10+ Year Old Account

Hearthstome gameplay question?

so i had a question regarding hearthstone, are you always allowed to attack the hero player, regardless if there is a minion out on the battlefield? or does that particular minion need to have attacked last round and put him as defenseless (like MTG). i was watching the warrior vs paladin duel and i wasn't sure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    so i had a question regarding hearthstone, are you always allowed to attack the hero player, regardless if there is a minion out on the battlefield? or does that particular minion need to have attacked last round and put him as defenseless (like MTG). i was watching the warrior vs paladin duel and i wasn't sure about it.
    In general: Yes, you can attack the hero even when there are minions out.

However, there is one exception: if there's an enemy minion with the ability Taunt, then you can only attack that minion. This protects the hero, but it also protects all the other minions that don't have Taunt. If there's more than one minion with Taunt out, then you get to choose from among the Taunt minions, but can't choose any other minions or the hero.

Attacking with a minion does not affect its defensive capabilities - there is no equivalent of "tapped" like in MTG.

you can't block like in MGT either, so if you don't have a taunter up you'll have to take the dmg.

Only Taunters strike back immediatelly? I mean, I remember one match where Pit Lord attacked and got dmg from attacking a minion.
    Or every minion strikes back the same time it is being attacked?

So:

7/10 card hits 2/5 card which is not a taunter, 7/10 card takes 2dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Only Taunters strike back immediatelly? I mean, I remember one match where Pit Lord attacked and got dmg from attacking a minion.
    Or every minion strikes back the same time it is being attacked?

So:

7/10 card hits 2/5 card which is not a taunter, 7/10 card takes 2dmg?
    Everything you attack that can attack will deal dmg back, unless you cast a spell/special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Everything you attack that can attack will deal dmg back, unless you cast a spell/special effects.
    yeah, you take damage back depending on how much attack the enemy card has. Hit a card with 4 attack and you'll take 4 damage back, unless you have armour or Divine shield or something.