Hardcast Pyroblast?

Random question. I've been playing around with my mage a little, and I was wondering if, in the unlikely scenario that you don't get a Pyroblast! proc before your current Pyroblast DoT has ended, is it theoretically worth it to hardcast a Pyroblast? It's initial damage plus its DoT has higher DPCT than a single Fireball. But what about real world application?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Random question. I've been playing around with my mage a little, and I was wondering if, in the unlikely scenario that you don't get a Pyroblast! proc before your current Pyroblast DoT has ended, is it theoretically worth it to hardcast a Pyroblast? It's initial damage plus its DoT has higher DPCT than a single Fireball. But what about real world application?
    IIRC you're supposed to, but with all the crit gear in ToT, it's almost impossible for this to happen. I know you can get INCREDIBLY unlucky, but still. This is also why we do a pre-pull cast of Pyroblast with the tank to start with a solid 18s of it.

Anyone who's still doing T14 as progression at this point really doesn't need to care about their DPS, so in either scenario, you won't ever see it. Since you only need ONE Crit as of MoP to get a Hot Streak (assuming your IB isn't on cooldown), it's near impossible unless you have shit for Crit.

TL;DR: Yes.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-08 at 08:51 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

At 2 ticks of the dot, Pyroblast is better DPET (DPET=DPCT) than Fireball.

This does apply quite often when multidot on fights you cannot Inferno Blast spread.