Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I stand by what I've said. I'm not sure if Blizzard's going to go back to him, especially concerning Gorehowl.

How does this prove that there shouldn't be a dissonance between your playable character in the game and his or her proper lore representation? Honest question/

"We" is a very general term and really even if he is talking about our characters, he is talking about them as they are in lore, citizens and adventurers of the Alliance and Horde, not as they are in Mount Hyjal (where EVERY character who passes through is the single chosen one of Aessina) or in raids.

I've never seen an argument that debunks the idea that if millions of people have killed a boss in-game that saying each person has an equal claim to that kill in-lore is a paradox.
    I have always thought of each character`s creation was also a creation of a parallel universe in which our character is the hero of every story or event that takes place. Each universe has the same events happening, with the only difference being who will star in the story, thereby providing you the opportunity to play the hero. What you did or do with your character does not happen in my characters universe even though you might be there, you are only an extra. For your character, in you`re own alternate reality, I am the extra and you are the hero, no paradox just alternate realities. In my character`s universe I am part of the lore. That`s how I like to think it works anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing read. I know Blizzard by now and so i suppose they won't come out with something so elaborate, epic, yet plausible story, at least in the near future.
    Good job, i believe you did great binding it all together.

On the other hand, i don't know if Yogg-saron's rook has something to do with the whole OP. Still, it'd be a nice reference.

Write a novel Kalyma you leg

This is absolutely mind-blowing. If this turns out to be true, and I really hope it does, Blizzard is a bunch of sly devils, the cogs in motion and in the works since the start.

Even if its not true, its still a great read and idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember one time back in TBC I died near Karazhan. I decided to run around and discovered a area that can not be accessed view alive. The room was full of water with dragon chained up. I took screenshots but lost them over time. So your theory of anther instance in/near Kara is to me accurate.

Was it ever explained what a Titan construct was doing in Kara? Hell, was it ever explained exactly what the Legion was doing in Kara?

Deleted
    That is just... genius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.

My new signature!

One could come up with dozens of mind-asploding theories, if they were to to pick a few quotes out of many and interpret their meaning/insert them into context how one saw fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Cool theory. Unfortunately, I don't think the game designers plan that far ahead or are that deliberate.
    I dont think it would really count as planning that far ahead (in years anyway) because they probably have always had plans for another Legion based expansion. They may have left the door open because it was always going to be at some point. They have just now (maybe) decided the time is right to hook into that story line that they setup back in BC. It could have just as easily been the 4th or 5th expansion. There are probably a bunch of open ended stories in WoW that would allow any number of different expansions to make sense (portals to the dream all over the place for instance). As far as we know all the expansions are outlined in some grand Blizz document. This would explain why they were able to work hints about this into so many of the previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonnick View Post
    I have always thought of each character`s creation was also a creation of a parallel universe in which our character is the hero of every story or event that takes place. Each universe has the same events happening, with the only difference being who will star in the story, thereby providing you the opportunity to play the hero. What you did or do with your character does not happen in my characters universe even though you might be there, you are only an extra. For your character, in you`re own alternate reality, I am the extra and you are the hero, no paradox just alternate realities. In my character`s universe I am part of the lore. That`s how I like to think it works anyway.
    Well if you don't intend on having your character interact with anyone else's (in lore, that is, I.E. roleplaying your toon) then that's certainly a good way of thinking about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There is no paradox. Gorehowl never went to Karazhan, it as just a noncanonical drop.
    There could be more than one Gorehowl if Prince can really enter alternate realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    There could be more than one Gorehowl if Prince can really enter alternate realities.
    The Gorehowl that Malchezaar drops is the real one. Flavor Text is as follows: ""The axe of Grom Hellscream has sown terror across hundreds of battlefields."

But yes, I'd be content with it being a Gorehowl from another reality. Caverns of Time style shennanigans going on.

I really, really, really hope they address this somehow, someway. Dropping the axe was fan-service in the first place, and tying it in and making it officially canon would be another fan-service.

Karazhan is located upon a "nexus of ley lines" which is part of what gives it its magical properties. This would be the perfect location for a mega-portal between two worlds.
    uhh well why didnt medivh open the dark portal in karazhan then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering he directly states: "All realities, all dimensions are open to me!" My theory is he just fucks logic and steals Gorehowl somehow from a parallel reality/timeline with Negaspace or whatever that final area was called acting as the space between different dimensions or something that gives him free reign to steal whatever he wants from other mirror universes or time periods without any real effect on the prime time line/universe. So basically hes a demonized super nerd that wants to steal cool iconic classic Warcraft characters stuff for his collection, or at least that's what I would do with such power.

Malchezaar "All realities, all dimensions are open to me!"

question if Malchezaar is able to travle throught other dimensions, wouldnt this mean he never really died? because there would be a infinit number of Malchezaar then? and if so wouldnt that mean if one of him died wouldnt the other be able to find out and warn Sargeras and allow him a winning favor throught every battel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    A rook is a black crow, I don't believe that Yogg quote is about Karazhan, but rather about your impending doom (black crows and ravens were often taken as portents of bad tidings to come) - which makes more sense considering most of the puzzle box quotes are in a similar vein.

rook
    /ro͝ok/
    Noun

1. A gregarious Eurasian crow (Corvus frugilegus) with black plumage and a bare face, nesting in colonies in treetops.
    2. A chess piece with its top in the shape of a battlement that can move in any direction along a rank or file on which it stands.

That quote you referenced wasn't a critical part of your argument, but I wanted to point out that I think you're wrong about that part.
    Medivh could shapeshift into a raven, which is similar to a crow...kinda playing along the bird theme. Lots of crows are flying around in the Deadwind Pass too. There is also a chess game inside Karazhan. And if you look at any of the trees in the area, they're pretty dead.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    Would you want a demon portal in your house? :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 06:59 PM ----------

I'd just like to add that even though drops are non-canonical, that doesn't mean Blizzard didn't have something in mind when they decided to do it. That weapon could have been named anything and looked like anything, and there was no apparent reason why it was chosen to drop there. There was also almost no explanation about Prince Malch or how he got there, and where you "really" are when you're in that fight. The top of Karazhan's physical structure has a cylindrical roof, but as you fight Malch... you're on an exposed roof in a weird place with floating rocks. As you ascend the tower, you notice things start not looking correct with the ceiling. It's extremely possible you're in a separate dimension for that fight, and I don't think it's putting it past Blizzard to have planned it. All of the inclusion about the Violet Eye noticing Karazhan's key-lines and the demon presence in Karazhan was done intentionally, and I think it is foreshadowing.

In Ulduar, one of the globes leading into Algalon's room had a map of Azeroth post-cataclysm. Nobody noticed it until a few weeks (maybe a month) until Cataclysm was announced at BLizzcon. The statue in the front of the main chamber also has star-shaped people fighting a star-shaped dragon, similar to Elegon. I think BLizzard likes putting hints and clues into the game. They're planning something, and they've been planning it a while.
    Last edited by Grunhither; 2013-03-28 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more disappointing Upside down Karazhan wasn't made...yet. I still wait for that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's more disappointing Upside down Karazhan wasn't made...yet. I still wait for that.
    They should call it Nahzarak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    The Dark Portal is where it is, because that's just where it ended up.

The area in Deadwind Pass wasn't known to be of anything of importance, until "one day it exploded".

Sargeras/KilJaeden could have sent Malchezaar to check out where this new gateway had opened up. As someone said, when you're looking at Kara from the outside, it's domed and looks like a normal tower. Somehow, someway, when you reach Malchezaar, you've ended up in some alternate dimension. The sky resembles the Caverns of Time.

Whether or not Blizzard had an idea, and it had to ultimately be scapped (ala, Abyssal Maw), we'll never know. I just hope they expand on the idea somehow.

"I refuse to concede defeat. I am a prince of the Eredar! I am... " I am what? ... Immortal?