Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You wanna know what really killed world pvp all those years ago?

It wasent dragon slayers in pve gear

It was BG hero's and win traders in PVP GEAR, who went around facerolling people in quest greens and in their raiding gear using BG HERO gear

If anything, this change could very well intice the MAJORITY BULK of WoW's population(PVER's) to actually fight now, because they have a chance of winning

True pvpers are excited for this change, rabble rabbles are mad they wont get to face roll people in pve gear out in the open world with their win traded gear

THANKS BLIZZ, u did it again

Yeah, I wasn't sure how exactly this HURT world PvP besides making it so you can't global the PvE/crap geared players (as easily). I kinda agree.

What really killed world PVP is that it sucks so nobody wants to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think it's Obama's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Well I think its George Bush's fault

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This, World PVP is barely PVP, Its a ganking fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Well I think its George Bush's fault
    lol

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quality shitposting OP

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-27 at 12:14 PM.

Arcanite Reaper was the first

Personally I blame myself. Back in Vanilla and TBC I use to camp people for 4-5 hours on my rogue. Just to let them know that they were my bitches. It was even more fun when their friends came to help. I loved winning 1v4's.

i still blame the buffed up guards. wotlk was going, everything was pretty good, people raided the crossroads on an hourly basis and the horde defended it and it was a huge fun time. everyone loved it, even the lowbies. then the cata prepatch hit and 85 guards started popping up when they tried to raid and that's when everyone stopped, and never started back. that's how it happened on my realm, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    Personally I blame myself. Back in Vanilla and TBC I use to camp people for 4-5 hours on my rogue. Just to let them know that they were my bitches. It was even more fun when their friends came to help. I loved winning 1v4's.
    I remember leveling up with a friend of mine on a PvP server, both playing rogues, with the intention of hunting down and slaughtering every member of the opposing faction we could find. It worked brilliantly and was one of the most fun times we had playing the game.

Don't know what happened to world PvP now...I haven't participated in years. If I had to guess, I would say Pandas are to blame. Not the Pandaren, actual real life pandas living in China and at the Zoo. They are so smug with their fluffy fur and black eyeliner. First they eat all the good bamboo, now this. Sheeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    When I grow up I hope to be as badass as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I would have to agree. Although i love world pvp people complain that there is none left. I beg to differ, i had alot of world pvp in cata on a pve realm. What i did was stir shit up in darnasus, like go inside and kill all the guards and auctioneers then camp the AH and wait for people to show up. Worked every time, keep in mind that i was doing it solo with pvp gear on. I also went to the gurbashi arena alot and tram hoped with my friends. It was alot of fun.

Two simple things. Lack of participation, and lack of reward, which is closely connected to the first one. People always tended to do things primarly for reward (purplz) and only then for fun. Sure, some have been doing it for fun (which is not really to be compared with anything else, provided the opponent is worthy, too bad most people who play today have never seen real world pvp and think that it's all about ganking) but when most people got arena and better bg reward to work for participation in wpvp dropped. And there where ganking comes in: when you are out in the world with a goal to find pvp and unable to find ANYTHING (this is what happens) you will jump on to any chance to kill someone and you wont care how good/geared he is. Some people wont even care if someone is a levelling lowbie.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only people I see complaining about this change on the main forums have been win traders and sub 1700's.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    World PVP? Damn , didn't hear or see that for years

If you want world PVP (ORVR) go play Warhamer online, the game isn't what it used to be but its still better in PVP(ORVR) then wow will ever be (unfortunately)!

Deleted
    Well the last time I have been on warhammer its true that there was always active RvR.

I enjoyed it pretty much but the ui was a bit clunky and I didn't have friends to play with so in the end I dropped it.

But it was a real nice experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    When I grow up I hope to be as badass as you.
    Point on the dolly where the mean rogue cheap shot you. You also have a long way to go young one.

O
    /|\
    /\

As I recall it was mostly the inclusion of dishonorable kills.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Hey, everyone knows flying mounts killed wpvp

please sign the petition to remove flying mounts out of the game