in too early and the boss one shots it, but otherwise that should fix your problem.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    No, all you need to do is summon your pet inside the inner ring close to Durumu. It will never despawn that way. Unless of course you send him in too early and the boss one shots it, but otherwise that should fix your problem.
    No.

This was happening to our hunter, warlock and myself (dk) last night. I had to go respec frost because I couldn't guarantee my ghoul would be alive and Bliz in their infinite wisdom keeps a 2 minute cooldown on unholy's ghoul summon.

We played around with pet positioning, summoning inside or out, and other things but it wasn't giving a pattern. They would just simply despawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    This is not true, i had the same issues on my elemental shaman. We started the fight, i waited a couple of seconds then popped my elemental totem, it ran in hit the boss once then dissapeared. No hits taken from the boss, i was standing on top of Durumu this time to see if that made any difference. Made none whatsoever. Our hunter had the same issue and tried all the same stuff i did to no avail.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Are the pets being knocked back? I haven't had this issue and I play BM on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Are the pets being knocked back? I haven't had this issue and I play BM on that fight.
    My elemental isn't getting knocked back, it just simply disappears.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Noticing a lot of issues, with DPS being a problem on Heroic my pet just happens to Houdini at the beginning of the fight where all CDs rolling, or my pet just decides to...not auto attack/bite resulting in a massive DPS loss. Solved the auto attack/bite by embedding bite casts into pretty much every ability, however I still haven't figured out the random Houdini episodes since I've tried standing close, far, all over the platform.

Most of the time it happens at the start of the fight, occasionally happens at a random point of the fight.

Deleted
    What confuses me most about Durumu, is that a Hunter's Hunter's Mark will appear up-side down.

UGH, this happens to me every other pull. It doesn't matter where I summon my pet or where I position my pet. It's completely random.