Poll: What sort of new troll model do you want?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your choice of "new troll model" style, ideally...

Would you choose an 'improved' version of the current model? Something closer to Vol'jins for example, or something more similar to the new Zandalar mobs on the Isle of Thunder?
    Twas brillig

Option for both would be nice, so we don't NEED the hunch if we don't want it.

Sadness, I'd love to hear people's reasoning, I like the Zandalar style.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    It would seem people were not attracted to this topic. For me personally, Trolls are one of two playable races that I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    It would seem people were not attracted to this topic. For me personally, Trolls are one of two playable races that I can't stand.
    I'll never get that, Trolls are one of Wow's most original races, you won't find their Mayincatec style in many other places.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I'll never get that, Trolls are one of Wow's most original races, you won't find their Mayincatec style in many other places.
    Great racials... and great lore... just ugly as homemade sin. If they were less Derp and more Zandalar, or even more closely resembled the Night Elves (their mutated versions), maybe I could bring myself to play one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that having the option for both would be the best, but as I doubt that will happen, I will vote on an improved version of the current troll model. Now don't get me wrong, I quite like the Zandalari troll model. You barely even notice it has a night elf skeleton (although it'd have a brand new one if it became playable), and it looks good. But I feel like the lack of hunch and... how do I put it... the more "civilized" look the Zandalari model has doesn't really match the Darkspear. You won't hear me complain if we get that model though
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Great racials... and great lore... just ugly as homemade sin. If they were less Derp and more Zandalar, or even more closely resembled the Night Elves (their mutated versions), maybe I could bring myself to play one.
    If they resembled the night elves, that would ruin the race for me. We have enough elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    If they resembled the night elves, that would ruin the race for me. We have enough elves.
    I meant more resemblence by removing the hunch, giving them more toes, file down the tusks, and clean up the face a bit. They don't need to be elves, but there are so many better troll models out there.

Deleted
    Id pick the one without the hunch, always hated male trolls due to their hunched backs.

Zandalari, please.

The upright movement and the way armor sits on them is so much better than an entire race of toons plagued with scoliosis.

This is pretty much true of every Vanilla race and to a lesser extent for the TBC ones.
    Twas brillig

i think it would be cool if they walked on their toes, like in some of their art. they even have a heel claw for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like the new female model troll they made for ToT, that is just perfect for me !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    This is pretty much true of every Vanilla race and to a lesser extent for the TBC ones.
    I could agree that Human males, dwarven females, and some of the Draenei males suffer the same curse. Have never had an issue with Gnomes, male dwarves, and human females. I think in the end it is probably about personal preference, but I would say Trolls are likely the least favorite of the Horde races simply because of their appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could agree that Human males, dwarven females, and some of the Draenei males suffer the same curse. Have never had an issue with Gnomes, male dwarves, and human females. I think in the end it is probably about personal preference, but I would say Trolls are likely the least favorite of the Horde races simply because of their appearance.
    Personal preference, yes They are in the Horde, along with the tauren, my 2 favourite race

i guess i like "ugly" thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Personal preference, yes They are in the Horde, along with the tauren, my 2 favourite race

i guess i like "ugly" thing
    I have a Tauren, an Undead, and a Goblin. I like all of them. Trolls and Pandas are the only two races in the game I just never could bring myself to play. In all honesty, if Alliance wasn't so QQ all the time, and they Race/Class combo was available, I would pay ANYTHING to turn all of my toons into Gnomes So, where trolls are the ugliest race, the race I love the most is also the most widely mocked/hated. So, again, all about personal opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Refined versons of the current models, like those of Sul the Sandcrawler and High Priestess Mar'li in the Council of Elders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refined Player model, Zandalari Model or whatever else people are saying for options because customization is the spice of life!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a fine line between making them more aethestically pleasing while still keeping them looking like "Trolls" and not "Elves with tusks" or something.

Same thing with Orcs and not making them look like green skinned humans.