Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    As much as I like Pandaria we were warned beforehand that the Horde would trash the place, heck we've known that since Blizzcon, hardly a surprise. I don't mind it too much, makes for more reasons to stand up against Garrosh, and makes for interesting lore since they're obviously digging deeper than they're supposed to.
    Actually I expected much more than a little dig site I assumed pandaria would be in shambles, due to the Horde Alliance war. The damage to Pandaria really isn't that great, it could have been so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is what you get for following Garrosh.
    It would have happened sooner or later, to be honest I am baffled the horde was allowed into the vale to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, will it actually be made right. Garrosh and his goons (and his fans, yes, I see you in this too) taking a shit on the vale and ruining such a nice zone is an act of aggression, but blizzard are not known for trying to repair things they took a shit on.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

It would have happened sooner or later, to be honest I am baffled the horde was allowed into the vale to begin with.
    oh yes because pandas could predict the future and see this coming.

Actually I expected much more than a little dig site I assumed pandaria would be in shambles, due to the Horde Alliance war. The damage to Pandaria really isn't that great, it could have been so much worse.
    Yeah, when they landed in Krasarang I was expecting the whole place to go under, but it's still very much there, the same swamp as it has always been. All they've done is scratch the surface of Pandaria, and knock over some Jade Dragon statue, but that's it. On the other hand, I love the scenery in Pandaria, so I don't mind it, but I wouldn't mind either if Blizzard followed up on their words.

The thing is, will it actually be made right. Garrosh and his goons (and his fans, yes, I see you in this too) taking a shit on the vale and ruining such a nice zone is an act of aggression, but blizzard are not known for trying to repair things they took a shit on.
    Eh, doesn't matter, no one will go to Vale after Pandaria except for people who want the Alani mount. Also, you really need to check your butt, it always seems to be hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't the alliance do the same to krasarang wilds?...

I am baffled that both Horde AND Alliance were allowed a shrine in the vale, after what they did in Jade Forest with the Jade Serpent's new body.

Well, to be honest, if it hadn't been for us the Mogu would have taken over the Vale right now, so in some way they did right to allow us in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    We're supposed to just sweep all the Alliance' mistakes under the rug and only focus on the Horde when bad things happen.

oh yes because pandas could predict the future and see this coming.
    Well the Horde and the Alliance stirred up trouble the moment they came to Pandaria, Zhu didn't want them in the Vale and I can understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I am baffled that both Horde AND Alliance were allowed a shrine in the vale, after what they did in Jade Forest with the Jade Serpent's new body.
    Yeah the celestials really gambled there.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Why does that Sunwalker guy have baby Tauren strapped all over him?
    It's his emergency food reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    It's his emergency food reserves.
    You guys sure can be mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sad that there are people who didn't do the Horde Krasarang questline, probably one of the better ones in the game. It's my understanding that the alliance version is some night elves whining about not being immortal anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It makes me sad that there are people who didn't do the Horde Krasarang questline, probably one of the better ones in the game. It's my understanding that the alliance version is some night elves whining about not being immortal anymore.
    Yeah that doesn't sound baised at all.

And no it's not. Go roll alliance an try it

Honestly I think the zone is made more interesting by this change. And I'm surprised there wasn't more damage to Pandaria.

I thought this was going to escalate into both sides warring over Pandaria's resources and ruining much of the land from what blues said before it came out. But instead the war has only focused around Krasarang which hasn't changed that much in 5.1, as well as the Isle of Thunder which was already in ruin.

I was expecting a story about the pandaren of Eastwind and Westwind having to fight eachother because of their differing allegiances and debts to either faction. I was expecting both sides to do real damage with Varian eventually having a 'what have I done' moment and maturing as a character instead of it happening in the novels/short stories. But instead MoP's story is actually a lot less dark than I had anticipated. Pehraps the blues overstated things, or maybe they toned it down to not make us into the villains too much and alienate too many players.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 10:45 AM ----------

Not really. There was a father/daughter duo, the father being obsessed with recovering his immorality. He thinks they've found some fabled waters of youth, but it turns out the waters only transfer life, so it requires a scrifice to work.

At the end of the quest line, his daughter is killed by the mogu leader in the area, and he has an epiphany about how he spent all his time and energy trying to lengthen his life instead of living it, and sacrifices his own life with the waters to restore his daughter's life. I haven't done the horde side so I don't know if the tauren baby/mother dying story is better but the alliance one definitely has an emotional sting to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in all honesty, I love the barricades and structures, but I dont like the digging. But, then again, it is somewhat of an improvement, and also not. If it was the entire length of the zone (not the entire zone), then it would be balanced in looks and symmetry, as it is now with the dig site, unlike now, there is no balance. it is completely one sided. I like my symmetry >.>

But the improvement is, hey they get rid of that annoying pool and rarespawn that would never drop that item for me. =D

Just want to call you out on this one, the Alliance and Horde are responsible for unleashing the Sha, which is why the Mantid suddenly became super-aggressive. So..without the Horde and Alliance, the breach would *probably* have never happened.
    Yeah, I realized it too after I already posted that. But regardless of the reason for swarm's preemptive strike, it doesn't change the fact that the Shado-Pan were not sufficiently prepared for it. They grew way too accommodated to the predictable nature of the swarm and it bit them in the ass. I don't really see how could they go from this level of incompetence to building a force that'd be able to take on the Horde in the short span of MoP. Especially when you consider the fact that they also had to spend resources on fighting the Sha, Mogu and Zandalari.

How is starting an excavation site an act of aggression? What? Did they kill some sentient earthworms or moles by doing so?

And I'm surprised we didn't see dwarven dig sites all over the place. Although didn't they dig around Krasarang in 5.1 a bit? And from what I saw on the pictures, the Horde dig site is in the shadow of the huge Mogu statue, partially hidden from sight.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    But the improvement is, hey they get rid of that annoying pool and rarespawn that would never drop that item for me. =D
    They got rid of the lake too? Damn, I liked fishing there.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2013-03-28 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The alliance would of checked with the Pandaren to see what they could do in the Veil, Garrosh says, "I do what I want!" in Cartmans voice.

Also of note is that the Alliance didnt build thier base within eyeshot of Chi-Ji's island, a bird habitat with oily dolphins washing up on shore.

Garrosh's biggest faults are that he doesn't treat his non-orc allies with respect and he always has to go with the big imagination battle plan rather than just a battle plan. Instead of infiltrating the enemy, cutting off its supply line and attacking on the flank he does all that but also has to summon a dozen burning lava elementals, create a nuclear mana bomb, or bring in a half dozen Leviathans.

Deleted
    after completing all those golden lotus dailies for like a month i think we serve to do what ever we want with it -.-
    Yes. This.

Not even close. You should also take some time to go look at the alliance base in Krasarang and then go look at the horde base, there is a huge difference in how they take care of the land around them. Those weren't developed areas that the horde and alliances bases were set up in either, but you will notice a very big difference in the amount of pollution and destruction on the horde side as opposed to the alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, I realized it too after I already posted that. But regardless of the reason for swarm's preemptive strike, it doesn't change the fact that the Shado-Pan were not sufficiently prepared for it. They grew way too accommodated to the predictable nature of the swarm and it bit them in the ass. I don't really see how could they go from this level of incompetence to building a force that'd be able to take on the Horde in the short span of MoP. Especially when you consider the fact that they also had to spend resources on fighting the Sha, Mogu and Zandalari.

How is starting an excavation site an act of aggression? What? Did they kill some sentient earthworms or moles by doing so?

And I'm surprised we didn't see dwarven dig sites all over the place. Although didn't they dig around Krasarang in 5.1 a bit? And from what I saw on the pictures, the Horde dig site is in the shadow of the huge Mogu statue, partially hidden from sight.

They got rid of the lake too? Damn, I liked fishing there.
    I'm not 1005 sure on this yet but I've heard that supposedly some lore suggests, such as the Trial of Blossoms or whatever that short story was called, that the mantid corruption actually started before we landed, though as I said I need to confirm this still.

Why can't i ever fucking see videos in forums.