Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    "您好,您想购买黄金吗?Just kiddin' ;D"

Thats usually my reply which I copy in the chat if someone says I'm a bot.

The chinese is bad translated "You wanna buy gold?" from my lovely google translator.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been called a bot before while tanking a dungeon because I did not participate in their rambling throughout. Some people are just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The majority of players have no clue as to how to identify a bot other than, "They got what I wanted first, jerks!"
    not gonna lie, i will report you as a bot if you ninja my node while i was fighting off a monster. seriously, that's the freaken rudest thing to do. sure, nothing's gonna happen, but it makes me feel better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    When I observe ore/herb miners and their movement is very "robotic", I first message them asking if they are a bot. If I don't get a response within a few minutes I message them again asking if they are a bot. If after that there is no response, I message them about enjoying their ban. I have yet to get a response afterwards about them not being a bot. Or if they do respond it's non-sense.
    Most likely they didn't enjoy their ban because most likely they're normal people who just don't want to indulge intrusive fools who think they somehow can spot a bot when they really can't by replying to their stupid questions.

I prefer a good "Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    "您好,您想购买黄金吗?Just kiddin' ;D"

Thats usually my reply which I copy in the chat if someone says I'm a bot.

The chinese is bad translated "You wanna buy gold?" from my lovely google translator.
    Hahah that's a good one too, But I have a chinese guild on my realm so I rather don't risk it for fun lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coogles View Post
    "Bite my shiny, metal ass!"
    Damn, I think I might do that one should someone ever call me a bot!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always ask someone if they're botting before I report them, even if they're Alliance and I have to alt over.

I don't wanna bog the system down with false reports. Nor do I wanna get some sort of backwards ban for reporting willy-nilly. >.>

But I've only had one guy respond to me, and it was like... 3 hours after I sent him a tell. "DUDE I WAS AFK WTF" "Well thanks for the admission of guilt, I don't often see a player who's AFK running around getting whiptail..."
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I find that when I don't go looking for bots, I don't ever come across them. I've yet to notice an obvious bot in the game, but people talk like you can't go ten feet without tripping over one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl 85's flying in Pandaria dead give away lol or the lvl 85 paladins farming ember silk cloth outside of fire lands instance, most of them blowing all there cd's on 1 mob and 3-4 of them following each other, then stopping because the bot path doesn't have a mob so it does a 360 runs back the other way and just stands there and waits for the respawn.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I've never been reported for botting that I know of, but I have been reported for hacking the game.

Apparently a Death Knight using Mirror Image is... Unsettling to some people.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Can bots do /ignore ... that will work just fine.