[ RESTO] Gemming

So i've decided to drop down to the first hastecap of 3043 instead of the second one.
    But i cant really decide if i want to go for intellect (Brilliant Primordial Ruby + Artful Vermilion Onyx + Purified Imperial Amethyst) or spirit (Sparkling River's Heart + Zen Wild Jade + Purified Imperial Amethyst) gemming.

Meaning i can't decide if i want to favour intellect or spirit. Once i get out of this evil queue i'll do my reforging and simcraft myself, but in the meantime i'd love to hear your thoughts on this and what you would go for in a 10 man enviorment.

My armory, if needed.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thriz/advanced

Edit: Added the gems i meant.
    Last edited by MYTHRIZ; 2013-03-26 at 06:24 PM.
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue:

Deleted
    Im runnin the 1st haste cap and full int+mastery (spirit+int on blues), Im also running 10mans with several healer comps... My progression is somewhat like yours so I think i can relate.

Mainly you need to focus on your healer comp, but on average, you gotta check that other healers tend to top other people with direct heal, therefore most of your hots will go into overheal... so spirit would be advised so that you could recover from massive amounts of overhealing. yet, if you play smart, you should go into Intelect, why?
    because of the way the mechanics work so far in ToT, you get some "rest phases" where you can relax, position shrooms, and heal the tank (and there the other healers shine because they top people as soon as they take damage) and some phases where massive amounts of healing are required, and the other healers can't keep up and there you will get the full hot duration healing... and when you are "needed" you should deliver powerful AOE healing to help out... a spirit build will allow you to cast more but less powerful so...
    Horridon with all the dispells its really a big hit on our mana with a int build, but still, you can dispell several and use all the mana-regen available to you to work it out and when all the gates are shut, even with little mana, a well placed shroom, you can keep everyone up.

I wonder how good is the shadowpan trinket for us... well, for a 3min CD you gotta expect the encounter to last at least 6-7 min for a double use so its kinda "risky" then you need to blow Up innervate ASAP too to get the most out of it... god forbid you will have a nice Rshaman blowing totem or Priest casting hym and you will end up with lots of mana going overflowing... dunno... my 2cents here...
    Also, do you really like that NV instead of HotW? i find the 6% Int/stam quite nice to have all the way through, plus in the rest phases I talked about I like to regen mana while wrath/MF spamming... again... my 2cents...

Thanks for your input!
    Yes, i was leaning towards going for int rather then spirit. Mainly because, as you said, resting phases .. in which, i can usally bring my mana up quite a lot.
    Our current healing setup is mainly me, a disc priest and a hpaladin.
    Comparing the other healers gear with my own shows in well undergeared from going back and forth between resto and balance, so my spirit is generally low compared to most druids (from what i've seen), hence my hesitation.
    As for the trinket, im hoping the trinket from Horridon will grace us with its presence soon enough.

queue:

Happy with regen:

Red = Brilliant (160) / Reckless (80 Int, 160 Haste) IF you need a haste breakpoint
    Yellow = Int+Mastery/Reckless
    Blue = Purified (80 Int, 160 Spirit)

If socket bonus isn't worth it then just gem pure Int.

Want more regen:

Red = Purified
    Yellow = Spirit+Mastery (can't recall name)
    Blue = Purified or Sparkling (320 Spirit) if you're really hurting for mana

If socket bonus isn't worth it then gem Sparkling.

Edit: For some reason was thinking Mastery simmed higher than Int.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-26 at 08:33 PM.

My opinion would be it depends on your raid. I run the same healer comp as you, but we also 2 heal some fights. That means I need the spirit for mana regen pretty badly. I just got the Horridon trink and SP trink this week so that should help, but I will probably stick with the spirit for awhile yet.

It all depends on your comfort level. Are you running OOM? Are people dying from unavoidable damage because you can't heal them? If the answer is no then go for Int. If yes then go for spirit.

I have to ask as a fellow druid. With your gear, WHY would you want to move AWAY From the haste cap? That is what we all aim for

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    I have to ask as a fellow druid. With your gear, WHY would you want to move AWAY From the haste cap? That is what we all aim for
    The second Haste breakpoint without SotF (6652) is not worth getting if you're giving up Mastery in any way to reach it. Can't speak on SotF users since I still haven't switched to SotF.

As for OP: I'm not really following your reforging. Seems like you're trading an almost equal amount of Mastery for Haste. Glove enchant should be Mastery.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-26 at 08:38 PM.

With my gear, im giving up way too much to reach the second haste cap.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 09:50 PM ----------

@ Trubo and Ryzzen
    Might just go with more regen for now, i feel like im running oom more then i should .. but that is mainly because slacking from other raiders i'd say.
    How much spirit would you say unbuffed makes you safe?

queue:

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The second Haste breakpoint without SotF (6652) is not worth getting if you're giving up Mastery in any way to reach it. Can't speak on SotF users since I still haven't switched to SotF.
    Well, I am not SOTF myself but are we really gimped resto shamans and mastery is that useful too us? I mean usually I'm top of the charts because I have like 29% mastery all buffed up lol

Deleted
    Just stay at the 3043 haste cap and only reach for higher cap if you pick SotF, and there it's 5730.

Juggle around and don't be afraid to swap your gems a lot. Outside help is pretty pointless except for pointing out which gems to use, except that you know answer to that already; we can't know how good you are at handling your mana. EDIT #1 Don't use pure intellect gems, just have spirit / intellect for red ones.

Only real tip I can give: Decide out with your gemming, then check with mastery buff if you're just little bit short of next mastery % and you can swap that one spirit gem to spirit/mastery one.

What I said about SotF: If you really use that, be prepared to notice that your mana is going down a lot faster than it usually does, since ToL is as much as mana return talent as it is healing boost one.

Fights where SotF with 5730 haste is useful: Lei Shi, Protectors of the Endless HC Elite, Tortos, Jin'rokh, Iron Qon, Dark Animus (not really challenging healing wise).

Edit #2: I think I ran T14 HC's decent enough with 9k unbuffed spirit

Edit #3... lots of edits: Don't you have Tsulong trinket?
    Last edited by mmoc3c46420bdf; 2013-03-26 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    As stated elsewhere on this forum - with t15 gear 2 mastery becomes more valuable than 1 int. So int/mastery gems might be better than pure int for you, for exact math compare spellpower you have to 0.5843*mastery + 22605. If your sp is higher than number you got 2mastery is over 1int for you.
    Last edited by mmoc2b85c39607; 2013-03-27 at 05:00 PM.

@ Lestuniem
    I wish i had the tsulong trinket, but it was always given to that healer that would always leave the guild next week or change speccs.
    Last night i switched over to more regen based gemming, with int/spirit in red and blue gem sockets and mastery/spirit in yellow. I am currently at 9,1k spirit unbuffed and i intend to try this out in tonights raid.

@ Ysoph
    Thanks!

queue:

Quote Originally Posted by Lestuniem View Post
    Only real tip I can give: Decide out with your gemming, then check with mastery buff if you're just little bit short of next mastery % and you can swap that one spirit gem to spirit/mastery one.
    Mastery is effective across the board. So don't try to worry about hitting a certain % ever. If you gem more mastery it will be effective of course, but it will only be as effective as whats added. Its not like being at 18.7% is a waste of 0.7% and you want to get to 19%. The game accounts for all mastery (no % breakpoints)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Mastery is effective across the board. So don't try to worry about hitting a certain % ever. If you gem more mastery it will be effective of course, but it will only be as effective as whats added. Its not like being at 18.7% is a waste of 0.7% and you want to get to 19%. The game accounts for all mastery (no % breakpoints)
    You learn something new every day!

Well, I am not SOTF myself but are we really gimped resto shamans and mastery is that useful too us? I mean usually I'm top of the charts because I have like 29% mastery all buffed up lol
    Mastery is Resto's best throughput secondary stat after the first Haste threshold since it scales linearly. Not sure what you mean by gimped since Resto Shamans go for Crit.

As for my Int recommendations the difference between going for Int versus Mastery is pretty minimal with t14 and t15. Int was slightly stronger in t14 and Mastery will beat Int in t15 and subsequent raids.

The next breakpoint we'd want to hit is the +2 tick on rejuv which is 13163 and very much unreachable. Losing mastery to try to get a tick on only wild growth isn't a throughput increase. 13163 is the 2nd "breakpoint"

Deleted
    Well according to a hpala from method being low on spirit (i am) is crap and shows i dont know what i am doing . I am almost 8k spirit and heavily based on mastery and haste to 5437 (sotf) to use it with my sotf. According to him my gemming is wrong since i should't be so low or mix the gems (i tried to reach certain number in mastery) . Other rdruids from another good guild saying that i should't be low on spirit . What people dont see if that its different healing with 5-6 healers to 6-7 healers and when your raid has more than 1 disc 1 hpala (last guild had 2 hpalas 2 disc in all raids bringing another disc in some fights) you dont get oomed unless you spam without propose.

So my advice to you is just dont get more than 5437 haste which is something majority of rdruids agree. Then you will have people arguing about spirit and how much you should have or mastery vs intellect so you will never be 100% sure.

What i see is that the only effective thing working for top resto's is go for a rejuv blanket way of healing which to be honest i dont agree but if it works to keep them viable i cant say anything else. Whatever stat you stack more the result will be the same . 1 rdruid is max raid spot most guilds would give out since you cant shine over hpalas and discs ( i would say monks even with certain issues they have are still quite good and rshaman recent buff is helping them abit ).