New Shado Pan Arena and Blade's Edge changes

Looking forward!

I like the changes to BEA, there are so many knockbacks nowadays, I think that will balance the map a bit.
    Can you jump over the fence on the plateau on the Shado-Pan arena?

EDIT: Ok you can jump over, but it will still feel weird...
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2013-03-26 at 10:50 AM.

The "platforms" on Shado-pan seem really pointless. Kinda seems like something you can use as a warlock to port to and not just get "charged around" like on other small raised platforms (due to the fence) but other than that, it's only offers marginal LoS, better to just play near the pillars.

Speaking of pillars I like the size they chose for the arena and the spacing between the pillars. Enough that you have to come out a bit more than just out of LoS to cast on your teammates at the other pillar, but not far enough that you can't duck back in in-time to line the incoming CC on you.

In regards to Blade's Edge, even as a feral and a disc I really really like the change. Having an advantage because your team has a knock-off is just bad design, glad they're moving away from it. Honestly I'd rather knock-offs didn't exist and Z-Axis was simply a choice in order to play offensive/defensive when needed, but this is a step in the right direction.

Great videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    The "platforms" on Shado-pan seem really pointless. Kinda seems like something you can use as a warlock to port to and not just get "charged around" like on other small raised platforms (due to the fence) but other than that, it's only offers marginal LoS, better to just play near the pillars.
    Yeah, looks like it'll just be more of an anti-melee fence than actual LoS. Probably plays pretty similarly to a z-axis pillar.

Thanks for sharing my videos

I also notice but didn't upload, dalaran arena now have stair on all 4 corners... New stairs on the corners where are the boxes

Deleted
    Oh Blizz <3 Great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Thanks for sharing my videos

I also notice but didn't upload, dalaran arena now have stair on all 4 corners... New stairs on the corners where are the boxes
    OMG finally! I remember when we played Warr Pally vs Shaman DK like 5 times in a row on that map, and when the shaman was low the DK jumped down and deathgriped warrior down.
    Great change!
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2013-03-26 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    There are also changes to Dalaran arena, there are stairs at boxes, so there are stairs at each corner of the platform.