Page 1 of 2
LastLast

warrior pvp change

Posted by mmo-c

Disarm reduced duration replaced with a new Set bonus, now decreases damage taken by 10% in battle stance.

Unwavering sentinel no longer has the 10% dmg reduction for protection defensive stance. It is now being baseline again, 25%.

These are from mmo-c so not finalised I'm assuming.

Warrior ( Forums, Talent Calculator )
    Defensive Stance now decreases damage taken by 25%, up from
    15%.
    Protection
    Unwavering Sentinel no longer increases the damage reduction of
    Defensive Stance by 10%.

Item Set Bonuses
    Disarm Duration Reduction no longer reduces the duration of
    disarms. Now decreases damage taken while in Battle Stance by
    10%.
    Resilience 800 Increases PvP (was resilience by 1,000.) (now Power by 1,000.)
    Last edited by pkm; 2013-03-29 at 06:13 AM.

I'm not sure how much of a dps loss losing dancing steel is but I think the overall addition of defense to battle stance will be a very nice addition. I think its also important to note that while the addition of pvp power will help with overall damage some, I think that other classes maybe getting similar changes. Also I think these changes might grow quite a bit to increase the likely hood of pvp gear being better than pve gear. I think more set bonuses might be in order, like adding a nice 8 piece set bonus to discourage the use of pve armor piece for their extra high stats.

well pve items will be scaled down in anyting but world pvp. and they might need to add in a bit of extra baseline res or lower they pvp power dmg. but we will see at the end.

Deleted
    Ismell again crying in forums about warrior survivalbility

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Posted by mmo-c

Resilience 800 Increases PvP (was resilience by 1,000.) (now Power by 1,000.)

if this bit only happens to warrior then they can get the 2.2k weapon chain now for 400 pvp power and 200 resi.

that means they lose dancing steel, but gain 1400 passive pvp power and 200 resi , still keep the disarm effect from the chain AND take 10% less in Bstance.

I wish they'd just make up their mind on d stance. i don't play a warrior but it looks like a roller coaster for you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like fury pvp buffs
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

now that they made warriors who sit in battle stance end up rage starved and are significantly less affective then this change is good for "temporary def stance when being focused".
    no way can a warrior sit in def stance and be effective anymore after the 5.2 changes.
    however the battle stance damage reduction change is exactly what warriors need at the current state of the game. excellent change.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think losing the -% disarm reduction is dumb,but the buff to battle stance is nice.what SHOULD be done is simply leave the disarm reduction in place on the sets bons. and UN-NERF battle stance and just add a flat 10% damage reduction on battle stance LIKE IT WAS.

Deleted
    Other classes also have to enchant -50% disarm, instead of just getting the best offensive enchant. They put them in line with the rest with this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Other classes also have to enchant -50% disarm, instead of just getting the best offensive enchant. They put them in line with the rest with this change.
    They also get -15% damage taken at all times without taking a penalty and a set bonus on top of that. So ill take -15 on battle and a new set bonus! If we are going by what other classes get!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I suppose at least I'll be able to survive slightly longer. Won't do too much, but once again I won't leave Defensive Stance. Playing Warrior this patch (And Alliance in general) makes me want to cry.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The 10% on Battle is all I feel we ever needed;

The nerfs we got this patch felt just fine and to be honest; I feel more comfortable playing my warrior now than last patch.
    (Although that may be because I'm now getting arena experience - I was restricted to RBG's last patch and it's a different game.)

I'm completely fine with the disarm duration being removed because Bladestorm is now viable; You cannot disarm it.
    I've been using that against teams that run either a rogue or a class that can disarm just to counter that in my burst - So it's no sweat off my back.

I'm extremely excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    The 10% on Battle is all I feel we ever needed;

The nerfs we got this patch felt just fine and to be honest; I feel more comfortable playing my warrior now than last patch.
    (Although that may be because I'm now getting arena experience - I was restricted to RBG's last patch and it's a different game.)

I'm completely fine with the disarm duration being removed because Bladestorm is now viable; You cannot disarm it.
    I've been using that against teams that run either a rogue or a class that can disarm just to counter that in my burst - So it's no sweat off my back.

I'm extremely excited.
    I kinda need my Overpower down to 5 rage please. Next to that I'd be good. Thanks blizzard.

Deleted
    5.2 playstyle is just horrible... I stopped playing my warry. Compared to DK's/Hunter our DMG is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz015 View Post
    I kinda need my Overpower down to 5 rage please. Next to that I'd be good. Thanks blizzard.
    Same, rage-starved warr is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I've only been rage starved twice and that's because I decided to not pool rage before going nuts.

You're either sitting in Defensive Stance (Big no no.) or popping CD's without doing any build up.
    Learn to stance dance and you'll be swimming in rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess warriors needed that. But what about the other specs that take full damage. There a lot of specs that still take full damage. Is it ok for them to die in a deep freeze?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I guess warriors needed that. But what about the other specs that take full damage. There a lot of specs that still take full damage. Is it ok for them to die in a deep freeze?
    do you think its other specs or more mages themselves? maybe blizz should actually nerf them and not change it to a buff.

Deleted
    Passive dmg reduction in one of the offensive stance? no i dont think is good
    overall dmg should be nerfed

Rogue are dying in one stun
    Enhancement too
    feral too
    dunno about monk tbh
    Dk sitting in blood presence is retarded