Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Strongest "BG Hero"?

Hi guys, I know this is a little 'shallow' but I wanna know what you think the best class for blowing people up solo in BGs is?
    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy balanced pvp and I have 2000+ ratings in RBG and 3v3 on my rogue.

But it doesn't compare to the fun I had with my ret paladin in Wrath with heroic raiding gear stomping everyone in BGs
    I want that kind of feeling back

I have the following classes:
    Rogue 90 - Fully PvP geared T1 2/2 upgraded weapons
    Paladin 90 - Ret spec, currently gearing with honor gear atm 55% resi 20% pvp power, still feels extremely weak (will it get much better?)
    Warrior 90 - Ungeared
    Hunter 90 - Ungeared
    DK 90 - Ungeared
    Mage 80
    Last edited by mmoc6844154d64; 2013-03-26 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    I'd probably go with Mage or DK. Those seem to be classes which can just solo nuke any class down pretty much .

But then again, most classes with full cooldowns can blow somebody up..

Are you not doing that with your rogue yet?

Deleted
    Rogues cant do that, as soon as any class goes defensive your damage becomes terrible.
    The only time rogues can do good burst is when they are on a stunned target with no defensive cooldowns.

Mage is really good, as you can force a kill pretty much every deep if you get the right procs. DK is also pretty nice for constant damage. Most of the others rely on big CDs to do damage.

Destro Lock and BM Hunter are good in my experience. I usually go 10-0 or better in every BG I do as a Hunter and I'm currently leveling a lock and they have enough defensive abilities/utilities to escape from people or 1hit them with a Chaos Bolt.

Just look at the scoreboard after each BG.

Hunters and DKs are good at damage done.
    Hunters and Mages are good at killing blows.

I've never seen a rogue being top dmg or top KB.

I'm interpreting the term "BG hero" as being good at owning others, not as being good at BG objectives.

Death knights for sure. They can always get top damage and killing blows... Even without a healer

I know they are not on your list, but shadow priests have been insanely good classes for dominating the stats for a long time.

Of those on your list, I would go with mage. They have been the best one on one class forever, and have insane survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Destro Lock and BM Hunter are good in my experience. I usually go 10-0 or better in every BG I do as a Hunter and I'm currently leveling a lock and they have enough defensive abilities/utilities to escape from people or 1hit them with a Chaos Bolt.
    Definitely this. Two very flexible specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a lot of kills as frost DK. It's insane how much damage you're able to dish out in such short amounts of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I know they are not on your list, but shadow priests have been insanely good classes for dominating the stats for a long time.

Of those on your list, I would go with mage. They have been the best one on one class forever, and have insane survivability.
    I'm open to any class, just thought I'd list what I currently have high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    I'm interpreting the term "BG hero" as being good at owning others, not as being good at BG objectives.
    Pretty much, just wanna be able to log in, queue a BG, and blow people up when I get bored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter IMO. Stick with the group and let the melee charge ahead of you, then blow people up from safety and steal all the killing blows with Killshot.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    IMO boomkins and Mages, boomkins just have high burst atm and mages well, cc is the king

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I've had a lot of kills as frost DK. It's insane how much damage you're able to dish out in such short amounts of time.
    I'm not trying to contradict you here or to say that DK single target dmg isn't good, but I would like to add that the total dominance of the dmg chart in BGs is also heavily related to howling blast spam with AoE dmg and AoE dotting.

That is also the reason why you sometimes see DKs being no. 1 on the dmg chart, but having very little KBs. Good DKs can top both, but every frost DK, even the mediocre ones, can top the dmg chart.

10+ Year Old Account
    My idea of a "bg hero" is someone playing a melee class who runs into un winnable fights thinking that they can solo 4 people and also tend to ignore objectives. These people usually end up having a lot of kills and deaths (About even ratio) at the end of the game. Many people despise the bg hero but they do prove useful as a meat shield for friendly casters and they sometimes even delay the enemy team by fighting on the roads. Bg heroes are the equivalent of people who run n gun in FPS games with an SMG.

My pick would be any tank spec, Retributions Paladins, Unholy DK's and Arms Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    Just look at the scoreboard after each BG.

I've never seen a rogue being top dmg or top KB.
    OH? Here's a few for ya.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    Rogues cant do that, as soon as any class goes defensive your damage becomes terrible.
    The only time rogues can do good burst is when they are on a stunned target with no defensive cooldowns.
    So vanish and start the fight over when defensive cd's drop? = Rogue win.
    Last edited by Delznope; 2013-03-26 at 09:11 PM.

Delz, can you make them all thumbnails please? Change all the urls from "blablabla.jpg" to "blablablas.jpg" (add an s before .jpg). And then link the image to the normal picture

Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post

Deleted
    I love such classes as well, and I would say you are best of to go with dk, retri pala, or shadow priest right now.

Unholy dk with conversion and blood stance just kills low people even 1v3, with blood spec and conversion you are almost invicible while reasonable amount of people are attacking you and you can slowly wear them down.

Retri pala in cds can outheal and outdamage 1v3s too, although when you are completely out of cds people can kill you quite easily, but time between fights in bg is significant so you have cds for almost every fight when you need them.

Spriest is very good, has great advantage of range, and range itself makes huge difference in bg, while you have one of best offheals, great def cds, and can swap other innocent players, as well as cc and dot, best caster for solo in bg.

Of course you can play very well as solo in bgs as other classes, but ultimately self heal and defense makes the biggest contribution. You could go with hunter, but few more enemies can wear you down, just because 2% heal every 2sec isnt enough nor 15% reduction without healer, but you are one of the best kiting classes and would be probably my 4th choice, then rogue, mage, feral, lock then moonkin, windwalker, then other classes unless I forgot about something, tanks could be generally good, but I dont really have experience with other tanks then blood which is probably best solo tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Delz, can you make them all thumbnails please? Change all the urls from "blablabla.jpg" to "blablablas.jpg" (add an s before .jpg). And then link the image to the normal picture

Example:
    sure. i didnt know how to do that. thx.
    how do i link them now?