10+ Year Old Account

Healing Rain visual question

Hey guys, quick question about HR

Warlocks have found a way to make their Rain of Fire visual much more intense by editing a certain file in the WoW folder. Basically, it makes a ton more meteors come down, making it look...idk, cooler?

I was wondering if this is possible for Healing Rain? A blue ring on the ground is cool and all, but I really wanna make it rain on them hoes.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Hey guys, quick question about HR

Warlocks have found a way to make their Rain of Fire visual much more intense by editing a certain file in the WoW folder. Basically, it makes a ton more meteors come down, making it look...idk, cooler?

I was wondering if this is possible for Healing Rain? A blue ring on the ground is cool and all, but I really wanna make it rain on them hoes.
    zoom in to the healing rain effect. It is actually raining, its just very hard to see.
    In answer to your question, im not sure if its possible to actually do that but you sure from the warlock effect you arent seeing Mannoroth's Fury which is the warlocks 90 talent which increases the radius by 500%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrir View Post
    zoom in to the healing rain effect. It is actually raining, its just very hard to see.
    In answer to your question, im not sure if its possible to actually do that but you sure from the warlock effect you arent seeing Mannoroth's Fury which is the warlocks 90 talent which increases the radius by 500%
    Nah, I'm positive it's a file edit. Give me a minute and I'll find it. I'll edit it in when I do.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    its actually a command. /spelleffectlevel then a number. Idk what the default level is. but the crazy ones are at like 2000.

Edit: it could be /console spelleffectlevel ### also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Nah, I'm positive it's a file edit. Give me a minute and I'll find it. I'll edit it in when I do.
    It's a macro/script.

This is the script you were referring to:
    Code:
    /console spelleffectlevel 500
    Just change the 500 to any other number. Not sure what's the default number, most likely 100 or so.

You don't have to edit anything, there is a command with which you can set a number that increases spell particles or something. Only you can see it like that obviously.

Deleted
    I'd be very interested to see if amplifying the rain animation is possible. I love Healing rain, though the default animation looks more like a Healing Puddle! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, when you use that macro you get a lot more of the rain effect when you use Healing Rain. It's just hard to see cause it's so freaking small.

Be aware that the macro will pump up the spell effect levels on every spell you see. Set it too high, run a 25man or LFR with a few locks spamming rain of fire and you can say goodbye to your framerate.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    and only you will see it, not anyone else from your raid, right? at least, that's how I always understood it.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    It's a macro/script.

This is the script you were referring to:
    Code:
    /console spelleffectlevel 500
    Just change the 500 to any other number. Not sure what's the default number, most likely 100 or so.
    Default is 10.
    500 will give you FPS issues when raiding. :P

You used to be able to set it directly by using the console command. It was changed to require the SET spelleffectlevel in the config.wtf before you can change the setting in game.

Edit your World of Warcraft\WTF\config.wtf file with Notepad. Add the line:

SET SpellEffectLevel "10"

at the bottom of the file and save it.

This should allow the command /console spelleffectlevel "x" to function in game.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    and only you will see it, not anyone else from your raid, right? at least, that's how I always understood it.
    Yes this will only affect your client.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally set it to 125 and it's great! You get better spell effects and it barely take a hit on my FPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    I personally set it to 125 and it's great! You get better spell effects and it barely take a hit on my FPS.
    Did you raid with a Warlock, Balance Druid or Mage yet who used their AoE's?
    It gives way too much particles when raiding.

Can't get out of the fire if you can't see it. :P