Does unholy still Death and Decay single target?

Does unholy still Death and decay single target in 5.2?

I see in the sims it still has DnD for single target but when I test the dmg of DnD compared to 1 SS on the dummies, SS beats it on damage every time.

thanks.

Don't think its worth it, but I don't really play UH.

I was actually wondering something with this. Since DnD dynamically updates, if you drop it when feather procs or something is it possible to get it to ramp up so that it does more damage than a SS would at the point you drop it.

I'll have to play with this at some point, probably picking UH back up to play with festerblight in raid this week since I have 528 feather and the valor trinket now.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Don't think its worth it, but I don't really play UH.

I was actually wondering something with this. Since DnD dynamically updates, if you drop it when feather procs or something is it possible to get it to ramp up so that it does more damage than a SS would at the point you drop it.

I'll have to play with this at some point, probably picking UH back up to play with festerblight in raid this week since I have 528 feather and the valor trinket now.
    probably not, would be better to just wait a couple secs and SS, you'll get the full dmg bonus from that point of the feather, instead of the slow ramp up.

use DnD if you're stuck at range, or there's more than 1 target, pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    That. Remember that as long as one target will be in it for the duration it only has to get 2-3 ticks on a second target to be a dps increase though. Anything more and it's straight up extra damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    Wouldn't this be extremely situational? I reckon, unless both unholy runes are up (or two of each blood and frost runes who are converted into death runes) it's best to wait until you're on your target again. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Wouldn't this be extremely situational? I reckon, unless both unholy runes are up (or two of each blood and frost runes who are converted into death runes) it's best to wait until you're on your target again. No?
    depends how long your not in melee range. the damage difference isint terribly large, so it's not much of an overall loss to DnD over SS once or twice in a fight. essentially, the longer you expect to be away from the boss, the more its worth to use it, both to generate RP to DC, and to make sure runes stay on CD.

Deleted
    on my simcraft Dnd is my second dpet at 75299 dmg. It has been going back and forth for a while since mop but thats the first time it is 10k ahead of scourge strike for me.
    I checked logs from yesterday and yeah a non crit SS deals less dmg than a dnd for me

Simcraft puts dnd 12k damage per cast ahead of scourge strike. That is 400 dps if used on cd or .2% of 186k.

Draw your own conclusions but I tend to use it only if I will get 15 ticks out of it. (2 targets for 7 secs, 3 targets for 5 etc)

Dnd isnt about the damage its about the extra runic power u get per tick so yes u should use it when its up
    only time it would be accpetable not to is with haste affects heroism trinket procs unholy frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by crash90 View Post
    Dnd isnt about the damage its about the extra runic power u get per tick so yes u should use it when its up
    only time it would be accpetable not to is with haste affects heroism trinket procs unholy frenzy
    what the hell are you talking about? you get 10 RP on the use of DnD, that's it. same as every other 1 rune ability

Now I haven't played UH in a while, but I remember hearing about using DND on single targets in Cata. This might sound really fucking lazy, but having to click DnD and then click and again to place it somewhere is just annoying to me and I'll take the 1% dps loss and use other abilities. If there was a Glyph to make it consecration-like, maybe I would. Honestly I wonder if Sims even account for that 0.5 sec or so for you to click on the ground somewhere, maybe it's not even a gain.

I'm not in the world 1st race, DND just doesn't feel appropriate for single target.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by php View Post
    on my simcraft Dnd is my second dpet at 75299 dmg. It has been going back and forth for a while since mop but thats the first time it is 10k ahead of scourge strike for me.
    I checked logs from yesterday and yeah a non crit SS deals less dmg than a dnd for me
    you can't... hang on let me facepalm... you can't compare the average damage of one thing to a non-crit of something else...just...no...

you have to take the average damage of thing A, and compare it to the average damage of thing B

Quick high school math refresher: [(1-crit%) * reghit amount] + [(crit%) * crithit amount] = average amount of, in this example, scourge strike. using decimals... not the actual percents. (23 percent crit = 0.23 in this calculation)

as has been the case since early WotLK for UH, DND is a small dps gain if you don't waste time placing it AND all 11 (10?) ticks hit, and a huge dps gain on multitarget. it has never not been a theoretical dps gain. most dk's waste too much time placing it and leave it out of their rotation except for multitarget or range dps.
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2013-04-09 at 10:00 AM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!