Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Blizzard can't detect tools like AHK with Warden, but you can get banned through other players that report you.

Deleted
    i have been reading this closely since i don't want to get banned
    but i use a g600 mouse and have some keys binded to macros with "key pressed" mechanic that spams that key as long as i have the mouse button pressed , not just keys but modifiers + keys.I have been using the mouse for a couple of weeks now.I get the fact that i can't get a ban for that since if i did logitech law suite is 100% incoming

but in regards to AHK its not as huge of a company , so i don't know what to do ,
    i don't personally know people that have been using AHK for years and had no problems
    i recall some people were banned because they made bots and stuff like for example the milling and prospecting with a script that auto clicks a key , i get that for that they can ban

Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    but i use a g600 mouse and have some keys binded to macros with "key pressed" mechanic that spams that key as long as i have the mouse button pressed , not just keys but modifiers + keys.I have been using the mouse for a couple of weeks now.I get the fact that i can't get a ban for that since if i did logitech law suite is 100% incoming

Are you trying to say that if you get banned from a Blizzard game, you're going to sue Logitech? Logitech doesn't create their products within the ToU/ToS/EULA of any other company or product. It's not Logitech's responsibility to make sure you're following another company's rules with their product.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1772567980#10

The use of a macro is fine so long as it only accomplishes a single action. The use of automation, where a single keystroke will accomplish multiple actions, may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action.

The use of a keyboard with this functionality is fine - so long as it does not get used to accomplish the latter.

The support article we have on how to stay in the game covers this in a much more verbose manner than I might be able to (without quoting it word for word). You may want to give that a look first. >^.^<
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9610?page=2#35

This one is very simple.

If one click does more than one thing - don't do it.
    There's also an archive of the blue responses on automation here that includes the original links, archived links and archived screenshots of the posts in question -

Multiple key presses/uses of abilities from a single command, spoken or typed? Not okay.

Inserting pauses? Not okay.
    “I use a G11 myself. Just don’t use the macro keys to do anything a normal wow macro could not do in a single press. Think of them as extra storage for normal macros, and you’re fine.
    Just make absolutely certain that you’re not making more than one keypress (for the purposes of the word ‘keypress’ this includes a single key press AND release with no delays), or including delays between key-presses with each action.
    {emphasis mine}

Deleted
    In my opinion, they won't ban you for this.

Deleted
    As ja said before, nowadays 99% of bans are based on player reports. You won't get banned using AHK for auto milling and prospecting, since nobody will report you for that and blizzard simply aren't allowed to detect stuff like this ;-)

Deleted
    whether or not it violates the ToA, it also became unnecessary with the introduction of the spell queue-system.
    Poeple used it to minimize the time between spell finished casting and casting a new one by smashing the button as quick as possible, where a higher rate of smashing resultet in more spells cast over time.
    With the spell queue-system, the server registers the next spell in your queue and casts it asap, so as long as you push your button within the timeframe of the spell-queue (which you can set up in the interface-menu), you're doing alright

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena View Post
    whether or not it violates the ToA, it also became unnecessary with the introduction of the spell queue-system.
    Poeple used it to minimize the time between spell finished casting and casting a new one by smashing the button as quick as possible, where a higher rate of smashing resultet in more spells cast over time.
    With the spell queue-system, the server registers the next spell in your queue and casts it asap, so as long as you push your button within the timeframe of the spell-queue (which you can set up in the interface-menu), you're doing alright
    That's only for abilities that have a cast time. What about Rogues or DKs where you must hit something every GCD? I can see AHK being really useful for not getting Carpel Tunnel during 0.5s GCD Shadow Blades + AR.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post

but in regards to AHK its not as huge of a company , so i don't know what to do ,
    i don't personally know people that have been using AHK for years and had no problems
    i recall some people were banned because they made bots and stuff like for example the milling and prospecting with a script that auto clicks a key , i get that for that they can ban

Regardless of anything, Blizzard can close your account for funsies without any recourse.
    So.. Even if some strange world a law suit like that would hold up, too bad.

OT: It's for sure against the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    |
    The same could be said for another hot button issue in the U.S. right now.
    Back on topic: Part of the problem is that Blizzard is rather vague on their stance with certain hardware/software. Case in Point Kripparian, he likely won't ever get banned for using AHK (largely due to the publicity he brings to Blizzard products.) whereas joe shmoe MIGHT for using it in the same way. (We'll never know because people tend to be horribly dishonest when they get banned)
    Players like Kripp and Swifty have been on the receiving end of bans or other actions, irrespective of the "publicity" they have brought to games by blizzard or others.

Kripp in this case is showing how to achieve something which IS against the terms of use.
    That IS automation that is not achieved solely through in-game supported mechanics.

A macro or addon that can do what blizzard have deemed allowable within their scripting environment is acceptable, but using a 3rd party tool to bypass the "one keypress to one action" is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i've been using Autohotkey for some time now only for prospecting and milling tho. Didn't get banned . I mean come on, all those bots running aroud , while user is doing nothing, and i have to actually move the mouse for it to work :/

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just agree with a lot of people here: Can you get banned? Yes. Will you get banned? Doubtful.

I don't really know anyone that sits around manually disenchanting/prospecting/milling anymore, certainly not when we are talking massive volumes. Atleast nobody sane would manually prospects hundreds or thousands of ore/herb stacks or disenchant all those rings/necks/whatever you just made with JC. You have your AutoPressKeyboard like a G11 or a program running in the background that does the same thing; faking keypresses at a set time intervall which triggers an ingame macro which contains a skill and a /use item line and then you go away for X amount of time until you afk out, a set amount of key presses have passed or you come back to the keyboard.

Technically I assume they could check the logs and see that you press the same key at exactally the same intervall over and over again for an hour or two and that just screams bot cause no human has that level of precision. I guess you could modify your program to change the intervall between keypresses a bit but I wouldn't really bother.

The end outcome of this is that ofcause things like this effects in the ingame economy. Which should make it bannable. But I just don't think they care or have the time/energy/manpower to care.

AHK doesn't pop up on Warden or rather even if it does they've already OK'd the use of AHK for things like multi-boxing. That means the only way they know you're doing something like this is if you make dumb scripts. Set random intervals, don't use it to script multiple actions, only use it to repeat one action (a rogue using it on his sinister strike so he doesn't have to smash buttons for example). The only way they could tell is seeing your intervals for each attempt at using a GCD, if those are all random they have no way to prove you aren't just some superhuman that can spam buttons really fast for a long amount of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    As some have mentioned as long as one key press equals one action then you won't get banned. So basicly you have to press a button for each attack you do otherwise it is against ToS and can get you banned if they find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That dude moves his head way, way too much when he talks. That shit would give me massive headaches lol.

Can you get banned? You can get banned for ANYTHING. They can close your account at will without any reason at all - read the TOS. I've used a lot of shady software in WoW (bots, PQR, etc) and my accounts are still good. Any time you want to use something outside of WoW for use in WoW, you are taking a risk. I have a G-15 keyboard, and blizzard has specifically stated that making macro keys on such devices is bannable if they include a macro that presses more than one action per key. People who multi-box walk a thin line with this, because certain multi-box software suites cheat and just use bannable macros do to everything.

In other words, use at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post
    well... its a very easy task to include some programming in the client or server side that checks how many keypresses a second you do... and this can clearly tell them if you use an automation like this or not.

and if this has a negative impact on their servers (e.g. lag, crashes) they will care...
    AHK can press a key at random intervals so it's completely erratic and not precise timing.

As many people have said you likely won't get banned, my old gm bound his prot pally rotation to 2-6 and had autoit spam those keys in quick succession when he held down 1, so for the entirety of cata all he had to be able to do was pop CDs...he did get banned for using pirox though, lol