Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    about how long does it take to go from 85-90? i have several alts and would like to go from 85-90 on all of them but not if it takes like a month per character.
    Cata grind at launch x2
    Bane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then you do not have to do them.
    is there a way to progress if i dont do the dailies? is that what lfr is now?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Yes, LFR is a way to progress in gear. Some claim it's not a efficient way to get gear, my experience says otherwise so Idk what to believe.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Still seems like a lot of people are downlplaying it, but dailies are a GIGANTIC portion of MoP content. They spent a ton of dev time setting each zone up to be a daily quest hub.

Can you progress into LFR w/o dailies? Sure, just be willing to spend a ton of time grinding heroics, spending a ton of gold on the AH or doing a lot of PvP. I came back in MoP at 5.1 and leveled pretty fast, I found myself completely road blocked from getting the ilvl to LFR w/o finishing some daily rep grinds as I hate PvP and was unwilling to spend 10k per piece of gear on the AH.

W/o dailies, you wont be getting any rep mounts, certain profession patterns, etc.
    w/o dailies, you have an extremely slow rep grind.
    W/o dailies, 90% of valor gear is off limits to you.
    w/o dailies, several chunks of the story is off limits to you.
    w/o dailies, you have a tougher time getting lesser charms to accumulate extra LFR/Raid rolls.

Once you go through the initial story lines, pretty much every new MoP zone is designed as a daily quest hub. Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Isle of Thunder are two zones that have very little besides dailies in them. These zones were solely designed as huge daily hubs.

People can candy coat it all they want, but, truthfully, mop is dailies.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-03-29 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post

*snip*

w/o dailies, you have a tougher time getting lesser charms to accumulate extra LFR/Raid rolls.

*snip*
    I recently dinged 90 with my shammy. "Had" to grind Klaxxi rep to exalted to get HC dungeon level weapons for him. Instead of the month of dailies it took around MoP launch, all it needed was for me to clear the zone from quests. And kill few warscouts/warbringers what drops the rep insignias(1k'ish rep to faction X, more if you bought the bonus rep item at revered). Not to mention the first of the day dungeon/scenario rep. So there is an alternative way to grind rep now, and it's not that slow as you make it seem.

Also you can get the elder charms of good fortune for the older LFR's by going to the new daily island, maybe do few solo scenarios to be up to date with the zone, kill rares/loot the box to get the treasure trove key. Then do the solo scenario and stay in the first/second room looting the boxes the whole time. This thing netted me 11 elder charms. More than enough for my weekly LFR needs.
    Last edited by mmocba08ea396d; 2013-03-29 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still seems like a lot of people are downlplaying it, but dailies are a GIGANTIC portion of MoP content. They spent a ton of dev time setting each zone up to be a daily quest hub.

Can you progress into LFR w/o dailies? Sure, just be willing to spend a ton of time grinding heroics, spending a ton of gold on the AH or doing a lot of PvP. I came back in MoP at 5.1 and leveled pretty fast, I found myself completely road blocked from getting the ilvl to LFR w/o finishing some daily rep grinds as I hate PvP and was unwilling to spend 10k per piece of gear on the AH.

W/o dailies, you wont be getting any rep mounts, certain profession patterns, etc.

Once you go through the initial story lines, pretty much every new MoP zone is designed as a daily quest hub. Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Isle of Thunder are two zones that have very little besides dailies in them. These zones were solely designed as huge daily hubs.

Hey, did you know that there's a rare/elite mob on the boat near Isle of Giants that drops a crapton of rep tokens that give 1k rep to each faction? Did you also know that this mob re-spawns approximately every 30 minutes? A hell of a lot faster than dailies.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    I recently dinged 90 with my shammy. "Had" to grind Klaxxi rep to exalted to get HC dungeon level weapons for him. Instead of the month of dailies it took around MoP launch, all it needed was for me to clear the zone from quests. And kill few warscouts/warbringers what drops the rep insignias(1k'ish rep to faction X, more if you bought the bonus rep item at revered). Not to mention the first of the day dungeon/scenario rep. So there is an alternative way to grind rep now, and it's not that slow as you make it seem.

Also you can get the elder charms of good fortune for the older LFR's by going to the new daily island, maybe do few solo scenarios to be up to date with the zone, kill rares/loot the box to get the treasure trove key. Then do the solo scenario and stay in the first/second room looting the boxes the whole time. This thing netted me 11 elder charms. More than enough for my weekly LFR needs.
    To add onto that, you can actually down the same boss multiple times in the week and still use up your charms to get however many bonus rolls you want. You won't get the initial loot, but the bonus rolls will always have a chance to give you a drop provided that you have the charm.

Also, many people overlook this, but I'd recommend getting exalted with the tillers. The work orders you get once you own the farm are pretty nice for extra rep with whatever faction you need it with.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2013-03-29 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Hey, did you know that there's a rare/elite mob on the boat near Isle of Giants that drops a crapton of rep tokens that give 1k rep to each faction? Did you also know that this mob re-spawns approximately every 30 minutes? A hell of a lot faster than dailies.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 03:32 AM ----------

To add onto that, you can actually down the same boss multiple times in the week and still use up your charms to get however many bonus rolls you want. You won't get the initial loot, but the bonus rolls will always have a chance to give you a drop provided that you have the charm.

Also, many people overlook this, but I'd recommend getting exalted with the tillers. The work orders you get once you own the farm are pretty nice for extra rep with whatever faction you need it with.
    I'm not saying there's not alternate ways to do things, but the OP asked specifically about dailies and dailies have been MoPs main focus since day 1. As an example, the latest patch, 5.2, aside from the raid, is nothing but a giant daily quest hub. 5.0 and 5.1 were hugely centered around the daily grind to get valor gear and what-not. Just trying to give him a different, honest perspective. Am I a little biased against dailies? Sure, simply because the expansion is so overwhelmingly centered around them as content. And, if he truly detests dailies, it's my opinion that this expansion probably won't be very enjoyable for him because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. i absolutely detest dailies. i flat out refuse to do them. from what i have heard it is the main way to progress your character past blue gear other than lfr.
    if i remember as well it is the only way to get high level recipes(575-600) correct?
    2.i would like to know if intellect is capped at level 90 i think it is but im not sure.
    3.so i heard scenarios are the new extra dungeons im not sure how these work exactly.
    4. i am the type of person that while not antisocial finds most of the attitudes in wow difficult to put up with and thus am very hesitant to run dungeons as im not concerned with being at the top of my game to speak but i do the basic stuff like gem and enchant.
    5. basically what im asking is what else did mists change from cataclysm in a couple paragraphs or less.(besides the talent tree changes.)
    i really want to buy mists and try out the new content but i cant bring myself to spend 40$ for it does anyone know when it will or if it will go on sale for 20$ again? (i know they had a promotion awhile back with it being only 20$.)
    6.i also would like to know from any other warlocks/priests(or people who play warlocks at 90) what raids it is possible to solo as a decently geared 90 priest/warlock with decent skillset in your experience? as i find the idea of soloing old raids at 90 exciting enough to consider buying it.
    7. how hard are professions to level up to 600 this time around? in cataclysm all the professions save for blacksmithing and jewelcrafting felt like a seperate insane grind all by themselves to level to 525.
    I haven't played a lot of MoP. (I didn't find it personally appealing after getting to 90.) With that disclaimer, here's my two cents:

1. From what I understand, dailies are by far the fastest and most efficient way to gear up for raiding. There are alternative though.

2. I don't think so - your mention is the first I've heard of intellect being capped.

3. Scenarios are basically easy, instanced group quests, if you remember those from Wrath or earlier. There are now apparently Heroic Scenarios which provide valor points.

4. Find a guild with people you like to run with. Otherwise LFD becomes a nightmare this late into the expansion, in my experience.

5. Mists felt like it had a better, more coherent story than Cata. The zones looked better in terms of both graphics and overall design. A lot of the time, it felt like MoP was shooting for a balance between some of the better parts of classic/bc-style play and that of more recent xpacs. Gearing a character up is more work than it was in Wrath or Cata. PvP isn't working at all well in my opinion. (I understand they're making some effort to change that.) Questing still reminded me heavily of Cata.

6. A decently geared lock played well can solo everything up to and including ICC. (Maybe Heroic ICC?) Priests are going to be a little less able that that.

7. Profs were laughably easy to max. Specific recipes may require dailies.

Personally, I wish I hadn't bought it. Among other things, I dislike MoP's approach to questing, found some zones and races to be overly silly (not Pandaren), hated the new talent system with a passion, didn't like what I saw about the 'gating' and daily log-on mentality encouraged by daily quests, saw way too many bots, found the instances stupidly easy, and found the grind to get geared enough to matter in pvp to be intimidating (yes, bought full pvp gear off the AH at 90, it didn't help). While there was a lot of good work, it did still sometimes feel like Blizz was cutting corners.

All that being said, MoP isn't a bad game in many ways - just different enough from classic WoW that it wasn't fun for me. I do think they pushed the Skinner-box model a little hard though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying there's not alternate ways to do things, but the OP asked specifically about dailies and dailies have been MoPs main focus since day 1. As an example, the latest patch, 5.2, aside from the raid, is nothing but a giant daily quest hub. 5.0 and 5.1 were hugely centered around the daily grind to get valor gear and what-not. Just trying to give him a different, honest perspective. Am I a little biased against dailies? Sure, simply because the expansion is so overwhelmingly centered around them as content. And, if he truly detests dailies, it's my opinion that this expansion probably won't be very enjoyable for him because of this.
    While I agree that in 5.0 dailies definitely felt mandatory, Blizzard's taken steps around it since then. If you or the OP truly detest them so much, you aren't required to do them anymore. If you take away the dailies, this xpac still has more content than Cataclysm, and we're only on the second major content patch.

1. i absolutely detest dailies. i flat out refuse to do them. from what i have heard it is the main way to progress your character past blue gear other than lfr.
    if i remember as well it is the only way to get high level recipes(575-600) correct?
    2.i would like to know if intellect is capped at level 90 i think it is but im not sure.
    3.so i heard scenarios are the new extra dungeons im not sure how these work exactly.
    4. i am the type of person that while not antisocial finds most of the attitudes in wow difficult to put up with and thus am very hesitant to run dungeons as im not concerned with being at the top of my game to speak but i do the basic stuff like gem and enchant.
    5. basically what im asking is what else did mists change from cataclysm in a couple paragraphs or less.(besides the talent tree changes.)
    i really want to buy mists and try out the new content but i cant bring myself to spend 40$ for it does anyone know when it will or if it will go on sale for 20$ again? (i know they had a promotion awhile back with it being only 20$.)
    6.i also would like to know from any other warlocks/priests(or people who play warlocks at 90) what raids it is possible to solo as a decently geared 90 priest/warlock with decent skillset in your experience? as i find the idea of soloing old raids at 90 exciting enough to consider buying it.
    7. how hard are professions to level up to 600 this time around? in cataclysm all the professions save for blacksmithing and jewelcrafting felt like a seperate insane grind all by themselves to level to 525.
    1. you can grind rare zandalari mobs for 1100 rep each token, 100% and 300% drop rate on them, no dailies req.
    2. all casters are capped at 300,000 mana.
    3. scenario are easy 3man dungeons no need for specific specs.
    4. hc dungeons are hilariously easy, my ilvl 518 ele shaman can solo them....blood dk would fall asleep doing them wipes are near impossible.
    5. no idea about blizz offers.
    6. my ele shaman can solo ulduar 25 cept yogg, i'm damn sure a warlock and priest can, also 3manned lk 25 hc.
    7. professions are really really easy this time around you can do blacksmithing like 560-600 crafting the same green items, same for LW and tailoring, my lvl 80 has 600 blacksmith, my 80 has 600 leatherworking my 85 has 600 tailoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies are not required by any means, they are, however, recommended, but you can go through LFR and start raiding without doing dailies, however your gear progress might be slower since you cannot get the rep gear.

I didn't do any dailies 5.0->5.1 and was still doing heroic raiding for the first 3 raids, so they won't cockblock you if you don't do them.

LFD wise, it is just silence usually. You can do Scenarios as well (3 man dungeons essentially) that are faster. However there are rarely any assholes or nice people in LFD, it is just quiet.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

All except the charm

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Dailies are not required by any means, they are, however, recommended, but you can go through LFR and start raiding without doing dailies, however your gear progress might be slower since you cannot get the rep gear.

I didn't do any dailies 5.0->5.1 and was still doing heroic raiding for the first 3 raids, so they won't cockblock you if you don't do them.

LFD wise, it is just silence usually. You can do Scenarios as well (3 man dungeons essentially) that are faster. However there are rarely any assholes or nice people in LFD, it is just quiet.
    Unless your in a guild what you states about "5.0->5.1" is water down, if you are not in a guild it can take you close to 1-2 months of casual Heroic Farming (unless you hardcore Heroics, then depends on RNG: My main took me 3 weeks of Heoic (10 day, because the RNG sucks)) to get Raid finder ready (without dailys) not to mention how much wasted Valor you would have because you are cap.

Deleted
    1. It's not mandatory but it helps (LFR)
    2. int is not capped, mana is (300k, 345k for monks)
    3. It's like a dungeon but with more story and objectives, it requires 3 players, you can find plenty of YT vids about these.
    4. There are barely annoying people.
    5. scenarios, dungeons, OP classes, 2 new bgs, monks, etc etc etc
    6. wotlk might be possible, cata is a no.
    7. still long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    While I agree that in 5.0 dailies definitely felt mandatory, Blizzard's taken steps around it since then. If you or the OP truly detest them so much, you aren't required to do them anymore. If you take away the dailies, this xpac still has more content than Cataclysm, and we're only on the second major content patch.
    That's fine, but trying to say they aren't a huge focus of this expac is simply wrong.

And, speaking of the "second major content patch," aside from the raid, it was nothing but another giant daily quest hub which only further illustrates how daily-focused MoP was and still is.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-03-29 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    I did grind the launch dailies mindlessly bit over an month with my priest. And after that quickly followed a burnout break. Im pretty sure that the Golden Lotus dailies melted part of my brain. xD

I talked with a friend while back about the 5.2, and we both agreed that 5.2 should have been the MoP launch patch. With the alternative ways to grind rep etc. Things feel much less mandatory now.

The same friend hasn't done any other dailies than the new island, and even then we team up on them so clearing them all takes like 20min, and we are griding his regular panda rep up with the Warbringers/scouts. Seems to be quick and painless with extra chance on a mount. :P

what i mean about wow attitudes is the really selfish behavior i see in lfd. it really turns me off to doing dungeons and stuff.i.e. the your not doing good enough dps so we'll kick and berate you instead of trying to improve you
    You're the selfish one. Why would you waste other peoples time and EXPECT them to teach you? There are tons of material online which you can browse and learn from. People like you are the reason LFD/LFR sucks.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    We dont need more people like you in WoW so please just stay away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Just watch videos of it on youtube and base the judgement for yourself. Or just do a simple search of keywords like "is MoP worth it".
    Or just click the X on your PC if you don't want to read this thread. Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    As a class without a pet I've found Patchwerk to be the blocker, unless you're a tank or a class with a pet you won't be able to take his hits.

it IS possible, but you can't stand still and cast, you have to use some skill ... which is part of the fun of soloing content.

My wife and I tried to enjoy Mists twice; but it wasn't for us. Some love it. You really have to either try it for yourself, or not. It is a personal feeling you get about the game. If you are tight on money, save the $40 for something else ... if that isn't much money to you, and your willing to piss away $60 (you need to buy time too, tax), then go for it ... you will only be out the 55/60 bucks, and will be able to be done with the game until the itch next xpac, done for good, or love the hell out of it and enjoy the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post

it IS possible, but you can't stand still and cast, you have to use some skill ... which is part of the fun of soloing content.
    That is an old video. I solo Patchwerk every week on my priest and his damage is negligible.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)