rDruid stat priorities, gems, weights, etc

Hey, I have recently dropped the 6652 to (as close to) 3043 I can get and have been pondering the int vs mastery thing. I am at a fine level of regen, I spirit flask and am perfectly comfortable throughout the fights (8/12 currently). I read somewhere that someone on a forum here said not to use the pure int gems, and I can't figure out if the orange int mastery gems are more helpful there.

Can't post my armory, still a lurker for the most part I guess, but Slyix - Stormrage (US) is my toon.

Any idea on int vs mastery weights? Or any tips or suggestions in general?

Deleted
    Spirit flask is a waste of a large amount of output stats, think about it; for gems spirit takes up half as much itemization than intellect yet it's a 1:1 conversion for a flask. You'd be better gemming 3 pure spirit gems and a hybrid then flasking intellect.

Always have the 3043 Haste breakpoint. What you do after that depends on how many healers you have.

1. If you're underhealing content then Spirit is your number one priority.
    2. If you're using the nominal amount or overhealing then Int+Mastery start to pull ahead of Spirit.

I don't know which flask Resto Druids in Guilds that do (1) but since I heal in (2) I use Int since I weigh 1 Int slightly more than 2 Spirit. As for the Int vs. Mastery issue it depends largely on your ilvl. If you're below ilvl 500 (or 510, can't remember) then Int is stronger to gem. Once you pass that threshold then Mastery becomes stronger. Differences between the two though a pretty minimal so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Always have the 3043 Haste breakpoint. What you do after that depends on how many healers you have.

1. If you're underhealing content then Spirit is your number one priority.
    2. If you're using the nominal amount or overhealing then Int+Mastery start to pull ahead of Spirit.

I don't know which flask Resto Druids in Guilds that do (1) but since I heal in (2) I use Int since I weigh 1 Int slightly more than 2 Spirit. As for the Int vs. Mastery issue it depends largely on your ilvl. If you're below ilvl 500 (or 510, can't remember) then Int is stronger to gem. Once you pass that threshold then Mastery becomes stronger. Differences between the two though a pretty minimal so I wouldn't sweat it too much.
    I can't actually get down to 3043, I have slightly too much haste on my gear that can't be reforged any more so I sit and 3290.

Our guild's ilvl as a total is behind the expected ilvl of the group as far in as we are, but I personally am 511. I would rather see actual math behind mastery vs int rather than just an anecdotal recommendation based around ilvl. I already know I have enough spirit.

Not really worried that much, but I'm just curious as to the math behind it so I can see what works best for me moving into our heroic progression soon.

Check here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20631806

There is no specific gear level where switching to mastery gemming is a benefit since the equation is based on your current levels of mastery vs SP. That said, you would most likely be in a position where you could consider it, according to most people who are at similar gear levels. The benefit isnt theorized to be game changing, but I anecdotally noted improvement after switching, though I have yet to raid to be able to compare during a 6+min fight.

Remember, if you rely on being a damage dealer for any portion of fights, and there are many fights this tier where restos can help with burst damage via HoTW, then mastery gemming is obviously much worse for those times.

10+ Year Old Account
    The equation you're looking for (assuming HotW), where 1 int is better than 2 mastery, is:
    TotalSP = 22605 + 0.5843*mastery
    Where you plug in your spellpower and mastery values. Whichever side of the equation is higher, gem for the other stat (so if SP side is higher, gem mastery and vice-versa).

done.

Mastery is a small healing throughput gain vs Int. That equation was needed in 5.0, but now, Mastery is always stronger as we have 35-40k SP buffed.

Int does have other benefits though, e.g. more deeps during HotW, and better use for offspec gear.

Lightbulb

I have collected some information regarding this for my druid. I thought you might be interested in it.

Code:
    #################
    #    rDruid	#
    #################
    #    GEMS	#
    Yellow
        - Zen Wild Jade
    Red
        - Purified Imperial Amethyst
    Blue
        - Sparkling River's Heart
    Meta