AMS removing ionization on Jin'rokh the Breaker

My guild started Jin'rokh heroic this evening and there were a few attempts were AMS seemed to remove the debuff. Zero dispells showed in the log but we wiped as if it were dispelled in the puddle. It happened on two attempts and on both I popped AMS pretty late in Jin'rokh's cast. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

if you pop ams late, it'll most likely act a dispell and wipe the raid, either pop it early or don't pop it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you pop ams late, it'll most likely act a dispell and wipe the raid, either pop it early or don't pop it at all.
    It isn't a dispell though, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreezy View Post
    It isn't a dispell though, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this bug.
    We already experienced this on the PTR, so yes. Just pop it if you see him casting, its enough time, you won't be in danger of getting shitwhateveraoelightningdmgspellshitiscalled which could break your ams. You have enough time to pop ams at the beginning (BEGINNING) of the lightningorbshitphase and have the cd again ready for the next ionization, not long tho, just watch the cooldown bar of dbm.

If you want to play safe, dont use AMS glyph (highers the amount of damage you can take before it breaks, as 75% reduction up to a maximum of 50% of your hp is more than 100% reduction up to a maximum of 50% of your hp), probably even possible to soak up the lightningshitwhaeveraoepreionizationdmgspell without breaking ams limit, but didnt try yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastspirit View Post
    If you pop it before the spell is cast, it will immediately be counted as dispelling. If you pop it after the cast, it'll just reduce damage. Just run out when he's about to cast, AMS and run back in if you're unsure, though I don't think it conducts the water as we had players using it.
    NO, you can press AMS immediately after he starts casting, it WONT do shit, if you are too slow to press the button it will act like a dispel, yes. Just press faster - see cast, press ams, ???, dps
    Last edited by mmocb691fa1770; 2013-03-27 at 04:51 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you pop it before the spell is cast, it will immediately be counted as dispelling. If you pop it after the cast, it'll just reduce damage. Just run out when he's about to cast, AMS and run back in if you're unsure, though I don't think it conducts the water as we had players using it.
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

Thanks everyone. The times it happened I popped real late, like 3/4 of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastspirit View Post
    Not true at all - if you have AMS up when the cast finishes you just won't receive Ionization at all. It won't dispel or do any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    AMS isn't a dispell, it prevents any magical debuffs being applied during its duration. Shouldn't be an issue
    Last edited by Loldead; 2013-03-27 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Spelling

AMS should act like Cloak of Shadows and Deterrence in this case, and completely prevent Ionization from even applying. However, our rogue did once cloak Ionization off by pressing CoS too late, and wiped our raid. Have AMS up before the Ionization cast finishes, and you win.

What are you guys on about? If you pop AMS before Ionization, it immunes it nothing more, nothing less. If you're late, then you just wasted your AMS and have to run out when the debuff is about to end. You certainly don't dispell the debuff. Do you have any loggs we can look at?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It`s some weird bug going on with AMS here. Basically what sometimes happens (this shows in logs too), in this order: when the boss finishes Ionization cast, the debuff does not get applied to the DK, however 0.1s later, the Ionization debuff is removed from said DK. Again, let me clarify: there is no debuff applied, but there is a debuff removed. It is clearly unintended behaviour, as AMS isn`t meant to dispel anything (and note that in the logs there is no dispel shown, just simply "Ionization fades from Player").

Now, the reason why this happens is a bit of speculation.

You need to cast AMS before he casts Ionization. BUT, if he casts Static Burst before Ionization, it can completely absorb all of the AMS and essentially remove it. Meaning you'll get the Ionization debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    What are you guys on about? If you pop AMS before Ionization, it immunes it nothing more, nothing less. If you're late, then you just wasted your AMS and have to run out when the debuff is about to end. You certainly don't dispell the debuff. Do you have any loggs we can look at?
    The point of this thread is that there is a known bug that if you time AMS to hit exactly when the debuff goes out, you WILL count as dispelling yourself and you WILL wipe your raid if you're in the puddle.

Our raid died at least 4-5 times on the first night to this, and none of the DKs count honestly explain it.

What I do is wait for the Bigwigs chime to go off for his spell cast, and slam AMS immediately. I just zone out like 2 seconds before and only listen for that tone. Alternatively you should also just step out of the puddle, just in case.

Yeah not sure what people are talking about in here, seem to be successfully immuneing the cast and therefore not taking a debuff and therefore taking no damage.

Did this boss last night, unsuccessfully, AMS did not ever dispell the debuff after it's application. Does successfully immune the application of it.

If AMS is up during the application of ionization, it is immuned and does not effect you.
    If AMS is not up during the application of ionization, but is put up within a small timeframe (.5 seconds) afterwards, it will dispel you, likely wiping the raid.
    If AMS is not up during the application of ionization, and is used later on, it will not effect the debuff at all, but will still absorb magic damage and generate runic, as per usual.

Essentially what it is is the client and server disagreeing about the application of AMS/Ionization and when it is resolved, ionization is removed by ams like a dispel.

TLDR; Don't stand in the puddle for Ionization, win.

If you have DBM, the easiest thing to do is wait till the countdown reaches one and the cast AMS. If you wait to see bosses cast bar you can screw things up due to lag and wipe the raid.