Jewelcrafting/Enchanting or Enchanting/Tailoring?

Just wondering, which combo would be better from a hold making perspective and pvp perspective. Either jewelcrafting/enchanting or tailoring/enchanting? I already have tailoring leveled with about 2 522 patterns and about 10 dreadful patterns but I was thinking of doing JC to replace it. Thoughts?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you want to do more! If you want to make gold, don't drop the Tailoring, make another toon and level up JC and Alch on there and make even more gold! Tailoring/Ench are pretty synergistic.

If it's PvP you want then you might be better off posting there asking which of the three proff's is the best for PvP. Also you might want to advise which class you are (guessing you're a clothie) as you can't make your own gear (and save money) if you are a plate wearer!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for an alt with Jewelcrafting and Alchemy too. With allready having 522 patterns and needing to spend gold to level JC + having to go through weeks of doing the research to get recipes I don't think a switch right now is going to make you any gold at all. I'd try to take advantage of the 522 patterns while you can and then if you are still wanting to change to do it after the 522 patterns stop selling.

If you do it on an alt though you get Alchemy as well, which is a huge boon to have for Meta gem creation and such + transmute alchemist is decently profitable on it's own as well.

Depends on your class. If you're not a caster you're really gimping yourself being a tailor and would be better getting a different crafting profession. If you want to min-max then BS+Eng is best for non-casters and BS+Tailoring for casters.

I'm a Destruction Warlock, and I have a DK with both JC and Xmute Alchemy. So I'm guessing the better move would just to stay tailoring then, only problem with the gold part is I haven't really been able to sell many of the crafted dreadful peaces at all, and I don't have enough capital to craft the 522 pieces. Only benefit though would probably be with JC on my main I would be able to get the meta cuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    I'm a Destruction Warlock, and I have a DK with both JC and Xmute Alchemy. So I'm guessing the better move would just to stay tailoring then, only problem with the gold part is I haven't really been able to sell many of the crafted dreadful peaces at all, and I don't have enough capital to craft the 522 pieces. Only benefit though would probably be with JC on my main I would be able to get the meta cuts.
    Hmm with the legendary meta coming in it might not be worth it to do it just for that. And you'd still be behind on getting rest of the recipes.

Unrelated to this, but something you might be able to do if the prices on your server are o.k. is buy Windwool Cloth, turn 1 stack of it into a crafted dreadful cloak, and then d/e that and sell the shard for profit. It's not much, but on my server the difference is 20g before AH cut, and I easily sold a stack of shards. Again, it will depend on what the Windwool price is per stack, and what the Shard price is, but it might help you make Tailoring more profitable. I just use this trick to make cheap shards for my Sha crystal cooldown myself now though, but there's potential for more.

EDIT: bonus to doing this is being in a level 25 guild and getting bonus shards from d/e. It will further your profit margin.

Deleted
    I had JC/Enchanting until last month.I wasn't making any gold on gems too much competition on my realm.I would go for Enchanting/tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by kalyan View Post
    I had JC/Enchanting until last month.I wasn't making any gold on gems too much competition on my realm.I would go for Enchanting/tailoring.
    I've noticed that as well. There is just too much competition in the gem market. People are undercutting without any though, thus driving the prices further down. I am glad I didn't bother with JC this expansion. It was frustrating in Cata as well.

Some could say its the same in most markets; fair enough, however the gem market is probably the worst since people often mass produce gem cuts and try to list them all at once.

@OP. I would stick with tailoring. You have to find other revenue streams. Tailoring probably trumps all the other crafting professions when it comes to that.

Bags were my big sellers in Cata, especially the Embersilk ones. Netherweave and Frostweave do sell especially Neatherweave. You then have a few vanity items you can sell for a decent amount. With honor gear so easy to farm, people may think investing in crafted PVP blues is a not wise idea.

Also Tailors benefit get a buff in Northrend. Farm some frostweave, sell bags. They usually sell for upwards 250g+.

With the current prices on windwool, I have found the new pvp cloth bracers a great source of ethereal shards for the daily sha crystal xmute.