Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rogue is not about damage as he is about utility. They also scale a lot better with gear as they are a melee class, so your weapons are a most importand factor of increeasing your damage. Go check Reckfull @ lvl 85 when every rogue had free daggers, and he was using glaives just to show off how high the skill cap of a rogue is once you know your shit.

In conclusion, get the honor gear including weapons, socket pvp power if you only do 2' and bgs and voila, you will instagib your opponents.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

It's gear and a player issue, knowing when to burst when to debuff your target. You can't just push buttons with a rogue they are a control and a burst class. If you push Evis with 1 combo point vs 5 combo points SB/SV/Trinket up you will see more dmg.

You should watch Neilyo when he streams. He basically does nothing but CC outside Shadow Dance. Consistent damage is not supposed to be you're strong side. Team up with a Shadow Priest or Frost Mage and you'll see that low overall damage means nothing when you Bomb > Kidney > Ambush while the Mage lands a Frost Bomb Shatter.

Deleted
    Is rogue dmg weak.. Is rogue dmg weak.. ehmm
    http://postimg.org/image/3qrfp0r2v/

Deleted
    it is really weak.

Mod edit: Please post constructive
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-28 at 11:55 PM.

Rogue damage is in a very good place right now. Coupled with their great control and defensive cool downs, they are one of the best classes in competitive pvp right now.

Deleted
    dmg sucks, so does control compared to other classes. check reckful. he mostly plays ST beause melee sometimes is too dangerous...class is in a pathetic state atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    You shouldn't use eviscerate with only 1 combo point.
    lol'd here

Seriously. A 2k eviscerate? Sounds like the OP's rogue is in greens and getting stomped then coming here to complain about the class apparently being broken.
    Look! Words!

This thread is laughable.

Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-28 at 11:55 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I asked if the damage was weak and he told me the class was viable. There's more to viability than DPS. I never once said that rogues were underpowered in the OP.
    He didn't say viable he said one of strongest, everyone here is trying their hardest to let you know to stick with it and get gear b/c currently you are the problem not the class, take it how you will but all classes get chewed up until at least full crafted and a few gems, pvp is only skill/class after the initial time sink of getting gear, set aside a few hrs and random bg your ass off and you'll be good to go

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    dmg sucks, so does control compared to other classes. check reckful. he mostly plays ST beause melee sometimes is too dangerous...class is in a pathetic state atm
    Rofl you know he got rank 1 on his rogue last season in blues right, before rogues were buffed. Pathetic hahahaha.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Rofl you know he got rank 1 on his rogue last season in blues right, before rogues were buffed. Pathetic hahahaha.
    Posts like yours annoy me, can't you communicate like an adult?
    If he really did get rank one LAST season (I don't know, "Famous" wow players don't interest me at all) he must have been carried.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD View Post

What for? Anyone who plays the game right now knows rogues are not weak. This is a troll thread obviously. I've seen threads with real conversation locked on this forum and this thread is still active. Laughable.

Mod edit: User received an infraction for trolling.
    If you make comments like this, you're just asking for it :/
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-29 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    If he really did get rank one LAST season (I don't know, "Famous" wow players don't interest me at all) he must have been carried.
    It's effectively impossible to get carried to Rank 1. Carried to gladiator is 'somewhat' possible.

He did use two teams though (Shatterplay and RP(S/D?) and queue dodged the top teams on the ladder when he was getting games done on his rogue (catching his team rating up on lower rated teams). So by all means it wasn't a truly legit rank 1.

Yeah without gear and weapons a rogue just tickles even in shadow dance. But once they get the gear... Especially sub... It's a world of pain

Man, I've been trying out Marked for Death in random BGs - it's pretty silly. I miss Shuriken Toss so much, but the carnage from MfD in randoms has definitely made games more lively with some kill streaks. By not having Shuriken Toss, and since I'm doing randoms instead of rateds, it also opens the 2nd tier of talents for non-Deadly Throw again. I haven't played with it yet, but I just respeced to Nerve Strike before logging out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    I respond in kind. And yeah he did, in blues, on Rogue last season before it was buffed, so when someone comes on here and uses Reckful playing other classes as evidence rogues are weak, I am going to rofl and post it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

its nearly impossible to be carried to rank 1. So i wouldnt use that as an arguement
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Carried to rank 1... Sounds legit.
    >.<

thinking i should lvl my rogue from 88... has been months sinse i last playd on him