Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thunder forged items and item upgrades are going to be the nerf, because its less obvious to the wannabe hardcores that new/upgraded gear is as much of a nerf as a flat reduction like firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Valor upgrades coming back at 1/3rd the cost will be a HUGE boost to all your gear.
    Huge, as in, maybe 5%?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes Blizzard is shying away from fixing bosses that don't need to be fixed (which is a good thing). Content nerfs itself with better gear and in 5.3 there will be upgrades to gear to further help you. Remember this content must last you a few months, you have plenty of time to clear it and farm it and even try the heroics. They may go back and slightly nerf it (say 10% off all boss damage and hp) when the new raid goes out in 5.4.

Deleted
    I do not think the nerf will come prior to 5.4, due to there being a FoS on both normal and heroic for killing lei shen prior to release of the next raid patch.

I hope they don't nerf/buff for awhile, its always been mechanical things that hold raids back, not the pure damage/healing output. I feel like its already easy to cheese through these bosses with the ilvl that they drop.

Not being elitest; The first time it took us awhile to kill heroic:horridon (30-50 wipes), but we just two shot it yesterday after bringing in a trial. After mechanics are down and priorities are straight, its easy to do as long as you're doing it correctly. I mean sure there are artifical barriers in DPS/Healing requirements, but nothing that the gear that drops in normal modes can't handle. Then put in the fact that 5.3 will have item upgrades again, and even cheaper than before 250v/piece.

I wish everyone the best of luck through the tier, its been the best mechanically inclined tier I've done yet and I hope blizzard continues to tweak/fine-tune the content to its intended design and purpose.

Why do people keep replying mentioning the same answer, even saying 'as people have said before..'

If people have said before, don't reply? Or does post count matter that much?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It should come in 5.3 otherwise the FoS doesn't make sense. The one for Tier 14 content states you killed the bosses before the zone wide nerf buff, but the buff wasn't in place until the FoS was no longer obtainable (because it had to be done before ToT).

The nerf should be about 2 months after it's release, stacking up each month until the next tier. Would make the FoS more relevant and would help those struggling.
    That doesn't mean they wont nerf bosses individually before then. They've did it in the previous tier and they've already nerfed a few bosses in throne of thunder. The zone wide nerf just wont come till the next raid tier probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Huge, as in, maybe 5%?
    Upgrading my MH + OH for my windwalker off-spec would already be roughly 5k dps increase from weapon damage alone. That's only 1k valors right there. Spend other 3k from first reset on trinkets, chest, legs and helm (and then 1 other andom piece) and you probably already at 10k+ dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    My guild is progressing nicely through ToT atm and we expect to be at least through normals by 5.3. Someone told me that they're putting in the nerf in 4.3, which kinda pissed us all off since we wanted to do as much as we could before the nerf. I have yet to find the place where this guy said he saw this so I'm not sure if he was right. Have they said when ToT will be nerfed yet?
    If you're all that pissed off, work harder so you finish up normals by then. Also, usually you have been able to turn the nerf off. The only reason to be pissed off about rumors of this nature is that you want to be pissed off about something.

So they are nerfing ToT when DS comes out?

Deleted
    the nerf is item upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    ToT nerf is called iten upgrades, its the most genious thing ever, blizz gets to nerf the raids like they always did and no elitist player comes crying about "you nerfing it, its eazy mode now, ppl will kill the same boss I killed". The classical % nerf wont happen tough (most likely) not until the enxt raid tier is released at least.
    They crying about gear now