Deleted

need a new headset

hey guys,

i need a new headset and i'm looking for recommendations from gamers.

Right now i'm using Steel Series v2. It's *really* comfortable, has a easy to reach mic on/off switch and the mic is easily movable. BUT the sound quality and more importantly, the mic quality, is mediocre at best. i think mine is starting to short-circuit, so i need a new one.

what i'm looking for:
    - comfort: this is super important to me. it has to be very comfortable because i sometimes don't take my headset off for 8-9 hours of straight raiding.
    - mic quality: very important too. i hear sennheiser mics are very good. i only know the steelseries wasn't very good (quiet, noisy).
    - price: shouldn't be more than 100€
    - sound quality: honestly doesn't matter that much too me. at least, compared to mic quality.

any recommendations from fellow raiders?

thanks a lot,
    zora

Deleted
    Only thing I can think of is the G35, but others will say to take headphones with a clip on mic, which could be good too, I don't know, never tried.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a pair of Sennheiser HD558s, but these are a bit above your price range, but I have to say they are the best pair of headphones I have ever owned and well worth the $180.

My friend has pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and it sounds great as well.

As for the mic, a lot of people get the Zalman clip on mic...it's ~$10 and is pretty good. I'm not a fan of clip on anything so I went another route and bought a detachable boom mic from AntLion. It's called the ModMic, but it's around ~$35.

Oh, going to toss this in here too, but don't ever buy from Astro. Their customer service is practically non existent and won't answer your e-mails for support or refunds.

Deleted
    Takstar HI 2050 + Samson Go Mic Clip On USB Microphone = £65/€77

One of the best headphones you can buy in that price range, they compare to many much higher price options. As for the mic you can listen to the video in the comments.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sennheiser HD558s is a nice choice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Takstar HI 2050 + Samson Go Mic Clip On USB Microphone = £65/€77

One of the best headphones you can buy in that price range, they compare to many much higher price options. As for the mic you can listen to the video in the comments.
    that sounds really interesting. but where would i put the microphone in this case? can i "clip" it to the headphones or do i have to put it on the desk in front of me or what?

P.S.: The 558 isn't really an option for me as I don't want to spend ~170€ right now. at least not, if it doesn't have a microphone integrated already.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2013-03-29 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted
    in most clip on cases you can just apply it to the side earpiece (i got my dual headset option before that stuff was even in the works so i'm stuck with it for now lol)

personally i love my HD215 from senheiser for listening to music even after almost 8years it still sounds crisp clear like the day i bought it altho there is alot of wear and tear on it by now only thing that ever broke down on it (was like 6months ago) was the cable of it but sennheiser has replacements for those so it's a simple cable swap and that only occured after nearly daily usage over a hell of alot of time XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zora View Post
    that sounds really interesting. but where would i put the microphone in this case? can i "clip" it to the headphones or do i have to put it on the desk in front of me or what?
    On the table or somewhere it can clip onto, a stand etc. Look at the picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    I have a pair of Sennheiser HD558s, but these are a bit above your price range, but I have to say they are the best pair of headphones I have ever owned and well worth the $180.

My friend has pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and it sounds great as well.

As for the mic, a lot of people get the Zalman clip on mic...it's ~$10 and is pretty good. I'm not a fan of clip on anything so I went another route and bought a detachable boom mic from AntLion. It's called the ModMic, but it's around ~$35.

Oh, going to toss this in here too, but don't ever buy from Astro. Their customer service is practically non existent and won't answer your e-mails for support or refunds.
    Quote Originally Posted by huicun View Post
    Sennheiser HD558s is a nice choice
    Went from a Logitech G35 to Sennheiser HD 558's and to be honest, you can't even compare quality. If you can I'd save up a bit more for a pair of these bad boys, they are more than worth it.