level 70, ato V, hell and inferno

Hi all,

I have a doubt about how will it work ?
    Two months ago I could handle all atos in inferno with mp10.

We will need to get new items to fight in ato V in inferno mode, with ilevel 70.

I think if I back to play in inferno after xpac I will not handle inferno anymore, right ?
    I will need to go to ato V in hell and do everything, get more level and XP, then I will back to inferno ato 1, and so on.

Does anyone know how it will work ?

ato? Dafuq is ato? Did I miss an abbreviation change or is that something completely new?

Same way you did in diablo 2.

Was there even a level cap in diablo 2 before LoD? God its been so long I can't even remember.

No there was not. Yes you will probably need to regear. Rares for sure, they might scale up some uniques and set items though.

10+ Year Old Account
    ato= act maybe? idk

It'll be along the lines of re-gearing since stats will scale down as you level up.

I think it will be no problem - the patch with 2.0 loot will be available before the actual expansion comes out.

You'll have time to get new lvl 60 gear so you'll be prepared for the new act 5.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think it will be no problem - the patch with 2.0 loot will be available before the actual expansion comes out.

You'll have time to get new lvl 60 gear so you'll be prepared for the new act 5.
    Okay, so we'll get new gear at level 60 to dive straight into act V, but what about the leveling? In D3 you had to be level 60 + decently geared before you started on Inferno. So how is that going to work with the new expansion? Will we be leveling in Act V Inferno, while tackelling this new content on the highest level? Cause that would seem kinda stupid. How can it possibly be challenging if we're not at max level yet?

On the other hand I'm not looking forward to starting the new expansion leveling to level 70 in previous acts either. So what's the solution to this, I wonder? Or which of the 2 bad solutions has Blizzard chosen to go with, if anything is known about that allready?

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    ato= act maybe? idk

It'll be along the lines of re-gearing since stats will scale down as you level up.
    Yes it is, ato = act.
    Sorry about this mistake, I wrote in my first language, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Okay, so we'll get new gear at level 60 to dive straight into act V, but what about the leveling? In D3 you had to be level 60 + decently geared before you started on Inferno. So how is that going to work with the new expansion? Will we be leveling in Act V Inferno, while tackelling this new content on the highest level? Cause that would seem kinda stupid. How can it possibly be challenging if we're not at max level yet?

On the other hand I'm not looking forward to starting the new expansion leveling to level 70 in previous acts either. So what's the solution to this, I wonder? Or which of the 2 bad solutions has Blizzard chosen to go with, if anything is known about that allready?
    Thanks xskarma, this is exatcly what I tried to say.
    I have no idea how they will fix it.

For me all inferno should be made by 63 to 70, and in pre xpac we will not be able to handle inferno anymore, only who has 1000 paragons and so on, and after the xpac releases we can go to inferno.
    Then before we can handle act V on inferno we need to do all act 1, 2, 3, 4 on inferno.

But I know, there are some people who doesn't know this kind of 'solution'.

Gratz for Josh, IMO give a new level cap is a good idea, to clean this sucks economy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Same way you did in diablo 2.

Was there even a level cap in diablo 2 before LoD? God its been so long I can't even remember.
    Diablo 2 didn't increase the level cap when the expansion was released, that's a big difference. The cap was 99 in D2, and it was still 99 in D2:LoD.
    Besides, you had to be about lvl 60 or 70 to beat Hell difficulty, so all those extra levels were only meant to increase your damage a bit, it didn't affect the difficulty of the game as the monsters didn't increase in power anymore.

I think what will happen in Diablo 3 is that the game will get retuned for lvl 70, meaning that Inferno difficulty will be meant for players lvl 70 with decent gear. Because only at the highest level do people feel restricted if they can only farm one Act. Just like how Inferno is meant for lvl 60 with decent gear and you can play all the Acts without any big difference in difficulty and loot, so will the expansion's Inferno be tuned likewise for lvl 70.

Also, considering that after completing Normal Act 4 you'll go to Act 5 and get better gear to tackle Nightmare Act 1 than you do currently, it seems only logical that everything gets retuned for the expansion.

Now, as for the question the OP has. When the new changes are implemented in a big patch but before RoS is released, will it still be possible to do Inferno as a lvl 60 character? I think so, but only when you have very good gear and you lower the MP level drastically.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant remember it, but i think in D2:LoD you could not continue your D2 Charakter. Maybe you have to start a new charakter but your Paragon-level will remain?!
    In D2:LoD you can still choose if you want to play a classic Character or a LoD-Character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baerendude View Post
    i cant remember it, but i think in D2:LoD you could not continue your D2 Charakter. Maybe you have to start a new charakter but your Paragon-level will remain?!
    You had a "Convert to expansion" button, afaik.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I can only imagine that it'll be treated like a WoW expansion. In other words, you won't be doing inferno (max level content) until you are level 70 and geared in level 68+ gear.

You'll probably be able to start Act V at Hell difficulty, but I definitely don't see Inferno opening up until level 70.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I can only imagine that it'll be treated like a WoW expansion. In other words, you won't be doing inferno (max level content) until you are level 70 and geared in level 68+ gear.

You'll probably be able to start Act V at Hell difficulty, but I definitely don't see Inferno opening up until level 70.
    It make sense.
    In the pre xpac we will be able to handle hell, problably only who has 500 paragons and a decent gear, will be able to go to inferno.

I hope this xpac fix the game.