Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If golden cards have no gameplay effect, I'll pass. Foil cards in Duels of the Planeswalker are more annoying than anything, and usually hard to read.
    they have no effect on gameplay.

but they are so pretty!

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

How many of a specific card can be in a deck?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How many of a specific card can be in a deck?
    only 2 of each, with a total of 30 cards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    only 2 of each, with a total of 30 cards
    Yep, 30 cards to a deck, 2 of each sort maximum, 1 of each for legendaries. When playing: 10 cards max in hand, 8 cards max on the playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    8 cards max on the playing field.
    Ewww. Does that count creature tokens, like the ones created by Hogger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ewww. Does that count creature tokens, like the ones created by Hogger?
    Dunno, suppose so. It's what the Hearthstone CM said on the forums, you can find the link in the FAQ on MMO-C. 8 creatures is quite a lot to have though, there's only 30 HP on your hero, with getting 8 cards on the field you are bound to have the enemy low allready.

My dream deck would be a DK based deck, which can't exist at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    As many Hogger cards as they'll allow me to use.
    which equals 1.

you can only have one of each legendary card in your deck.

all "named characters" are legendary, so you can only have one hogger, one sylvanas, one leeroy jenkins, et cetera.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realised something about the Shaman deck, and the Overload mechanic they have. I hadn't realised just how powerful it is.

Take this card for example: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Feral_Spirit

Summons 2 2/3 minions with taunt, at the cost of a mere 3 mana (!) + 2 overload (meaning you lose 2 mana from your next turn). Now it's easy to gloss over this and think that's still a 5 mana cost, BUT with this overload mechanic it means you can use some really powerful cards, 1 or 2 turns earlier in the game then other Hero's can use similarly powerful cards.

If you look at the new Fireside duel, you'll see the Shaman using this Spirit Wolves card on his 3rd turn, when he just has 3 mana. It gave the Shaman an immediate powerful position, even if the Mage survived it with some clever play and a timely Blizzard spell.

I'm impressed by the Shaman deck, and I think we got a good overview of it's potential.

Mage deck, meh. It could have ended much differently if Antonidas had stayed on the board longer in the duel, but the only attraction I see in the Mage deck right now is powerful cards, not gameplay mechanics that are interesting. It's powerful but boring to me, tbh.

Deleted
    After seeing the Rogue cards, i Had a plan. This deck does so much Direct damage and is practically free to cast most things. The edwin vancleef combo could be insane if you can throw out wisps and cheap cards to make his combo OP. Combo cards are cool y'all.

Lets finish this, Quickly. )View on HSG Deckbuilder)
    This deck was generated by the HSG Deckbuilder

Practically no defense, need to finish quickly with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    After seeing the Rogue cards, i Had a plan. This deck does so much Direct damage and is practically free to cast most things. The edwin vancleef combo could be insane if you can throw out wisps and cheap cards to make his combo OP. Combo cards are cool y'all.

Lets finish this, Quickly. )View on HSG Deckbuilder)
    This deck was generated by the HSG Deckbuilder

Practically no defense, need to finish quickly with this one.
    Do you really need Shadowstep in such a deck? You seem to hardly have any minions in your deck, so what good is it to you? Even if you did have minions, I can't see how returning minions is going to help you if you have a quick burn deck.

Deleted
    Shadowstep is an amazing card in the rogue deck. It lets you return low health minions and cast them again with combo, like the SI-7 Agent basically lets you deal another 3 dmg.

One of it's main purposes is to work with Edwin VanCleef. If you have a Wisp, Shadowstep and Edwin on your opening hand, On your 3'rd turn you can play the Wisp return it with Shadowstep and play it again followed by Edwin and you will have a 1/1 Wisp and a 8/8 stealth Edwin in play, not bad for a turn 3.

I would maybe play with Defias Ringleader in that deck as well, it feels just as powerful as the Feral Spirit card but without the overload and one turn sooner. Wisp followed by Defias Ringleader on turn 2 is 5/6 worth of minion power on the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think of using them with combo, that's a fair point. My idea with the SS card was to use it on damaged bomb cards to reintroduce them, had not thought of being this creative with it.

I'm going to have to learn to be more creative with this game before it launches. =/

With the random cards you get early on, and the need to make something of them when you don't have a complete deck yet, will mean everybody will have odd strategies and quirky decks, and playing to the strength of the cards you have will be more important then following set tactics of decks you've not got the cards for yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Shadowstep is an amazing card in the rogue deck. It lets you return low health minions and cast them again with combo, like the SI-7 Agent basically lets you deal another 3 dmg.

One of it's main purposes is to work with Edwin VanCleef. If you have a Wisp, Shadowstep and Edwin on your opening hand, On your 3'rd turn you can play the Wisp return it with Shadowstep and play it again followed by Edwin and you will have a 1/1 Wisp and a 8/8 stealth Edwin in play, not bad for a turn 3.

I would maybe play with Defias Ringleader in that deck as well, it feels just as powerful as the Feral Spirit card but without the overload and one turn sooner. Wisp followed by Defias Ringleader on turn 2 is 5/6 worth of minion power on the table.
    ^this basically

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    With the random cards you get early on, and the need to make something of them when you don't have a complete deck yet,.
    Reminds me of my Early Yu-Gi-Oh days where my deck consisted of nearly every card i owned till i got a job and started buying full boxes of boosters.
    God i miss that game.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    you would think blizzard would add pre-made 30 card deck for a fair price instead of forcing us to buy pack and make a 30 card deck from there
    not saying it needs to be an expert deck but a solid start that we can add on and make better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vridis View Post
    you would think blizzard would add pre-made 30 card deck for a fair price instead of forcing us to buy pack and make a 30 card deck from there
    not saying it needs to be an expert deck but a solid start that we can add on and make better.
    There's 9 of them, and they're free

EDIT: they've said repeatedly that you don't NEED to buy anything, it just brings the cards in quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    There's 9 of them, and they're free

EDIT: they've said repeatedly that you don't NEED to buy anything, it just brings the cards in quicker.
    Yep. We don't knwo the exact details yet, but there's going to be a tutorial of some kind where you play against the AI that will let you get a basic set of cards for all 9 heros. Then you can play the game and win (or alternatively buy) card packs that will give you expert cards to add to your basic deck.

Deleted
    I like you skarma. In a bro kinda way.

Deleted
    Mhm I wonder if I can built myself a fast paced nuke deck fo mages. Built up spellpower and mana fast. Keep the enemy minion number low with blizzard//vaporize

Start nuking

Bloodmage Thalos, malygos and azure drake seems to be a must for that
    Last edited by mmoc9238fc433e; 2013-05-27 at 01:50 PM.