Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Killing Durumu 10m nhc

Hey people,
    just had our first evening of wipes at Durumu. Enrage killed us, what is a quite obvious sign for the lack of damage. Just wanted to ask how many of you play him with only two healers, cause currently our options are go down to two healers or whip the damagedealers to do their job better. Also, does anyone have some neat little tricks for a bit more of damage or healing?
    Oh, Durumu healed himself for 70 mio hp in our 10% try. Seems a bit much. Perhaps there is room for improvement. How much heal would be acceptable?

Thx in advance.

Life drain should be intercepted as much as possible (2-3 stacks MAX) and that should help with enrage timers. I've heard people two healing the fight, so I guess its doable. As long as the colorblind phase is done quickly. Having pally to reduce the bleed damage on tanks (hand of purity) before they're full hp should help as well.
    My group 3 healed the fight, but we had a few heroic pieces from last tier that may have helped with our gear/enrage timer. (we weren't even close to it though)

I'd suggest trying to push dps a bit harder on the boss while making sure that boss doesnt get too much life drain.

As far as I know, it doesn't matter how much health you lose, its just the number of stacks that is proportional to how much the boss is healed.
    ex) dispersion to 'soak' life drain to 7-8 stacks will still heal the boss as much as just plain sitting in 7-8 stacks.
    So clear stacks as often as possible

70 m sounds like a LOT. thats about 20% of his health on 10m (right?)
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-03-28 at 11:37 PM.

How does the boss heal 70 million o_O. You must have had one person eat Life Drain the whole time. Instead you need to have each person eat like 2-3 seconds, then the next person rotates and the previous person moves out to avoid getting gibbed by a follow-up Force of Will.

The boss healed himself for 25% of his hp. Fix that and you'd have a kill witout changing anything else.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can always solo tank it if you have a prot pala, or have a holy+ret that can bop the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    What is nhc? Normal hardcore?
    normal mode.
    @op
    there's really no need for you to be 3 healing this fight anyway

It should be easy enough to 2 heal (our healers just DPS most of the time even with 2), but you're doing something really wrong with life drain for him to heal that much.

Tips:
    • Life drain heals him for the damage done, so use immunities and defensives when soaking; set up a rotation if you have to (but it has to be flexible for drains during Light Spectrum)
    • Only take 2-3 stacks
    • If you have a hunter, wind walker, or warrior, have them throw mortal wounds on the boss for every drain

Also, in what world does nhc = normal mode?
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-03-29 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It should be easy enough to 2 heal (our healers just DPS most of the time even with 2), but you're doing something really wrong with life drain for him to heal that much.

Tips:
    • Life drain heals him for the damage done, so use immunities and defensives when soaking; set up a rotation if you have to (but it has to be flexible for drains during Light Spectrum)
    • Only take 2-3 stacks
    • If you have a hunter, wind walker, or warrior, have them throw mortal wounds on the boss for every drain

Also, in what world does nhc = normal mode?
    It means non-heroic. Not that hard to figure out.

if nhc mean Durumu Normal you shioud try 1 tank 2 heal tactik if you got any Pala in you raid BoP Remove Dot from tanks and boss can be tanked by 1 tank then

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the advice. 70 mio really seems a bit high. Sadly we had no logs for that raid, so I´ll have to ask around if someone else threw an eye on that. The Mortal Strikes thingy is GOLDEN, also is the advice with 1 tank. We happen to have 2 Paladins, so that won´t be a problem. So, I now have heard two things. Does Lifedrain heal for the damage done or for the stacks on the drained target? If the first, Dispersion and stuff alike would help. If the latter, it would make no difference. Whats true?

Oh, and nhc= non-heroic, thou i liked "normal hardcore". Truly a bit weird. I meant normalmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumast View Post
    It means non-heroic. Not that hard to figure out.
    What's the C for? Non-heroic... core?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    What's the C for? Non-heroic... core?
    hc is the general shorthand way to write heroic, so it's just more recognisable than nh i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    You can easily 2 tank 3 heal. You just need to leap-frog the life drain beam so everyone is only taking 2-3 ticks max. You don't need to 2 heal if you think its too sketchy, and you don't need to solo tank either. Just prevent the boss from healing up 25% and you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. 70 mio really seems a bit high. Sadly we had no logs for that raid, so I´ll have to ask around if someone else threw an eye on that. The Mortal Strikes thingy is GOLDEN, also is the advice with 1 tank. We happen to have 2 Paladins, so that won´t be a problem. So, I now have heard two things. Does Lifedrain heal for the damage done or for the stacks on the drained target? If the first, Dispersion and stuff alike would help. If the latter, it would make no difference. Whats true?
    The stacks increase the damage the target takes. Life drain heals for the damage it does. Defensives and immunities work; I soak with Cloak of Shadows on my rogue and Deterrence on my hunter and the boss gets 0 health back.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The stacks increase the damage the target takes. Life drain heals for the damage it does. Defensives and immunities work; I soak with Cloak of Shadows on my rogue and Deterrence on my hunter and the boss gets 0 health back.
    To add on to this: if it targets a class that cannot do this, you have to have people alternate to take the hit as it gets progressively bigger each hit.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

n=normal
    nm=normal
    h=heroic
    hc=heroic
    nhc=some combination that most see 'hc' and recognize as a heroic with an 'n' and are stumped.

Durumu is easier to kill earlier in the fight. He doesn't begin to cast Life Drain for some time, so the more damage you are able to do to him before this is even a factor, the better. Lusting at the start, everyone has their CDs available and very little is happening during the fight. Light Spectrum phases is a good way to increase your damage on the boss. His Deathbeam is on a timer relative to the start of the spectrum phase, the quicker and more efficiently you clean up the Spectrum phase the more time you will have to sit still and dps the boss once again.

Death Beam phase, not every class has the ability to lose 0 damage while moving, but everyone can dps while moving. Try to do as much damage to the boss during his death beam and you'll be setting yourself up for a kill.

Mortal Strike on the boss during Life Drains, as well as immunities/severe damage reductions to help the most with this. If none are available just be quick with rotations.

You can try solo tanking it, and you should only need 2 healers, most things that kill on this boss in normal aren't really healing issues. Light Spectrum will try your healers the most, you mentioned you have 2 paladins, make use of Devotion Aura to make it easier when stacks are higher.

Lack of a geared Protection Paladin is why we are stuck on Heroic Durumu. When 16/17 Heroic 10m guilds that downed it used 1 Prot paladin tank (I suspect the other also used it but the view raid is broken) its a problem.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

We were getting a little close on the enrage timer ourselves, thought we'd end up wiping beforehand. We had our prot. pally solo tank and were 1 1/2 - 2 min ahead of the enrage when getting him close to dead. Maybe our healers suck but in the third spectrum phase the raid is taking alot of damage from beams, we couldn't imagine sacrificing a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Lack of a geared Protection Paladin is why we are stuck on Heroic Durumu. When 16/17 Heroic 10m guilds that downed it used 1 Prot paladin tank (I suspect the other also used it but the view raid is broken) its a problem.
    Genshin... Haven't seen you since Cata. /wave