Poll: My opinion on Heirlooms is

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    "I do not understand this statement, better insult the poster's intelligence just to be sure."

Nowhere did I deny that this topic might infact be a problem to some.
    You were trolling, people picked up on your trolling ways and now you're angry when other members call you out on it?
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

do you honestly thing that idea haven't been suggested before ? Its still not in the game. So obviously it aint that easy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Instead of a full set of looms, make one trinket. It would be something like:

Heirloom of the Champion (Alliance) / Heirloom of the Legend (Horde)
    Item Level 1
    Binds to Account on Realm
    Unique-Equipped
    Miscellaneous
    Trinket

Equip: +10 to all stats and increase Experience gain by 65%. Stacks concurrently with Guild Experience Perk.
    Requires Level 1 - 85
    Requires Faction - Exalted (Must be exalted with all 6 Faction Races)

Cost: 10,000 gold

Then, once you have at least one toon Exalted with all 6 races, you can purchase this trinket and mail one to each alt on the realm. No more need for BoA gear. This would give each all the "gear bonuses" without having to wear the gear. Just my opinion.
    How does this solve the OPs issue of sending them to a different server? I mean this request gets floated about a lot and tons of people have the same old solutions (which could work for all that I know about WoW code) and they all come down to to some sort of account wide, one time purchase, unlockable which Blizzard have flat out said they were not going to do. I'm not sure what problem your solution actually solves other than it costing gold rather honor/JP.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP, this isn't really worth a poll.

Blizzard has already stated that they're not against cross realm BoA's and it's something they want to do and are working on. They have already stated that they do not want to use the mail system and want to implement something account wide that can be accessed from the UI either from something similar to a spell book page or a drop down from the character pane like the way titles work.

The biggest sign that cross realm heirlooms are coming was 5.0 when mounts and pets became account wide. Since Blizzard was able to implement this, the reality of cross realm BoA's became much clearer. I believe we're going to see cross realm BoA's this expansion. In fact, I believe it's going to be the upcoming "big surprise" that has already been hinted at by the blues.
    Err, yeah, no, their big surprise is not going to be cross realm heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    I like this idea very much. It's a real shame for people who are stuck on dying realms that they can't reroll on other realms with their heirlooms - you'd almost think blizzard are trying to make them to pay to move servers... They're not willing to do anything about dead realms, and aren't willing to provide a solution to support people resorting to rerolling elsewhere.

I'd rather see heirlooms removed altogether and replaced with some kind of buff item that was account wide. Either solution is obviously doable though, the question is why it's not being done.
    Account wide pets/mounts/achievements don't benefit players who reroll due to dying realms? What? Also let's not pretend Blizzard hasn't been discussing cross realm auction houses for those realms and possibly other cross realm features. To claim Blizzard isn't doing anything is a flat out lie easily proven simply by checking out the blue tracker and posts on this very site. Also could we seriously stop making EVERY issue in game about low pop realms? People wanting cross realm heirlooms is an issue for ALL players not just those on low pop realms. Hijacking threads to push your pet issue isn't accomplishing anything and only takes away from your complaint.

Deleted
    or blizz could just put in a very small (8-10 items) stash-box that can be seen across all realms, this stash box can only contain BOA items, and have it attached to your Battlenet ID. Bit like the stash box in D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Just because it is not a problem for you does not mean that others agree with your perception.

Back on topic this and other systems have been suggested since the introduction of Heirlooms almost four and half years ago. I think it is safe to say that if Blizzard have not implemented a way to access Heirlooms on other realms in that period of time they are simply not interested in doing so.
    You are aware the people responsible for developing the technology to mail heirlooms cross realm have been a little busy revamping and rebuilding battle.net from the ground up right? Also Blizzard has stated on more than one occasion (as recently as around 3 months ago) that they are considering alternate methods of handling the heirloom issue. They aren't dead set on doing it through mail and in fact don't even consider that the best option themselves which is a significant departure from their original stance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The most easiest solution would be: after you bought a heirloom, this heirloom will be unlocked sold for free by a vendor in every starting zone and main city. This could be done by a hidden achievement or the same method as they did it with the increase of reputation with factions.
    Blizzard doesn't consider spawning endless copies of heirlooms to be a good solution. Stop asking them to do it. They are far more receptive to other solutions though so how about instead of beating this dead horse you actually continue suggesting the things they haven't flat out said no to?

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    They should add an extra tab, like when you open the mount and pet journal, an extra tab should be there called "Heirlooms", which tracks which ones you have already bought, so if you are on an alt on a new server, simply open the tab, click the desired gear and it appears in your bag.
    The challenge in making this happen goes far beyond making a UI for it. This is about as silly as when players suggest changing the text on heirlooms as if that will magically make it hop over to another realm.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Blizz have obviously seen how many people transfer char's to another realm with all heirlooms and would rather you paid £15 for that purpose
    That is all well and good but when heirlooms were originally implemented they weren't cross faction. It was later patched in a few months after that and around 1-2 years ago they made it possible for players to mail heirlooms between accounts on their battle.net account. If this were a money grab Blizzard is doing it very wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Please, spare us the pseudo-intellectual garbage. The fact that some don't see it as a problem, but others do still means it's a problem, just not for everyone. As it is, it's a problem without a good reason for being.

Blizzard have numerous options for getting around this matter, easily. However, like fixing dying realms, they have a financial motivation not to fix said issue. The CMs pretty well constantly gloss over this fact with "it's difficult, trust us", much like "we'll fix realms when it's necessary" while there are servers where one faction consists entirely of one guild. Even the realm merge name issue has an obvious and simple resolution. If it's a unique name, that's what you get, if two share the same name, one becomes John-realmx, the other John-realmy. Then assign their armory urls a 2-3 letter original realm suffix at the end to prevent confusion.
    Or maybe just maybe it is a matter of Blizzard not giving a fuck about heirlooms simply because they consider other issues more pressing. Again the team responsible for cross realm heirlooms has been busy with the battle.net revamp and the various cross realm tech they have been developing (much of which is going to lead to cross realm guilds and auction houses which solves some of the issues with low pop realms). Look I'm sorry you aren't getting your server mergers so you can dance on Blizzard's grave but stop pretending like Blizzard doesn't address these issues on a daily basis. If money were a factor we wouldn't have gotten cross faction heirlooms (at player request) and cross account heirlooms (also at player request). Last time I checked Blizzard profits from faction changes and moving characters between accounts as well. In short, you are an ignorant blowhard and you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 10:12 PM ----------

In the past you used to get account bound pets in the mail when you created a new character regardless of what realm the new character was created on so it stands to reason that a similar, modified system could be used for heirlooms. We, also, have account wide achievements, pets and mounts now which I'm sure they could use as basis for account wide heirlooms

They already have systems to transfer characters and even whole guilds with full guild banks, achievements, perks and rep so I doubt it is as difficult as they claim and certainly not so difficult that a company of Blizzard's size, ability and calibre could not develop a system in over four years.
    There is a significant difference between copying data off one realm and copying it to another. Nothing is actually moved. In fact the characters people transfer get deleted from the source realm and not actually moved at all. Those of you spamming this moronic bullshit just so you can slam Blizzard really should get your facts straight. The issue lies with the fact Blizzard wants heirlooms to be a point dump and aren't all that interested in a solution that invalidates part of why heirlooms were implemented in the first place. Instead of this passive aggressive bullshit why not come up with solutions that take what Blizzard wants into consideration? Oh right because that would be constructive and might lead to getting this resolved. Silly me.

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-29 at 02:22 PM.

Tbh, I'd just remove Heirlooms altogether. As some pointed out above, they take away most of the gearing experience, which even for an alt, is part of the game... and in the end, the thing that matters the most is the xp gain.

So why not just reward a permanent account-level % experience boost with achievements such as Level 90, Dynamic Duo, Terrific Trio and Quintesential Quintet? 20% exp boost for each, so that the first alt gets a 20% exp boost, the second a 40%, and so on...

Err, yeah, no, their big surprise is not going to be cross realm heirlooms.
    And if it is? What then? I'm sure it will be tragic to lose some fodder for the hate machine but oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    They should add an extra tab, like when you open the mount and pet journal, an extra tab should be there called "Heirlooms", which tracks which ones you have already bought, so if you are on an alt on a new server, simply open the tab, click the desired gear and it appears in your bag.
    This was my ide too. Make a Tab or something. Maybe in your bank and place a bank at starting areas. Or a vendor. As soon you pick up a BOA item it end up in that tab or bank. Just like Pets and Mounts. "Problem" solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is a significant difference between copying data off one realm and copying it to another. Nothing is actually moved. In fact the characters people transfer get deleted from the source realm and not actually moved at all. Those of you spamming this moronic bullshit just so you can slam Blizzard really should get your facts straight. The issue lies with the fact Blizzard wants heirlooms to be a point dump and aren't all that interested in a solution that invalidates part of why heirlooms were implemented in the first place. Instead of this passive aggressive bullshit why not come up with solutions that take what Blizzard wants into consideration? Oh right because that would be constructive and might lead to getting this resolved. Silly me.
    Why is it that you are so quick to defend Blizzard whenever they are criticised? And why should we as customers have to take into consideration the wants of a corporation? As paying customers, it should be our desires that are taken into consideration.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    And if it is? What then? I'm sure it will be tragic to lose some fodder for the hate machine but oh well.
    If it is then I will, probably, get around to levelling an alt on another server but after four and half years of waiting I doubt it will happen.

Did you post it on official forums yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Or they can just make a Void Storage type of thing that can be accessed by any character on the account, but can only store heirlooms.
    This is exactly what I had in mind, especially considering I remember a blue post asking if you really should be entitled an heirloom for every character for free just because you bought it once. It was in response to someone suggesting that every heirloom you unlock should be mailed to all characters you create in the future, much like some mounts and pets are. But with a void storage kind of system but only for account wide items, you still only have that same heirloom that you pass around your characters, so it shouldn't be an issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hasnt this horse been beat enough?

Really, how much more dumbed down do you want Blizz to make this game?

next everyone will be wanting account wide epics.

o wait, I shouldn't have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Instead of a full set of looms, make one trinket.
    Like the idea very much. Complete itemsets make itemdrops from dungeons during the level process totally needless.
    Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

How is making account wide items actually account wide dumbing down the game? How is it in any way even remotely interesting to have to re-farm justice points and/or honor points to get new heirlooms you already have, but on another server?

I agree that leveling is ridiculously easy of that's what you're getting at, and the heirlooms makes it even more so, but people primarily get the heirlooms for the XP bonus, and the heirlooms are supposed to be account wide. So how is it so wrong for us to ask them to actually make it possible to somehow pass it on from one character to the other, no matter the server?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

Allowing people to use heirlooms they have spent time gaining on other servers is dumbing down the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldish View Post
    Like the idea very much. Complete itemsets make itemdrops from dungeons during the level process totally needless.
    Part of the beauty of heirlooms is not needing to worry about replacing major parts of your gear every few levels and the problem with needing to use drops from dungeons is that they become outdated so quickly, especially early on in the game.

Deleted
    I bet a fair proportion of realm transfers are people transferring their heirlooms. Blizz won't implement something that earns them less money.

I would maybe start playing wow again on a limited basis if they did make them battlenet/cross server.