Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

A little over one month until the moment of truth

So, q1 2013 conference call drawing nearer (first 2 weeks of may most likely) how significant of a loss it is going to be sub wise?

I predict 1.2m lost subs and the player base back to 8.5m-9m.

Love speculations.

>.< I don't , it's actually quite saddening to see so many of these threads, it's like people are just waiting so they can say *told you so* and gloat that either Blizz are awesome and gaining subs, or losing subs, and then the ones that come in and heavily defend either side. It's tiring, can't we just have some peace and quiet on the whole WoW is dying/ No it's not debate threads for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    >.< I don't , it's actually quite saddening to see so many of these threads, it's like people are just waiting so they can say *told you so* and gloat that either Blizz are awesome and gaining subs, or losing subs, and then the ones that come in and heavily defend either side. It's tiring, can't we just have some peace and quiet on the whole WoW is dying/ No it's not debate threads for a while?
    Everyone is dying, from the moment you are born life is just counting days till you are dead so no point in worrying about it. Little sneery kiddies will stay little sneery kiddies till they drop dead, no point in paying them any attention at all. They will not care, if they had any real friends they would not be posting pointless threads in here.

And ones who love to speculate - well, you can always speculate that they speculate because they will be virgins until they are in their 40s lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it helps your estimates I've unsubbed .
    Tbh I expect pretty minor losses which tbh I think are just down to the fact the game is old. For the most part the contents been pretty good. Raiding seems to be okay. Quick and constant content patches.

If it does drop by 1.2m - what do you think that means? Does it mean that 9m is their norm? Does it mean that they will continue to drop below that level? Does it mean that the game really is old, and people are finding other things to do? Does it mean that people hate dinosaurs?

Just curious as to what sub numbers mean to people.

For me - it doesn't mean anything since we have no real information as to the reason for sub number changes. Everything is 100% speculation. It could just be noise in the data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    "I'm not a consumer! I'm totally not a consumer! I want to be more than a consumer! I.. I am, a, um.. a stockmarket speculist! Yeah! And NOT a consumer, you guys!"
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    So, q1 2013 conference call drawing nearer (first 2 weeks of may most likely) how significant of a loss it is going to be sub wise?

I predict 1.2m lost subs and the player base back to 8.5m-9m.

Love speculations.
    Why would you start this now. Are you trying to incite a war between the two halves of
    The community?

This should be locked.

Also, do sub matters actually matter?

It's not like I or anyone else who likes the game can argue against people who dislike it and the subs drop.

Because the fact is, the major reason the game is losing subs, is due it's age.

Not LFR.

Not dailies.

Not pandas.

Age.

But no one accepts that, nor listens to it, so they make their own reason to justify their hate for the game no Longer being what they want it to be.

And that sickens me about the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    guys could you.... GET OVER IT! when the times come WoW will die, may it be tomorrow or in 50 years! but stop with these things >.>

Deleted
    Oh look it's another one of those threads

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the staying power of WoW is proven everytime someone pops in to predict millions of losses, states they are not playing the game, but they still bother to visit WoW forums and make comments on the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Why make such a big deal about it? I don't see why it matters if they lose or gain subs, as long as you enjoy the game.

I care about this just enough to post in this thread to say I don't care.

WoW isn't dying unless 9.9 million people unsubbed this quarter and Blizzard says they're closing the doors.

WoW fans and WoW haters have nothing objective to prove to eachother. GG.

Deleted
    I suspect that the subs will indeed have gone down. I do not know why though. It just feels like my server and everywhere really is sooo empty.
    And honestly I have not seen the game/content in a better state than now. The new content is AMAZING. You never feel bored unless you want to. There is so much to do. The fast content patches and everything.

I hope they won't have lost subs but I doubt it. The game deserves to grow after two amazing patches like this, however I am not seeing that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get the obsession with this, especially since it's a month off.

If it was a week, fine, but a month. Really? Is this all that drives your life?

Subs don't matter as long as YOU enjoy the game personally. I'm betting the OP doesn't even play WoW.

It's adorable how people think sub numbers mean anything to us. They don't. They're almost entirely irrelevant.

All we need to know is that Blizzard will keep trying their best to make a good game. It's up to them to decide how to make that good game, and up to us to decide if we agree with them (thus decide to keep playing or quit). At no point do sub numbers come into this for the players. Ever.

Not like this will stop these threads, but hey.

WoW has a strong core fanbase, it will never "die".

I do expect to see a decline in subs however. The merging of realms in TW today and the drop in popularity in KR attest to that.

http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/blog/1751949/
    http://mmopage.com/news/most-popular-games-in-korea
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    I predict no subs lost. The game is as enjoyable as TBC for me now; Throne is superb, the amount of stuff to do is just right and the balance of dailies is good; should have been like this when the expac launched. The only criticism I have is that I'm not able to level any more alts; After completing my fourth I just do not want to do the same 5 zones again. More variety/paths through the zones would have been nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what they lose or gain. It doesn't affect me in game. My realm is going strong. Jeeze, this game has millions of people. Some new MMOs are lucky to keep a million. these threads should be locked and burnt right away.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WAY too early to speculate on that.

Though my gut says MoP will end at 9 million or less.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)