Thread: Dailies vs. ?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dailies vs. ?

It's clear that there exists a popular negative opinion on the substantial number of Dailies in World of Warcraft. Dailies that, in many people's opinions, are boring and feel mandatory.

Dailies take up a considerable chunk of our PvE game play, which means that there possibly could be something else in lieu of them that a majority of players could be positive about. But what could it be? We're asking for less Dailies, but what could Blizzard introduce instead of Dailies that could feel just as mandatory, but in a good way?

That is what I am asking you today, because I can't think of anything.

I enjoy the Isle of thunder ones. They are quick, simple and easy. The rest of MoP's dailies can fuck off and die. lol

I don't think anyone complained about having the dailies.
    Merely that people believe it is compulsory to complete them to raid.

Not sure if it's true or not, just the impression I got.

Deleted
    Tabards and force me to grind HC's instead. Like in cataclysm but with a maximum rep increase/day. They can nerf the rep gain aswell.

Oh and I hate dailies because of the only way to get rep.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons. Heroics.

Deleted
    To be honest, nothing should feel mandatory, you should do the things you want to do and still feel rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    To be honest, nothing should feel mandatory, you should do the things you want to do and still feel rewarded.
    The sad part it, it does now. I stopped playing a few weeks ago when I realized I was saying to myself "I have to do my dailies...I have to do my LFR". Suddenly it wasn't fun any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    I enjoy the Isle of thunder ones. They are quick, simple and easy. The rest of MoP's dailies can fuck off and die. lol
    Ha! I feel the opposite. I like the Golden Lotus. IoT? Not so much...
    I'm still thinking about it...

I did my dailies alot first toon through (still not exalted with many reps tho). Most of the rep epics ive found were terribly itemized and overall worse than what I could get in LFR/Normal raids regardless of a lower ilvl for some. I think my warlock bought 1 rep based valor point item (klaxxi belt) and geared the rest easily in LFR. People see an epic for XX slot on the rep vendors and think its required because of the LFD/LFR ilvl limits but dont realise those limits do not apply to normal raiding. The LFR limits are easy to achieve doing the previous content to it - Heroic 5mans into LFR Vaults, vaults into Heart of Fear/Terrace etc.

I think of it kind of like homework you have to do before you can do what you actually want to do first.

I want to level an alt
    well first I need to knock out daily's on my main to make sure his rep is were it needs to be.

I need to try and cap valor this week
    shit I need to do my daily's first before I can grind heroics

Ok, I need to farm some mats to make my new gear
    damn but I still haven't done daily's yet.

It gets progressively worse once you get another character to 90 that you want to bring up to the same level as your main. Since everything is gated behind rep, and then once again via VP. If the highest level of play you are expecting is LFR most of your BIS is gonna come from valor.

What people want is to do is burn down that first gate as fast as possible so they can focus more on the VP grinding/capping on their characters. As that is what is actually advancing your character. Rep does absolutely nothing for your character ( one could argue tillers) but VP do. They allow you to buy the gear that makes you stronger and gives your character a sense of progression.

I think this is the crux of most of the hate for dailys.

Dailies is pretty optional for some of us
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

10+ Year Old Account
    dailies can be fun a good example is your farm.I may be the odd person out but i still enjoy farming my little field everyday.If they could branch out and do different little things like this it could break up the monotony of it.How they would go about that I have no earthly clue

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Less dailies, more dungeons and raids/bosses.

I think that's what most people want.

Dailies are such blatant time/content padding activities. Boring as piss.

dailys doesnt feel mandatory, so i don't mind. i do them when i feel like it, and that haven't kept me from being the best geared hunter on my server. didn't held me back from having the best geared rogue aswell on the same server before 5.2

rep is easy to gain, even more so with the warbringers in 5.2, with the tillers rep and daily hc and scenario on top of that, you can easyly be exalted with most factions in a week without putting much effort into it. hell, i was exalted with klaxxi the day after dinging 90 on my latest alt.

They're not really mandatory for raiders, not any more at least. If you're raiding ToT, then you likely already have better gear than you could buy from the rep, other than maybe a piece or two. I guess the charms are still needed for the more progresion oriented group, but that's 45 dalies a week average, and you also have pet battles if you want to take that route to get them. They're not my favorite part of WoW, but they're fun to do from time to time. They're good content for the more casual player, and not forced for raiders now. I do wish they'd continue to make more heroics though.

"feel mandatory" - yes they do, To use Valor you need to do them. don't give me the crap that you don't because you will be able to buy them at revered, because to get there you still have to do them.

Blizzard said they remove shoulder/head enchants (vendor) because it forces you to earn rep (feel mandatory). Well guess what blizzard? I rather 2 faction be manatory (to Ex) and cost gold to buy (becomes BoA), than needing to do 6+ Factions (to Rev), not to mention the 2 were easy to do because the mobs were weaker (even for a newly 85 that finish in Deepthorn) compare to the ones in MoP, that are meant for level 90.

Every repeatable quest must be a daily quest nowadays. I wonder if we ever see just repeatable quests back in the game. Quests that can be done over and over and over again on the day, the same moment you are busy with it.

I thought that things changed where dailies are no longer needed because you can get rep and valor via other methods. Is that not that case?

I don't really know since I never really did dailies. I like to gear through raids. Takes a bit longer, but it's more fun for me. I'm not in a rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    "feel mandatory" - yes they do, To use Valor you need to do them. don't give me the crap that you don't because you will be able to buy them at revered, because to get there you still have to do them.
    Or...you could buy the new ilvl 522 valor items that don't require daily rep.

Whining about dailies being mandatory is so 5.0.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I thought that things changed where dailies are no longer needed because you can get rep and valor via other methods. Is that not that case?

I don't really know since I never really did dailies. I like to gear through raids. Takes a bit longer, but it's more fun for me. I'm not in a rush.
    The only reason to do dailies in 5.2 is for rep mounts/recipes. The daily gear is now outclassed by LFR and non-daily-linked valor gear.

Dailies are a decent source for valor and lesser charms, but there are tons of ways to get valor now and it's quicker to farm lesser charms through pet battles.

People still complaining about mandatory dailies probably haven't played WoW since the 5.2 patch.

Yeah I HATED the rep grind so much. First of course I had to get revered on Golden Lotus just to open up the other reps. Are the mandatory? Well, nothing is mandatory in the game but for me as an enchanter to get the good weapon enchants and somewhat less the wrist enchants I had to grind frikin Golden Lotus then go on this bullcrap Shado Pan and Celestial grind. Now with Isle Thunder I have given up and was there maybe first 5 days it opened but honestly have not been back since.

Yes, Blizz screwed up major in this. We all know they did this grindfest so people would not complain that 2 weeks into an expansion they have nothing to do. They did this as a filler which to me is poor game design.

PS: oh yeah even though you can now give bonus reps thru dungeons to alts I have an alt on a different server I play alot who happens to enchant and now I have to go thru same crap.