Poll: Should Thrall die in 5.3/5.4?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    I think the Mary Sue that is Thrall needs to die. I didn't like him in WC3, I didn't like him before Cata, I hated him for being a super hero in Cata... He needs to go.
    Mary Sue.
    Gary Stu.

Incredibly annoying 'terms'. And that's an understatement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Mary Sue.
    Gary Stu.

Incredibly annoying 'terms'. And that's an understatement.

Especially considering how they are used wrongly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Not only Thrall dies, the whole raid will be a disaster for us players, ending up with Garrosh winning this time. xP

Also what one poster before me said, I want his awesome bead necklace.

Deleted
    I think thrall will die... eventualy.
    Probably of old age, but we never know when blizzard will put in a little big twist to entertain us.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Thrall was also the name of the dwarf king in 'The Hobbit.'
    You are thinking of Thorin, Thrain, or Thror.

thrall? die? you kidding? metzen will sooner kill himself then thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want his family to die...
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    That's sick.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You realize they haven't said that and actually dispute that claim right?
    That is what "I suspect" means, yes.

Especially considering how they are used wrongly.
    How can you argue that he is not? Metzen turned Thrall into an idealized character that became a focus of an entire expansion with few flaws and gained the ability to wield enormous power which changed the fate of an entire universe. He meets all of the requirements for a Gary Stu, and it was poor writing and poor characterization. Just because you like a character doesn't mean that it doesn't meet the definition...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=mary%20sue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That is what "I suspect" means, yes.

How can you argue that he is not? Metzen turned Thrall into an idealized character that became a focus of an entire expansion with few flaws and gained the ability to wield enormous power which changed the fate of an entire universe. He meets all of the requirements for a Gary Stu, and it was poor writing and poor characterization. Just because you like a character doesn't mean that it doesn't meet the definition...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=mary%20sue

He isn't a Mary Sue. He doesn't meet the requirements of those terms. He has flaws thus he is not a Mary Sue as you imply. That's the end of it. We don't really need to derail this into another Thrall is bad thread. He is not a Mary Sue GET OVER IT.

Just because you like a character doesn't mean that it doesn't meet the definition...
    Just because you don't like the character doesn't mean it's a Mary Sue and meets it's definitions in your own biased mind.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    That's just wrong.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

He isn't a Mary Sue. He doesn't meet the requirements of those terms. He has flaws thus he is not a Mary Sue as you imply. That's the end of it. We don't really need to derail this into another Thrall is bad thread. He is not a Mary Sue GET OVER IT.

Just because you don't like the character doesn't mean it's a Mary Sue and meets it's definitions in your own biased mind.
    I think you should read up on what a Mary Sue is. I provided you links, feel free to use them.

Thrall's flaws are, as you know, marginal. In regards to idealization, there is a ton of evidence for it.

Deleted
    I'd just like to see something totally left field from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That's sick.
    Agree, i would much rather have garrosh kidnap thralls kid use gul'dans magic to age him then infuse him with fel energies/sha and force thrall to kill him. Now that would be awesome.

Deleted
    I like very much Thrall since Warcraft 3 but he's true since a moment, he was a little too much "pro-peace" for an Orc.
    So, the only thing I ask to Blizzard Lore guys, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5aRMEu0GjI

I hope his wife and kid die and he goes berserk. You don't have to kill him just kill who he is and the boring story he represents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I hope his wife and kid die and he goes berserk. You don't have to kill him just kill who he is and the boring story he represents.
    After doing the demented questline about Firelands with all my alts (the one with Aggra all "OMG CHILDREN" and possibily the worst voice acting of all WOW), I don't care if he lives or dies I just want to never hear the biatch again.

Although on a serious note, he lacks nouance and depth. Throughout Cataclysm he's just been a deus-ex-machina with no real personality. Hope whatever happens to him shapes him up.

Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    I think the Mary Sue that is Thrall needs to die. I didn't like him in WC3, I didn't like him before Cata, I hated him for being a super hero in Cata... He needs to go.
    This.

A lot.

I love thrall from wc3, i loved the original thrall in wow aswell. Thralloclysm destroyed everything for me, killing my night elf hero Staghelm, as well as benedictus. For me wow lore "died" at that point. Soon Mop came out and i realized i was right.

Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    I love thrall from wc3, i loved the original thrall in wow aswell. Thralloclysm destroyed everything for me, killing my night elf hero Staghelm, as well as benedictus. For me wow lore "died" at that point. Soon Mop came out and i realized i was right.

This I don't understand. New lore =/= dead lore.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing