Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be leveling anything else in the near future. I have had my fill.

I came into MoP with 15 level 85's and have since taken 7 onto the level cap. I have seen everything that every continent has to offer. I know the quests inside out.

What do Blizzrd do in the future? I agree that going from 1-100 would be a daunting prospect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    New 90 shouldn't be something you can have easily I am strongly certain that MMOs and RPGs should be about grind or peeps will get boring.
    I hate grinding but i love RPGs and WoW.

Blizz should find "middleroad" which pleases both sides. Like that XP lock thing. Pay 5k gold and get +300xp buff.

This way people who want to take it easy and enjoy the view can do it and ppl who want to rush to 90lvl can do it with a permanent XP buff.

Edit. Of course, this XP buff would be available after first level 90 char.

Deleted
    I think there should be some xp buff implemented for further characters on a realm & faction after youve levelled your first 90 there. Possibly with a small buff for every 90 you achieve thereafter.

The first 90 was a rush. The second was fun, got to enjoy the quests. The third it became tedious. The fourth I started to dislike parts of the zones because it just feels so slow and tedious. But then i still levelled a fifth and sixth.

I would level the rest of my characters if there was some kind of xp buff for having levelled 6 chars to max level previously. BUT i also agree that the current max level should be a challenge.

Level 1-85 should take no time at all (if thats what the player wants - so options should be available). 85 - 90 should still take time, but should be made more fun - dungeoning should be made more equal to questing, other options should be implemented. Questing becomes so boring - especially when youre doing it for dailies as well.
    Last edited by mmoccf776cd969; 2013-03-28 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling

imho - Blizz should make the old expansion raids become an optional way of leveling. Like leveling 50-60 doing vanilla raids, 60-70 doing TBC raids, etc... And have each tier within the expansion represent a portion of the leveling, with decreasing xp as you gain levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it? quit for 2 months ask a friend after 2 months to send u a ressurection scroll and poof free lvl 80. only 10 levels left to go from there.

Got realm first 90 monk in 20 hours, all solo. If that is way too long... lolz.

inb4 LOL RAF - pay 5 dollars, and get like 4 level 90s in a few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Don't like it? quit for 2 months ask a friend after 2 months to send u a ressurection scroll and poof free lvl 80. only 10 levels left to go from there.
    i thought you had to be inactive from before march last year?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...rection-faq#q4

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the leveling process that much for 1-85. But geeze, 85-90 is dreadfully annoying. I know that flying helped 80-85 go faster and really helped with just not making it feel like a boring grind, and I do think Blizzard should take a serious look at it again for 85-90. I do agree that flying initially takes you away from the world, but I believe the WotLK approach to flying was probably the best and would help those alt-o-holics that share the sentiment that Pandaria takes too damn long in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I won't be leveling anything else in the near future. I have had my fill.

I came into MoP with 15 level 85's and have since taken 7 onto the level cap. I have seen everything that every continent has to offer. I know the quests inside out.

What do Blizzrd do in the future? I agree that going from 1-100 would be a daunting prospect.
    Self-control would have a word...

Deleted
    The problem is not that it's too much leveling. The problem is that the leveling is too easy, too boring and too linear. And as such, it makes you feel like you're just grinding, which is horribly boring. WoW did the wrong thing in making the leveling as it is, so linear in every zone, and now people see it. The problem is every time you hear someone talk about the fun of WoW, it is about the end game. Blizzard failed on the remaking of the lower levels by making them so linear and easy, which had the opposite effect of what they wanted since the old leveling branched out a lot so you felt you had lots of choices. The new ones does not. So people just see it as an unfinishing grind to the real fun.

But why should they grind so much for the actual fun when there's other games where the fun starts only after the training area? And as such, people give up on WoW.

It is lightning fast to level now even if you have zero BOA or guild perks. I know many ppl just want to race to the end so their toons can sit and collect dust, instead why not enjoy parts of the game you haven't seen. Then again it is really fun to blast to the lvl cap then wonder why you don't have much to do as you decide to make a new toon.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 07:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Got realm first 90 monk in 20 hours, all solo. If that is way too long... lolz.

inb4 LOL RAF - pay 5 dollars, and get like 4 level 90s in a few days.
    This would be a great story if the RAF monks weren't exempt from realm first 90.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    1-90 still takes less time now then 1-60 did in vanilla

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In an interview to the 5 year anniversary, it was mentioned that while 10 million ppl play, 25-30 million have passed through the game. For the many that quit, it seems still many start anew. So, one cannot really generalize. 1-50 just flew by on my monk, at times I would gain a lv up by doing the monk daily, the cooking daily and the fishing daily.

Then there is RAF, heirlooms, etc etc. Cutting XP needed...I don't see that. Under the current system you can chose not to use the XP boost.
    I'm not exactly sure how they can measure that people like level grinding. It's not as if you can "not level". It's not a choice.

I think this is something they've needed to look at for a while, not necessarily for current/former players of the game but for new players. Most older players remember how much worse leveling had been in the past, they know most of the leveling quests already, and accept it as part of WoW's gameplay. For new players though, it can be overwhelming.

I've had many friends try WoW only to quit while leveling. Even though I helped them where I could, it's hard to convince someone who's bored with leveling by level 30 that it's only 60 more levels until the REAL game starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The problem is every time you hear someone talk about the fun of WoW, it is about the end game.
    That happened when a lot of people started finally reaching max level and found out that raiding is more fun than questing (i.e. mid-TBC). That had nothing to do with quest re-design (which happened in Cata).

The time it takes to level from 1-90 is roughly the same time it took to level from 1-70 in TBC or 1-80 in WotLK. Yes, we keep getting more levels which means more content to work through, but then Blizzard counters that by reducing the experience needed to earn a level DRASTICALLY, which in turn actually drops the amount of content you must complete in each expansion.

The IDEA of 90 levels is what's scaring you. Not the time. Not the amount of quests you have to do. Just the idea. Because I can assure you, 1-90 doesn't take any longer than previous levels caps have taken from 1 in previous expansions.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I think this is something they've needed to look at for a while, not necessarily for current/former players of the game but for new players. Most older players remember how much worse leveling had been in the past, they know most of the leveling quests already, and accept it as part of WoW's gameplay. For new players though, it can be overwhelming.

I've had many friends try WoW only to quit while leveling. Even though I helped them where I could, it's hard to convince someone who's bored with leveling by level 30 that it's only 60 more levels until the REAL game starts.
    That sounds like a problem with the person to me, not the game. WoW has always been about leveling to max and then complete end game content once you hit max level. Leveling from 1-60 (Which was actually 1-50 originally) took WAY longer than 1-90 does today. 1-70 in TBC, 1-80 in WotLK, and 1-85 in Cata all take roughly the same time it takes to level from 1-90 in MoP due tot he experience reductions made per level after each new expansion hits.

It's all in your heads, guys. It's really all in your heads. The only thing Blizzard could do to make you happy would be to literally take out middle expansion like TBC, Wrath and Cata, and we all know that's really not what we want in the end, now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well maybe is a time all other classes to have that cool daily quest who gives you 50% experience bonus.
    I like the idea of the daily 50% exp buff for all classes. That way people who want to level quickly can and the people who want to take their time can still level at normal speed.

Northrend and Panda areas need XP reduction

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Between flying mounts for alts, heirlooms, and the rate of leveling as is I don't really think it takes much longer than it ever did.

i like 1-60 well enough, after that my enthusiasm wanes considerably. but i guess thats cause 1-60 is still "new and shiny".