Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Method Heroic Lei Shen 25 Man, Shaman Hotfix, Patch 5.3 Pet Models, Blue Posts, Comic

Rollback Policy Updated, Legendary Revamp Might Bring New Items, Diablo 3 on Xbox?, Itemization Could Bring Changes to MP

Method Heroic Lei Shen 25 Man World First
    Congratulations to Method for being the first guild to down Heroic Lei Shen 25!

Patch 5.2 - Shaman Hotfixes
    Ghostcrawler shared some Shaman hotfixes that recently went live.

Patch 5.3 Pet Models
    The BadRobot model doesn't actually have a pet yet, but the others are part of the new pets added in Patch 5.3.

Stable Size Increased
    Patch 5.3 adds another 30 stable slots for hunter pets, giving you room to collect all the dinosaurs.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Patch 5.3 PvP Changes
    One minor concern would be World PvP. If the item level of PvP gear is only 496, PvE gear might be very dominant here. To be fair with you though, I'm not that bothered with World PvP in the first place, so don't mind this at all. We are well aware that this is a concern that has arisen from players regarding the recently announced changes. While we understand that this is an unfortunate sacrifice for the overall betterment of PvP, we feel that this change will improve the state of both competitive and entry level PvP. This means that more players will be able to enter into PvP and as such increase to competition and the attractiveness of this fun and exciting area of the game.

This doesn't mean that world PvP and duels will be ignored. We definitely understand that players are wanting more huge, epic and glorious PvP such as those that come from world PvP, we just don't feel that it's the right place with the faction imbalance that is present in such battles. We are also looking into trying to find some solutions that will help with PvE gear in duels as we have seen this is a concern as well.

Let me elaborate: A tank has no use at all what so ever of PvP power, nada zip null. So he gets his shiny PvE gear with superduper tank stats on it, an insane amount of sockets. He then sockets and enchants all out resilience on everything becoming virtually immune to melee damage (hi dodge, parry and block!) and still extremely viable against casters.

Basically no high rated RBG team will take a PvP geared tank, because they will benefit so much more from PvE geared tanks with the appropriate gems and enchants.

That is something that we are also aware of, we don't want fully PvE geared tanks being the best choice for flag carriers either. Solutions to this are already being looked into.

) Balance classes (huge issue)
    This is something we are constantly working to address, don't think that because we're making these changes that class balance has taken a backseat.

2) Delete the 70 zillion CC possibilities on all characters
    We know that the current number of CC present in the game right now is a concern of players. We’re looking at ways to help with the number of CC in PvP combat right now, but it would be a large type of gameplay overhaul and can be risky to implement in the middle of an expansion cycle if the change is too drastic.

3) Fix the amount of "I can global you on 1 macro" playstyle
    We are monitoring damage constantly and when we see a need to, we make tweaks and adjustments as they are needed. You can see this from the fact that several of these bursting macros are not as effective as they were previously.

Since this has been designated the "single feedback thread" by Nakatoir, I'll post my input regarding tanks here, rather than finding a more specific thread or making my own.
    Not really the designated topic to discuss everything related to the patch 5.3 changes, but this particular thread is discussing the changes coming to PvP gear and it is always best to keep discussions about the same topic in one thread. That is why the other thread was locked and redirected here, because both threads were about the same thing

I know GC hates the word "scaling", but I'm afraid now its extremely relevant. HOW will the 65% damage reduction change in future patches? 65% would've been ridiculous in 5.0. Now its fine. Next patch, its too little. What to think of this?
    Who says that this number cannot be tweaked depending on the patch and the numbers being seen? This change gives us another knob that we can turn in order to balance out damage, just like Battle Fatigue does for healing.

I thought it was obvious that what I meant was single feedback thread regarding the PvP gear changes. In the case of my post specifically regarding tanks, something that hadn't really been a focus so far in this particular thread and might have seen a bit out of context.
    Not at all, it is related to the topic and I addressed a similar comment in my last post. We want to make sure that PvE geared tanks are not the best option for flag carriers and are looking into ways to make sure that they will use PvP gear as their best in slot choices.

I also would like to say how important world PvP is for many people, the sole reason I do arena, RBG's and get PvP gear is to be competitive in world PvP and be able to fight back in the world while doing dailies etc.

Now the PvP'rs who focus soley or mostly on PvP are actually going to be worse off when fighting other players in the world. While players who do not PvP at all and only raid are going to have an advantage. It's not fun when the PvP gear you've worked so hard to get is only useful when you zone in to an arena or a battleground. And is otherwise useless.

We completely agree. We don't want people who have worked so hard to get their PvP gear to be left out in the cold for world PvP either, but we feel that the overall benefits that this will provide are greater than the issues it creates for World PvP.

While we do want World PvP to be an enjoyable experience for everyone, we are primarily concerned with instanced PvP. The reason for this is because world PvP generally comes down to ganking and the number of players on either side. This is not to say that we don't want World PvP and massive, out of control battles to flourish though, we are just not sure that something that suffers from major drawbacks such as faction imbalance is an optimal location for this.

I do not understand why you have to remove the ilvl 512 from elite gear if it scales down anyways. If we keep the ilvl 512 we will have more of a fighting chance in world PVP whilst keeping the balance in Battlegrounds and Arenas
    Because then the conversion across to Season 14 would have been even worse than the transition from S12 to S13. We are aware that the armor not being an upgrade any more is not something many players are happy with, but it is becoming a prestige upgrade with 5.3 again where it will require a certain rating to obtain.

1. what about pve set bonuses? how will you balance them?
    Which set bonuses are you most concerned about? We do not want the set bonuses to trump the other big benefits that are given by PvP gear, so tell us which ones you are most worried about, and why.

3. what about legendary items? sha sockets and so on, are you sure it will be balanced enough?
    I assume you mean the thunderforged items, they all get lowered down to Ilvl 496 as well. The Sha sockets shouldn't be able to trump the value of PvP power, however we will keep an eye on this and make changes if we feel they are needed. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.3 PvP Changes
    mm any idea about tank gears? i mean dodge,parry etc from pve gears?
    We don't want to see flag carriers running around in full PvE gear either and this is something that we are looking into sorting out. When we have more information on this, we'll let you know.

Oh and healers dont need pvp power, they might go fully pve then.
    That is wrong actually, our intention is for PvP power to be much more useful in PvP than PvE gear.

Understand that we don't want PvE gear to be the best in PvP either and are these changes should ensure that this remains so. The feedback that everyone is providing regarding these changes to gear is great and it's offering us a lot of useful information. Please continue providing all of this great feedback and positive discussion, but do so in a single thread.(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Reputation / Questing
    Players interacted with Shado Pan & AC long before meeting the GL. It was a poor choice for a gate.
    Perhaps but GL was right there in the vale and had more quests. Not sure we'd make the same choices if we had a do-over. (Source)

gotta admit I've yet to get the enchant recipes bc I just can't stomach doing GL on yet another toon to revered.
    Much faster with Commendations and in 5.2 you can slowly progress via dungeons and scenarios. (Source)

Yeah, because that would imply people grouping up and being social and we sure in the hell can't have that!
    The Jade Forest raid wouldn't be social. It would be an obligation we'd all feel like we had to do to splash experience. (Source)

in fairness, and your(justified) dismissal of claims of a majority aside, the mop leveling experience has gotten mixed reviews
    That is the case for most things we do. We like the MoP leveling experience, though there are always way to improve. (Source)

my problem with dailies and rep is not the quests or the rep, it is the VP required to make purchases, double gate
    We double gate stuff all the time. It's a pretty time honored RPG convention. (Source)

Any plans to allow players to complete dailies and other quests while in a raid group? Current design is annoying.
    We would like too, yes. We just don't want to splash credit to the whole raid. (Source)

WoWDB on Twitter
    In addition to the MMO-Champion Twitter and Facebook, you can now find WoWDB on Twitter.

You will be able to keep up with database updates, see smaller news items, and maybe even catch a few things before they end up in a news post, such as the new path from the graveyard to Oondasta or [Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes]!

To help us with Patch 5.3 data collection, just click here if you already have Curse Client installed, or check the box in the client options.

Dark Legacy Comics #382
    DLC #382 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-03-27 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz Method altho worst screenshot ever.

The blocking in the screenshot is... interesting.

Deleted
    @ Screenshot, if they wanted to hide what pillars are behind, the left one is lightning (they forgot to cover gold print on the floor)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kind of hoping blood legion would have gotten it. They where doing it today while i was in RF and in general chat was not kind to them not getting the world first. Im on illidan btw very kind general chat come and visit some time

Obligatory comment on how healers are just as bad at healing as Donald in LFR

omg, I really want that Unborn pet!

Deleted
    Finally more stable slots! woohoo \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they have to block parts of the screenshot? Are those 'pillars' essential to theri tactic?

Deleted
    That Robot, is most definitely, Bad Robot. It even has a Slusho strapped onto it's back. Must have.

And the Stunted Direhorn is simply... Adireable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man that mini Valkyre pet. I hope it's a pet battle or battle.net store and not a damn TCG pet. *It might be a drop off an old Raid boss now that I think about it.

I wonder what the Bad Robot one is for. Can't fathom a promotion.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2013-03-27 at 07:52 AM.

Hunters stable increase !!!

Oh yay more pet slots and the other 8 classes get.....?

To be honest, resto druids could use some buffs more than resto shamans...

Happiest Hunter ever, can go tame some of the new rares added!

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Oh yay more pet slots and the other 8 classes get.....?
    Just a small note, that would be another 10 classes not 8.

Happy for hunters they have increased the amount of stable slots, as I know there are some big collectors out there

Oh yeah and there is that hydra pet available maybe in the next patch. But its a battle pet

( sorry that was a tease )

gz method tho no matter how you look at it, its world second, that being said method took less time to kill lie shen than pargon. think of that which ever way you want

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crazy23 View Post
    Just a small note, that would be another 10 classes not 8.

Happy for hunters they have increased the amount of stable slots, as I know there are some big collectors out there

Oh yeah and there is that hydra pet available maybe in the next patch. But its a battle pet

( sorry that was a tease )
    tbh im happy for the pet collectors but i'd be happier to have more active pet slots so that i dont need to swap pets around so much b(between stable and active)

Gratz to Method for their WORLD SECOND Heroic Lei Shen and WORLD FIRST Heroic Lei Shen 25.

Bad robot? I wonder if that means JJ Abrams' company is producing the warcraft movie...