Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Klaxxi [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

So if/when you did/do the quest at the end of the Klaxxi chain, you walk and talk with a Kil'ruk. He basically says the Old God's were awful, yet he says they worship them. Why then, do they worship them? Text below.

Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: You are to be rewarded. Walk with me.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with - they are but children. They have their role to play.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: With each generation, we grow ever stronger.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Your gods are not your gods, outsider.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: The wisest among you will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    So if/when you did/do the quest at the end of the Klaxxi chain, you walk and talk with a Kil'ruk. He basically says the Old God's were awful, yet he says they worship them. Why then, do they worship them? Text below.

Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: You are to be rewarded. Walk with me.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with - they are but children. They have their role to play.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: With each generation, we grow ever stronger.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: The wisest among you will do the same.
    Fear? Power? Mind Control? Take your pick.

It's clear that if the Sha of Hatred can take over their empress, that the old god himself can control the entirety of the mantid race.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post

This line should be "Our gods are not your gods, outside." if I recall correctly for the record, as far as why they did that the same reason the Twilight cultists do I suppose (or going Lovecraftian the same reason there are cults for the old ones there).

See, Garrosh is wise afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short, the mantid follow the Old Gods because that is as things have always been, and they don't believe that the people of Azeroth are strong enough to defeat the Old Gods should they return in earnest. Whether or not they re-evaluate that opinion when we inevitably prove them wrong remains to be seen--the Klaxxi may defect due to their time with the Wakener showing them the tenacity, might, and resilience of the other, 'young' races.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    This line should be "Our gods are not your gods, outside." if I recall correctly for the record, as far as why they did that the same reason the Twilight cultists do I suppose (or going Lovecraftian the same reason there are cults for the old ones there).
    But it isn't. It's voiced and written "Your gods are not your gods".

10+ Year Old Account
    What I think it means is 'the powers that you worship (referring to the elements, the Light, the Loa, ancient spirits, Elune, etc.) are not the true gods of this world, as they are not the Old Gods.'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But it isn't. It's voiced and written "Your gods are not your gods".
    Due to the inflection in the voiced bit I always assumed it meant "You may see the titans as gods, but they really are not."

10+ Year Old Account
    Could this mean that the Titans are not who we think they are ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the Mantid to be a fairly stupid race after considering they worship gods that clearly hate them.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

SPOILER ALERT

In 5.3 Garrosh uncovers the heart of Y'shaarj, there are sound files of Y'shaarj talking (maybe whispers?) and of course the Klaxxi worship Y'shaarj. I expect to see some form of Klaxxi involvement in SoO wether it's them siding with Garrosh so they can resurrect their God or against him in anger of what he will do with the heart. I'd personally guess they would side with him and we will get a Klaxxi council type encounter in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Due to the inflection in the voiced bit I always assumed it meant "You may see the titans as gods, but they really are not."
    Which fits, all old god followers (including the Klaxxi at multiple points) refer to the titans as the "usurpers." Not to try to make any point, but that's the name that they happen to use.

Deleted
    Thats what i thought too

you forgot, The Will Of the Klaxxi Is A Turtle!

Deleted
    I found the Mantid to be a fairly stupid race after considering they worship gods that clearly hate them.
    I haven't really heard of any god that loves any race. It's a do what I say or die / or you go to some sort of hell.

Fear of their power is what makes them Gods.

If you managed to get exalted with the Klaxxi you must have noticed they don't exactly have much of a moral compass going on in their society. They happily slaughter every other species on their continent just to find out which of their own are the best. I actually quite liked my experience with the Klaxxi but they are not nice OR particularly sane people. Them serving the Old Gods isn't much of a shocker to me.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

They serve Old Gods because they are (in their minds) the most powerfull ones. They just side with the victor's side. Quite a smart, even if not really noble, way of thinking. They want to survive, not be perished in glory and forgotten forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    They serve Old Gods because they are (in their minds) the most powerfull ones. They just side with the victor's side. Quite a smart, even if not really noble, way of thinking. They want to survive, not be perished in glory and forgotten forever.
    There's also the thing where they were given the choice between abusive, chaotic gods and a race of powerful beings of pure order that wanted to slaughter them for not fitting with their plans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sha and Old gods are 2 diferent things.
    Sure SHa came from Old God's death, but they're just fragments of him. And from what we gather, Klaxxi aren't too happy what Sha of Fear did to the land, defiling their amber trees and all that.

And also Pandaria-Ahn'Quraij-Azolj'Nerub connection.

Deleted
    There's also the thing where they were given the choice between abusive, chaotic gods and a race of powerful beings of pure order that wanted to slaughter them for not fitting with their plans.
    The titans wanted to kill Them? Where was that said?