Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    No they werent all streamers or "famous" gamers, they were playing DH's and Wizards or in full premade groups. The world first solo kill was 4 days after release as was Methods world first group kill. After the first two weeks there were a lot of diablo kills, solo and group, most of which never streamed, dont have youtube channels etc etc.

Where do you think all the higher end items on the AH even came from in the first place. It wasnt all from the 10-12 "well known" streamers, It was from the small portion of the player base that was farming act 3 and 4 after Azmodan or Diablo kills. This was only two weeks into the game.
    After the first 2 weeks.. you don't say? I killed him around 3 weeks after release. There is a massive difference between "1 week" and "after 2 weeks". After 3 weeks loads of people were killing it, what does this have to do with week 1 kills and people claiming they beat it in that timeframe with no AH or no freebies? without anything to back it up?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I wonder if they'll actually do something about it or not. Best case scenario is if they remove it entirely, not sure what can replace its place that isn't just as destructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2euphoric4me View Post
    I wonder if they'll actually do something about it or not. Best case scenario is if they remove it entirely, not sure what can replace its place that isn't just as destructive.
    Nothing can replace the AH. The only thing possible is to make self-found gear better than what you can get on AH and/or bind it once you fool around with it (e.g. rerolling an affix as mystic).
    But wanting to simply get rid of AH is silly, as the alternative (trade channels and forums) is 1000x more stupid.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    No they werent all streamers or "famous" gamers, they were playing DH's and Wizards or in full premade groups. The world first solo kill was 4 days after release as was Methods world first group kill. After the first two weeks there were a lot of diablo kills, solo and group, most of which never streamed, dont have youtube channels etc etc.

Where do you think all the higher end items on the AH even came from in the first place. It wasnt all from the 10-12 "well known" streamers, It was from the small portion of the player base that was farming act 3 and 4 after Azmodan or Diablo kills. This was only two weeks into the game.
    Basically you agree with everything we've all be saying. I find it ironic that we're all talking about people having to use the AH to get gear to move on and clear inferno, and you're trying to make it seem like something else.

Just so you're aware. All first kills that came from wizards came from them using unstable anomaly. Because you know having 2k HP killing daiblo because you can keep your self topped off and he can't get a killing blow on you because the talent was broken is a legit kill and all. Oh they also changed it shortly there after FYI.

As for lots of people farming ACT 3, if by farming you mean wearing gold find and running around opening resplendent chests then yes a bunch of people were farming ACT 3. So much so that they took away chests being affected by gold find.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    After the first 2 weeks.. you don't say? I killed him around 3 weeks after release. There is a massive difference between "1 week" and "after 2 weeks". After 3 weeks loads of people were killing it, what does this have to do with week 1 kills and people claiming they beat it in that timeframe with no AH or no freebies? without anything to back it up?
    Because it didnt take being a streamer to get first week kills is what I said. Two weeks into the game me and a lot of people I knew had already been farming act 3 and 4 and loading the AH with items you probably bought. Thats what I was saying.
    The simple version is, if you played a DH or Wiz and wasnt horrible at it, you got the kill solo quit easily in the first week. Everyone else was fucked or had to be in a group to get it. It wasnt just streamers doing it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Basically you agree with everything we've all be saying. I find it ironic that we're all talking about people having to use the AH to get gear to move on and clear inferno, and you're trying to make it seem like something else.

Just so you're aware. All first kills that came from wizards came from them using unstable anomaly. Because you know having 2k HP killing daiblo because you can keep your self topped off and he can't get a killing blow on you because the talent was broken is a legit kill and all. Oh they also changed it shortly there after FYI.

As for lots of people farming ACT 3, if by farming you mean wearing gold find and running around opening resplendent chests then yes a bunch of people were farming ACT 3. So much so that they took away chests being affected by gold find.
    The only thing I was adding is that it wasnt just "streamers" getting first week kills like they were claiming. I know how the farming went, I did chest runs as well but Tyreal bridge and ghost farming was much easier at times.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2013-08-23 at 06:05 PM.