Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard dont want people using pvp gear to get in raid finder

As the title says they don't want people using pvp gear to get in raid finder so they keep lowering the ilvl of the pvp gear but there quite happy to have people using heroic thunderforged gear join arena/rbg with more ap/sp loads more sockets than pvp gear and so on will there be any use for a pvp geared tank any more especially when they can have a tank in pve gear with like 700-800k hp with a pve geard healer following him around healing him to max..am i the only one who thinks blizz is making pvp quite crap these days..why dont they remove pvp gear since it wont be much good soon anyway..

Deleted
    its not only blizzard who doesnt want ppl with pvp gear to get into LFR/LFG, its the vast majority of ppl too i would imagine.

Currently tanks in BGs with PvE gear dominate. As FCs they are EXTREMELY hard to kill and I don't know where Blizzard is going with these changes, but we'll see how it will work out.

they'll drop fairly quickly against their pvp equivalent

the changes are only visual, it's still the same as before

I would be ok with that. I hate PvP Gear. I think PvP Gear should all have an iLvL of 1 so that theres no way somone can use it for PvE content. PvE Gear takes FAR more work to get.. pretty much anyone can go afk in a BG and get honor. just my opinion GET RID OF PVP GEAR, AND STOP MAKING SPELL CHANGES CAUSE PEOPLE CRY ABOUT IT IN PVP!

Deleted
    We just need rating requirements for PvP gear, for every single conquest piece a different rating. If PvE players can't zero-skill-grind their heroic gear, PvP players also shouldn't be able to, but make the ilvls equal therefor (and no more PvP specific stats).

Quote Originally Posted by Unus View Post
    I would be ok with that. I hate PvP Gear. I think PvP Gear should all have an iLvL of 1 so that theres no way somone can use it for PvE content. PvE Gear takes FAR more work to get.. pretty much anyone can go afk in a BG and get honor. just my opinion GET RID OF PVP GEAR, AND STOP MAKING SPELL CHANGES CAUSE PEOPLE CRY ABOUT IT IN PVP!
    Sure no PvE gear for PvP then. Good luck getting pvp gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Unus View Post
    PvE Gear takes FAR more work to get.. pretty much anyone can go afk in a BG and get honor.
    And LFR is surz buznz too? Any "TryHard" can que for LFR and afk and win.

LOL thank you for making my day!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard would it be to come up with a solution that does not take the ilvl of pvp items into account when computing your ilvl. Or just separate pvp and pve ilvl: to meet a lfr ilvl requirement your pve ilvl would count (i.e. whatever pvp gear you have would not be included).

Either way I recall them stating that the reason why they added pvp power to items was partially because that way they could add more secondary stats to pvp gear, making it thus easier for pvp oriented players to do some occasional pve content. That seems to be quite the opposite of what they are doing now.

Meh. I got PvP belt the other day on my alt priest because he needed 2 ilvls more to get to 470 ilvl for LFR. Honestly I think they should lower ilvls needed for LFR by 5-6 points rather than going the other way around, if that is it (even ToT LFR (so far) can be cleared with less than 480). However it is a bit stupid when people join in *full* pvp gear (especially tanks).

Deleted
    tbh the people who care about pvp more than pve don't even bother queing for raid finder you get the odd couple who think that wanna be lazy but the majority of pvpers don't really care about pve enough to que for lfr..those that do pve as well as pvp generally end up in normal or heroic raids with there guilds..blizz should just think of a new solution rather than lowering ilvl on elite gear..and i agree with hiya any one can que for lfr and come out with something so that what you said is kinda dumb mate yeah i can see it being hard work for those who run heroic/normal raids but raid finder lol you made my day too )

I don't understand why they don't just make PvP gear the best, but simply not allow them into PvE instances. That'd take care of everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Binxi1 View Post
    As the title says they don't want people using pvp gear to get in raid finder so they keep lowering the ilvl of the pvp gear but there quite happy to have people using heroic thunderforged gear join arena/rbg with more ap/sp loads more sockets than pvp gear and so on will there be any use for a pvp geared tank any more especially when they can have a tank in pve gear with like 700-800k hp with a pve geard healer following him around healing him to max..am i the only one who thinks blizz is making pvp quite crap these days..why dont they remove pvp gear since it wont be much good soon anyway..
    Please.. Think about what you want to say and organise it.
    Don't just type for several lines about 6 different things.

OT: They will introduce things to make PvE gear useless for tanks.
    It won't go live exactly as it is right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I don't understand why they don't just make PvP gear the best, but simply not allow them into PvE instances. That'd take care of everything...
    Why do you think that separating players in WoW is a good thing? It's a game and it should be about fun, and what are they doing? Putting barriers everywhere between PvE and PvP. People should be able to move back and forth between PvE and PvP as they wish, without having to farm additional gear. PvE and PvP gear should be exactly the same, only the source is different. They just need to balance the difficulty requirements so it's not easier to farm gear in one place than in the other one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    And LFR is surz buznz too? Any "TryHard" can que for LFR and afk and win.

LOL thank you for making my day!
    Holy missing point, batman.

PvE gear takes longer to acquire than going to BG. BG's dont have gear level restrictions. For starters thats one thing.
    LFR has gear level restriction.. therefore you cant just hop to LFR with green gear and go afk.
    You cant just go to 5man and go afk there without being kicked, well unless its guild group and you are with decent dps.
    Also you "need" dailies to get epics to boost that ilvl up faster than just getting JP/blues...

..Or just go to BG in greens or naked and get honor and "get pvp gear fast and hop to LFR".
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-03-27 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Holy missing point, batman.

PvE gear takes longer to acquire than going to BG. BG's dont have gear level restrictions. For starters thats one thing.
    LFR has gear level restriction.. therefore you cant just hop to LFR with green gear and go afk.
    You cant just go to 5man and go afk there without being kicked, well unless its guild group and you are with decent dps.
    Also you "need" dailies to get epics to boost that ilvl up faster than just getting JP/blues...

..Or just go to BG in greens or naked and get honor and "get pvp gear fast and hop to LFR".
    What makes you think people wont vote you in bgs? Also, its harder to get pve gear because LFR have a level restriction, and you cant just hop in there and afk before that? Well, its fairly easy to get that itemlvl, and after that you can just "hop in and afk", am I right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    What makes you think people wont vote you in bgs? Also, its harder to get pve gear because LFR have a level restriction, and you cant just hop in there and afk before that? Well, its fairly easy to get that itemlvl, and after that you can just "hop in and afk", am I right?
    Still kinda missing point.

How to get pvp gear (for lfr ilvl) = queue up for BG. Collect honor.
    Restricrictions? You need to be at least level 10. No gear restrictions.
    To get level 90 gear you need to be level 90 tho, but honor can be acquired before that.
    Afk? Can do that, but might get voted(very likely). Or you can just "try" and probably get yourself killed.

How to get pve gear (for LFR) = 5man normals, then also do scenarios for random blues, maybe buy blues and such from AH, maybe do some quests for gear and at worst case do dailies for few valor items. Collect JP, Valor and Gold. JP and gold can be acquired before 90.
    Restrictions? 5man heroics have gear restriction. LFR has gear restriction. Need to be level 90.
    Afk? Can do that on lfr, but good luck trying that on 5mans or some scenarios tho. Or you can just "try" and autoattack only (will get voted off as bad dps eventually)

PvE gear is harder/longer to get. But that doesnt mean its actually hard. Its just harder compared to easy. This has nothing to do with "pve is harder than pvp" its just starting gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Binxi1 View Post
    tank in pve gear with like 700-800k hp with a pve geard healer following him around healing him to max.
    And next patch when that PvE geared tank has his silly PvE gear scaled down to 497, he will be a piece of paper, shredded apart by our equal iLvl PvP gear, that has all that off-budget PvP power on it.

Not worried.

Sigh, I wish people needed to have an IQ higher than 10 to play WoW.

PvE gear will *never* be as good as PvP gear in arenas/BGs unless they remove PvP Power. Which they aren't doing. So please, stop being an idiot.

haha, stupidness is high in this one

pve geared healer? yeee, im sure that will be better. or not.