Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendanzy View Post
    So ~8% of the people STILL play it on a daily basis, despite the fact it "failed"?

Yes you are supposed to be impressed.
    I find it odd that other people's opinion of the game have an effect on your opinion of the game.

Game didn't impress me in the least, nothing but dissapointment to be honest with you, and it doesn't matter if everyone in the world disagreed with me, it doesn't change my opinion lol.

1million? I thought it'd be less than that. I played it a few months...got the gist of it, and stopped playing. No real reason to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    For a lot of people, it is. Diablo 3 isn't an MMO that's supposed to last years and years, it's a single-story game. If Diablo 3 lasted you more than 50 hours, that's above average in todays games.
    Then they're playing the wrong genre of game. Diablo has always, ALWAYS, been about the gear-farming and not the story.

I would suggest these figures are roughly about 10 times that of Diablo 2's player base a year after it launched. In fact, make that 2-3 years after release.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-03-29 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Then they're playing the wrong genre of game. Diablo has always, ALWAYS, been about the gear-farming and not the story.
    Well apparently those who LIKE Diablo 3 still play it massively.

1 million EACH day!

3 million unique accounts EACH month!

Do you even have an idea what 3 million players even means...

And all this almost a full year after Diablo 3 launched. That's 25 % of its buyers who play the game after a full year.

Well dear mod: you got owned BIG time, as everyone who follows these forums can see you actually dislike a game you moderate.

diablo 2 had 6 million, so diablo 3 is 1/6th the game d2 was, sounds about right tbh, i played d2 at least 6 times as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    diablo 2 had 6 million, so diablo 3 is 1/6th the game d2 was, sounds about right tbh, i played d2 at least 6 times as much.
    Ridiculous statement, as the 3 million per month and 1 million per day are ACTUAL ACTIVE players in D3 not sale numbers.

Btw a retention rate of 25% after a year is great for any video game.

Actually, it shows people who like D3, play it and continue to do it.

3 million is a massive number. Period.

Most games after one year are hardly touched by a few %.

D3 keeps you playing. Certainly in hardcore mode.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I actually re installed the game this week for shits and giggles to finish the rest of Act 3 on Inferno, I never died once >.>. The only thing the game had going for it was how difficult it was at the start now its a walk in the park.

Try turning up the MP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Oh dear, someone else applying the MMO mindset to Diablo 3.

1) A million players per day is a success no matter which way you want to look at it.

2) Comparing total sales to the amount of people playing every day is fail. Did you expect that everyone who bought the game would continue to play it every single day, indefinitely? People buy games, complete them, and move on. The remainder who play long term are the minority.

3) Comparing a hack and slash game to an MMORPG? lol
    Oh, bother. I knew someone would hate on me for "comparing" it to WoW, which I barely did. Shocked how only one person did though. Maybe others got the hint from my post? :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Ridiculous statement, as the 3 million per month and 1 million per day are ACTUAL ACTIVE players in D3 not sale numbers.

lol. Blizz is proud of how many bots they got still playing their game. Have fun with that "benbos" Diablo 3 is the game you truly deserve.

Unlike to companies, numbers don't mean everything to fans.

The reason 90% of the forums think Diablo 3 was a failed/bad game, was because they actually played it with an open mind.... as opposed to people who played it only because it was a blizzard game and refuse to believe any blizzard game is bad.

I am sure some people do enjoy Diablo 3 more than D2 or PoE or other games, but the game was not that good for most of us.... especially after you killed inferno diablo (which took like 2-3 weeks when the game launched) and realize there is nothing to do in the game but farm, and it is more efficient to farm solo than it is with friends, which also kills the game.

There are probably thousands of players who log in every week just to check their auctions on the RMAH.... and I am sure that was included in that 1 million active players... and as others have pointed out, there is no telling how many of those are bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Try turning up the MP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 07:33 PM ----------

Oh, bother. I knew someone would hate on me for "comparing" it to WoW, which I barely did. Shocked how only one person did though. Maybe others got the hint from my post? :P
    I wasn't hating on you. I think my post came across harsher than I meant it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hmm.

12 million copies sold... and guess how many of those people wanted to return the game for a refund? A lot. Back within the first couple months, there were so many folks on here saying they wanted to return the game (and some actually pulled it off) that that should say something.
    Wrote the bolded and underlined part badly initially, edited.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good number of reoccuring players. Sorry for all the people that seem to be taking as a personal butthurt that people play Diablo 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So only ~8% of people who bought the game are still playing it?

Am i supposed to be impressed?
    3,000,000 per month unique is 25% more or less of what was sold. After a year? Yeah, you should be impressed. It's how I play, once or twice a week. 25% is relatively decent retention for a game like this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post

lol. Blizz is proud of how many bots they got still playing their game. Have fun with that "benbos" Diablo 3 is the game you truly deserve.
    Now that's just plain funny hahahahahah

Deleted
    I would think 1m players daily is pretty impressive.

However D3 'failed' in so far as it couldn't persuade many hardcore D1 & D2 fans such as myself buying most of Blizzard games to touch D3.
    I refuse to play solo games while being forced to stay online and not have the opportunity to play when I don't have a connection.
    I couldn't find the D1/D2 ambiance in D3. Graphically and especially musically it's another game.
    It isn't a better game than D1/D2 really despite years to evolve the gameplay.

Also D1/D2 players still played the games years after release, not sure this will happens with D3 and not sure servers will still be there.

I'm sure many players will disagree but that's how I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    3,000,000 per month unique is 25% more or less of what was sold. After a year? Yeah, you should be impressed. It's how I play, once or twice a week. 25% is relatively decent retention for a game like this.
    1 million daily is that ~8% number, though.
    "A flower.

And how many of those are just AH bots? Or have you not noticed how few public games are there at given time? Right now, on EU, there are maybe 3-4 thousands at inferno quests, most of them farming third act. And we have prime time, holiday evening. Sure, there are some private games and shit, but I wouldnt be surprised if 90% of those 1 million "players" are just AH speculators and bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only with a Blizzard game would 1 million people be considered a failure.

And I am quite convinced many people return after a few months. Diablo 3 is a typical game you play if you are in the mood.

Hardcore D3 is simply superb and the 25% shows fans keep playing.

As to that ridiculous bot accusation. LoL. Bots can't even be seen in private/public games in D 3. It's the only way out for the Blizzard haters. And these troll haters lost BIG time with these numbers of millions of D3 players.