Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Even with all that, the game does seem pretty attractive if I can get it for 25 EUR, as I can now. however, I need to know that I am able to play the game without ever having to involve myself into PvP.
    Of course you never have to PVP. However, all the Guild Wars games bank heavily on PVP for longevity.

That said one does the same things as in other MMOs; dungeons, open world events, crafting, achievement collecting, "quests" in the for of the personal story [sorta like tor's class story], et cetera.

I have been in World vs. World twice since release. Not even once in SPVP. Rarely PVP'd in GW1 as well. But loved the game to pieces at times.

There is plenty to entertain myself with for casual play in the GW series.

Guild Wars 2's price point and "value" [though this as a concept is to be admonished] is no greater or worse than a good single player RPG such as The Witcher or Fallout.

There is no sub. So even if you get 90hours of solid RPG out of it for $30 it is on par with the previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    A local store has an offer until the 7th of April where GW2 is 40 EUR, and I got a coupon for 15 EUR as well. But whenever I hear about GW2, people are talking about the PvP side of things. However, I absolutely hate PvP, mainly because I'm awful at it in most games.

so what does GW2 have for me? I've heard that there are some pretty nice jumping puzzles ingame, and that there's a lot of exploration in the game as well.

I've tried the BWE 3 and I was in the Nord starting zone, and I hated how crowded it was. I felt like it didn't matter if I was there or not, and that I couldn't get any meaningful personal progression going.

Even with all that, the game does seem pretty attractive if I can get it for 25 EUR, as I can now. however, I need to know that I am able to play the game without ever having to involve myself into PvP.
    Going paragraph by paragraph on this one.

For 25EUR its probably pretty safe to say that even if you don't play through more then 1/2 of the PvE content on only one class that you will still get your moneys worth compaired to any single player "AAA" game. Its a fun game to dabble in and out of but I definitely would not play it like I use to play other MMOs in the past.

The jumping puzzles are pretty good, most the zones are enjoyable to explore, the combat is fairly fun for a MMO, but it all gets samey if you don't take it in small doses, its fun to play an hour or two here and an hour or two there but if your treating it like how many people treat MMOs it will ware its welcome, but hey its not like taking your time leveling and playing other games at the same time costs any sub fee so not to big of a deal.

As far as the BWE, remember that was everyone all geting the same very small access window to play in a very select set of areas, so it was going to be much more crowded then now where people are more spread out through out the zones.

And yes you never have to touch PvP to play the game, there is no PvE/PvP servers all servers, there is no Heros vs Villians, Alliance vs horde, Rift side A vs Rift side B (don't remember the faction names in Rift), all the playable races are not in an active war against the other playable races, there may be some turmoil between some races for lore reasons but they get along just fine despite past events in the lore. PvP is all contained within the WvW maps and the battleground type of maps, there is no way to PvP in the PvE world.

With that said, another fairly good MMO to try out if your looking for a good deal is The Secret World which switched from a P2P model to a fairly fair B2P with optional sub that for the most part is just to get cosmetic crap and a discount to buy cosmetic crap from the micro transaction store, but game play wise has no negative effect to not subbing. Its combat is average at best, but most the quests are amazingly good with almost no "collect 10 bear asses" or "kill 8,000 boars" quests, and the way the "leveling" is done is fairly interesting and doesn't feel laborious. Its currently 22.50 UDS (on sale direct from thesecretworld.com for 25% off) but normally 30 USD. Which would be about 17.50 EUR on sale or 23.40EUR regular price.

Either way both games are pretty fun, both you will get more then your moneys worth compaired to a single player "AAA" title cost/fun time ratio, and both have their strengths and weaknesses (GW2 having pretty fun combat but weak repetitive "questing" and the Secret World having merely average combat but fun unique questing)... I would say if you have the money pick up both and have a go, but if you can only afford one, then TSW will offer you a more unique experience and so probably more worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Considering no one knows what they're for, could be for nothing. Also I did do some but got no coins. Also, I only need 1 life. I'm a pro.
    Aren't they for that mini-game in the asura capital?

Deleted
    I played WoW for 3 years and I hated the PvP there so I thought I'd hate it in GW2 aswell, and I was wrong, turns out I love it. Now I can't guarantee you'll like it but you just might be surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Imagine yourself hitting max level, then never logging back in.
    This.

I wanted to play this for years. Great pvp they said.

I did hit 80, left few days later. 3-4 months since last login.

Theres no reason to log in now I completed the game

Jump Puzzles which if you don't cheat are insanely brilliant and fun. Character Story. Quest, quest and more quests.

Deleted
    PvE, mini-games, questing, trading, leveling etc.. the normal things in a MMORPG

I have just been doing PvE since I started playing, havent touched PvP at all. having a blast going around all the zones, doing skill battles, fighting veterans, doing events either solo or in groups.

the main thing to remember is that you NEVER outlevel any zone. because you are automatically downlevelled so the content is still relevent, it is always worth doing. it isnt like WoW (for example) where being just a couple of levels above a zone completely trivialises it.

once i have finished all that, I may have a go at PvP to see what its about. or i might level another class (did elementalist to start with) just to see how they all play.

its FUN. which is something i had forgotten should be part of an MMO.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I have just been doing PvE since I started playing, havent touched PvP at all. having a blast going around all the zones, doing skill battles, fighting veterans, doing events either solo or in groups.

the main thing to remember is that you NEVER outlevel any zone. because you are automatically downlevelled so the content is still relevent, it is always worth doing. it isnt like WoW (for example) where being just a couple of levels above a zone completely trivialises it.

once i have finished all that, I may have a go at PvP to see what its about. or i might level another class (did elementalist to start with) just to see how they all play.

its FUN. which is something i had forgotten should be part of an MMO.
    Well it does become slightly easier to do lower level zones because even in your down leveled state you're 2-3 levels above the NPCs. That said it doesn't make bigger fights too trivial and you can still die for not being careful.

guild wars 2, imo, fills a niche pve role. its not like your WoW and offers PVE content that some may or may not enjoy. unfortunately it did not work for me but im sure other people can enjoy GW2 PVE. the jumping puzzles are very enjoyable and can take up a lot of time if you are into that. id say of all the mmos ive played, gw2 has the most breath taking and rewarding scenery! I still love gw2 even tho i do not play it anymore