Storm Strike and Windfury

This was an idea I had a few years ago but never got any good feedback. My Idea was to have Storm Strike to always proc Windfury regardless of its internal cooldown to give a little more consistency to Windfury and some on demand burst.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-03-27 at 01:55 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

You would probably have more success posting this on the official forums.

With that said we'd be loading a lot of stuff into 1 ability:
    - SS damage itself
    - MW procs (up to 3 iirc, 1 for MH, 1 for OH, and 1 for the debuff application)
    - Static Shock procs
    - WF proc (if what you propose what added).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    You would probably have more success posting this on the official forums.

With that said we'd be loading a lot of stuff into 1 ability:
    - SS damage itself
    - MW procs (up to 3 iirc, 1 for MH, 1 for OH, and 1 for the debuff application)
    - Static Shock procs
    - WF proc (if what you propose what added).
    Well They could make another buff, maybe when you use earth shock it increases your chance to proc windfury by like 30% on your next main hand attack.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

The first question I have, is why do you think this is needed?

Windfury boosts our single-target damage, and enhancement is already in a great place, for single-target. As for PvP, it would make SS too powerful, unless all of the associated abilities were nerfed.

The only thing I could, perhaps, see Blizz doing, is changing WF from a PPM proc, to an RPPM proc. But, I'd be somewhat afraid of them doing that, as I would expect to see PvP complaints, and a subsequent nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    The only thing I could, perhaps, see Blizz doing, is changing WF from a PPM proc, to an RPPM proc. But, I'd be somewhat afraid of them doing that, as I would expect to see PvP complaints, and a subsequent nerf.
    Hmm what would actually change if it was changed form PPM to RPPM?

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    It would make it more random. Occasionally you would get back to back procs (and indeed, WF would be able to proc WF) but it would be rare. With the upcoming streak protection it wouldn't be terribly different from today with the exception of better haste scaling (since haste directly changes the proc rate internally, which incidentally has been a suggestion for WF for years).

It would make an interesting set bonus, but it has the potential to be way too powerful.
    Author of Enhancement Technique, a priority manager for Enhancement Shamans | My YouTube channel | Teckniques @ Sargeras-US

Something like this would be a cool set bonus perhaps, but I don't think it makes sense to be an inherent part of SS. Perhaps my biggest complaint is that, to me, it isn't "interesting": you could make a SS that hits for 3X, or you could make a SS that hits for 2X but automatically procs windfury for an additional X damage. I mean yeah the numbers vary, but it's ultimately no different than just buffing SS damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather see a new ability added to get rid of the amount of down time Enh has. I would personally like the removal of the passive procs on Windfury, and give us an ability called "Windfury Strike". Auto attacks have a chance to grant a stack of Windfury. Can have up to 9 stacks at a time, and "Windfury Strike" consumes 3 stacks at a time to deal the same damage as the procs currently do. It'd be nice because it gives you controlled burst since you decide when windfury does damage, and it'll remove down time by giving us another ability to fill our wait between cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    The first question I have, is why do you think this is needed?

Windfury boosts our single-target damage, and enhancement is already in a great place, for single-target. As for PvP, it would make SS too powerful, unless all of the associated abilities were nerfed.

I believe its just an internal CD of 3 seconds still isn't it?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

If stormstrike always proc windfury then it might become OP. maybe it would be a good idea to increase the frequency of the procs and reduces the internal CD by around 0.5 to 1 sec or have an abillity at unleases an empowered windfury that deals damage to all enermies 10 yard or simply deal aoe damage when it proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I'd rather see a new ability added to get rid of the amount of down time Enh has. I would personally like the removal of the passive procs on Windfury, and give us an ability called "Windfury Strike". Auto attacks have a chance to grant a stack of Windfury. Can have up to 9 stacks at a time, and "Windfury Strike" consumes 3 stacks at a time to deal the same damage as the procs currently do. It'd be nice because it gives you controlled burst since you decide when windfury does damage, and it'll remove down time by giving us another ability to fill our wait between cooldowns.
    we already have stacks of msw and searing flames. not down with watching more stacks
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Pretty much what Ryethe said, in his response, but I was mostly thinking the haste scaling from RPPM would be an indirect buff.

As for PvP, I could see SS&WF + WF + WF occasionally happening, and being decried as OP. You know the only thing Blizz hates, more than the cache, interface and WTF folders, is enhancement shaman being OP, in PvP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I believe its just an internal CD of 3 seconds still isn't it?
    As far as I'm aware, yes.