Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Spoiler] 5.3 Legendary

As of Wraithons audio files, the next legendary part is a cloak.
    I've seen the datamined celestialbacks and Wraithon says we can agument it with his powers.

I'm losing hope for a legendary weapon in 5.4

What do you think about the proving grounds/Wraithons challenge mash-up reward thingy? (:

They already said we will be getting a legendary weapon in 5.4.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They already said we will be getting a legendary weapon in 5.4.
    I've been trying to look for a blue on that, but haven't had any succsess

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    I've been trying to look for a blue on that, but haven't had any succsess
    I believe it was on Twitter.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Leg weapon confirmed? I'd like to read more about that! Can you help me find the source? I'm hopeless around twitter. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    What do you think about the proving grounds/Wraithons challenge mash-up reward thingy? (:
    Honestly, the fact that we end up with an iLvL 600 cloak is good enough for me. Plus side is, they are not exactly ugly, so xmog might not even be a requirement. Looking forward to getting mine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is turning into some kinda legendary sugerdaddy ... Nothing good will come of it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins View Post
    Honestly, the fact that we end up with an iLvL 600 cloak is good enough for me. Plus side is, they are not exactly ugly, so xmog might not even be a requirement. Looking forward to getting mine.
    Not to mention the cloaks give THREE secondary stats instead of the normal two.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Not to mention the cloaks give THREE secondary stats instead of the normal two.
    Exactly. I know folks were hoping for weapons, but this way EVERY class has a shot at a reward from the questline. The only way I could see legendaries working in the future would be to select 3 types 2H Sword, 2H Mace, or Staff/Polearm and making that the "class specific" reward item. Most previous legendaries were very specific to the type of class which could wield it.

Deleted
    Hopefully they are quite hard to acquire, in my opinion a legendary item everybody has doesn't seem very legendary at all.

How does a cloak in 5.3 lessen hope for a weapon in 5.4? They're not going to give us the good reward until the end. At least this time it's not a gem!

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Hopefully they are quite hard to acquire, in my opinion a legendary item everybody has doesn't seem very legendary at all.
    Well since you have to go through 5 patches of quest chains to get to the end of this one, collecting sigils, 6k valor grind, 20 secrets of the empire/whatever comes after that, whatever 5.3 brings AND what is sure to take a lot of time in 5.4 to actually get/upgrade the thing, I'd say it won't be too easy to get unlesss you've been keeping up all expansion.

Deleted
    But it is easy, all you have to do is everything what you said which isn't 'hard' at all, just involves running LFR every week and hoping the sigils drop or capping valor every week which isn't hard either.

And running BT every week isn't hard either, if something is easy or hard is relative to your opinion, not based around fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

sigils have increased drop rate, valor grind is going down to 3k and ToT will get nerfed once 5.3 comes out. considering there will be no raid content in 5.3 I have low hopes for triplestat cloaks to be actually RARE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    I don't think it's an actual legendary quality. Just an epic cloak, albeit with 3 secondary stats and a whooping ilvl 600. The main stat alone on that is crazy.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    sigils have increased drop rate, valor grind is going down to 3k and ToT will get nerfed once 5.3 comes out. considering there will be no raid content in 5.3 I have low hopes for triplestat cloaks to be actually RARE.
    when did they nerf it down to 3k? on live its still 6k!

I think a legendary that rewards personal time and investment, instead of group time and investment, or RNG, is a better way to do legendaries. Because you think them to be easy, doesn't mean much. At the end of the day, barely anyone is going to have them. Just the dedicated raiders/LFRers, which is a minority in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    when did they nerf it down to 3k? on live its still 6k!
    Probably a misunderstanding from an interview with Ghostcrawler:

And then in the 5.1 extension of the legendary quest, the 6000 Valor was just a little too much, it was kinda intimidating. I think in retrospect it probably would have felt better at 2000 or 300 valor.
    So he kinda regrets the 6k grind, but he said nothing about any upcoming change to the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Probably a misunderstanding from an interview with Ghostcrawler:

So he kinda regrets the 6k grind, but he said nothing about any upcoming change to the grind.

I kinda hope they do reduce it to 3k; make it more manageable for alts. Or maybe once you get the 6k valor you can do it on alts for a reduced cost.

EDIT: I did the grind on my warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    And running BT every week isn't hard either, if something is easy or hard is relative to your opinion, not based around fact.
    Yes but not everyone could run BT every week back in TBC, i'm not talking about any legendary item i'm talking about ones appropriate to your level. A level 90 with glaives is about a thousand times less impressive than a level 70 with glaives back in TBC. And successfully clearing BT every week in TBC was much harder than what is required this time round.