The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Wait a sec, Internal Web Browser?

Okay faerie dragon mounts, tri-spec, and Vol'jin for High King aside, this may be one of the under-noticed additions in the last PTR build.

New Strings:
    WEB_ERROR - Error #%d|nA problem was encountered. Please try again.
    WEB_PROXY_FAILED - There was a problem configuring the internal web browser. Please restart the application and try again
    Now I don't know about all of you, but I don't remember there being an internal web browser in WoW. What could these new strings mean? What could this internal browser be used for?

Access the Blizzard Store from in-game? Community generated content? Both were already done using Steam's built-in browser. Or could it just be an easy way of checking your quest location using WoWhead? Heck, could just mean the patch servers for the launcher/news.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    dont really need it its easy 2 switch 2 desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Humaniac View Post
    dont really need it its easy 2 switch 2 desktop
    And it's even easier not too and there will most likely be addons. Maybe it's just for Blizzard sites.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Okay faerie dragon mounts, tri-spec, and Vol'jin for High King aside, this may be one of the under-noticed additions in the last PTR build.

Now I don't know about all of you, but I don't remember there being an internal web browser in WoW. What could these new strings mean? What could this internal browser be used for?

Access the Blizzard Store from in-game? Community generated content? Both were already done using Steam's built-in browser. Or could it just be an easy way of checking your quest location using WoWhead? Heck, could just mean the patch servers for the launcher/news.
    Not sure why you care

Permanent Ex-WoW player as of 3/25/2013.
    Cause: Tri-Spec
    Other Complaints: Game has become too grind oriented, less fun oriented.
    [This post was infracted for minor spam].
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-26 at 07:50 PM.

Permanent Ex-WoW player as of 3/25/2013.
    Cause: Tri-Spec
    Where have i seen this before...
    Permanent Ex-WoW player as of 5/11/2009.
    Cause: 2 Specs is insane!!!!
    [This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-27 at 12:07 PM.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

It might not be the usual "web browser" you're thinking of. Many games use internal browsers just to pull HTML pages off of the game server to display things like ads and tutorial pages, it cuts down on the amount of crap that needs to be stored on a computer. It also lets companies hide said pages from dataminers, who otherwise would have found the pages stored in the game files.

Might be related to the QA tools. I removed some strings from the first patch, as they were QA related and contained intranet URLs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Not sure why you care
    Not sure why you need to derail thread