Most Polyvalent Healer for 5.2 PvP?

Just transfered to a new server to be more active in PvP and pondering which of my healers I should transfer over. (Only exception is Rdruid which I'm not going to transfer).

I want to do it all: 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, RandBG and RBGs. I know some healers excel in some categories (like HPal in 2v2) but I'm looking for community input on the most well rounded healer.

My Paladin has the RBG 2.4k ranks, played him a lot, and would be nice to have him. I'm however a bit bored with the Paladin gameplay and not sure they are so much a force due to recent nerfs.

I love the mobility of my Monk. Still have to finish gearing him though so I don't have a strong grasp on its gameplay yet and when you read the monk forums, feedback is that the class is crap in arenas.

And theres the Rsham which is still in its questing greens i450. Lots of work on him, but could be interresting to play (I sort of benched him when I moved to alliance as I cannot bear playing a Draenei/panda/dwarf).

Please share experiences

Hey there,

If you're planning to do everything, i'd probably recommend Resto Druid. It's one of the best healers in Arena, one of the best in Rateds and probably the most fun in Randoms. You also have arguably the best offspec of all the Healers for RBGs.

If you're planning to do mostly Arena, Priest might be your best choice. You've got Shadow which is the best DPS offspec of all the healers, and a lot of people really love Disc's healing style.

If you're planning to do a mixture RBGs and 2s, MW Monk could be a good choice (they aren't amazing in 3s though). The mobility is amazing though and from what I can tell they are pretty fun from a gameplay perspective too. Shaman is pretty popular too, but I'd recommend Monk/Druid/Priest over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    and not sure they are so much a force due to recent nerfs.
    Your not wrong there.

I'd go with resto sham; you can do it all and do it well at that.

I love the mobility of my Monk. Still have to finish gearing him though so I don't have a strong grasp on its gameplay yet and when you read the monk forums, feedback is that the class is crap in arenas.

Please share experiences
    Monk depends:
    RBG: very good
    2on2: very good with DK
    3on3: pretty bad
    5on5: pretty ok

So you could play Monk in every bracket except 3on3 (which for most people is the most interesting bracket, so that sucks).
    Pala is pretty solid, but if you find the gameplay boring, rsham is really good, too. Many strong comps in Arena and it's good for RBG, too. (2on2 may be a bit hard since you often play vs DKs).

Deleted
    There is no other choice than rsham.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id say resto shaman, monk is the best for rbgs though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Thank you guys for your answers. I guess I'm deciding for the Monk then.

-Is it that terrible in 3v3? I have a hard time understanding your assessment between "Just Ok" and "100% not viable". I'm not planning to do 3v3 past 1800 rating btw if that helps.

- best Monk race for Horde? I find Tauren monk concept to be hillarious, bloodelf good looking but minmax wise?

Thanks

Deleted

-Is it that terrible in 3v3? I have a hard time understanding your assessment between "Just Ok" and "100% not viable". I'm not planning to do 3v3 past 1800 rating btw if that helps.

- best Monk race for Horde? I find Tauren monk concept to be hillarious, bloodelf good looking but minmax wise?

Thanks
    Monk is fine when played by a skilled player and with skilled teammates in all brackets. Go Undead for Will of the Forsaken or Tauren for Warstomp.
    I could stretch to blood elf for the aoe-silence. Fear/Charm-trinket from undead is still best tho.

Good luck!

Thanks
    They are easily 1800 viable. They struggle against CC heavy comps as they have no CC break. They seem to work well with DKs, so DK/Spriest/Monk or DK/Lock/Monk could be a good idea.

Nearly all horde players who don't want Orc AP racial go Undead, Will of the Forsaken is really strong especially as a healer.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks
    Go undead, we mistweavers do not have ways to get out of cc so it will help a lot. Just don't get the blonde afro....cause that is what O have:P/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Thanks
    Best race is Undead, because your biggest problem being Healmonk is having no anti-cc and will of the forsaken is your best bet there.

If you don't intend to do really highrated 3on3 mw is fine. 1800 shouldn't be too much of a problem. I played several comps to 2k+ at the beginning of the season.
    Your problem in 3on3 is: You have no anti cc and you don't have really hard hitting burst heals inbetween cc chains (except for healing spheres which situationally can be hard to use). This really sucks considering burst being so high and every class having 3 ccs. So if you play against another team with another healer you basically have to work harder to win, because in general every cc on you is worse than a cc on another healer. That's why you should either play with hard cleaves (you either win or loose fast) or chars with defensive cds and high control (like mage sp).
    The only really viable comp consisting of mw I know is dual heal DK (played to 2150 LR with the resto shaman having total crap gear - 350k hp + blue 450 item lvl weapon). Most people don't like playing dual heal for obvious reasons though and your DK has to be full geared for your team to put out enough pressure.

I know this isn't constructive, but I enjoyed your use of polyvalent~ Kudos to you good sir