Poll: Did you enjoy fighting Kanrethad?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Im not sure you understood him or i am understanding your response, but he died due to the 7min tick, he basicly died with a 7min debuff of doom still on him as the duration was 14minutes.

You got it yuyuli, Due to me portal hopping, he casted doom twice causing it to stack to 14 minutes But it ticked at 7 minutes. This threw me off my game, i didnt expect it to tick at 7 when it said it had 14 minutes left

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I enjoyed that fight and it was such a rush killing him, but I felt like I was fighting the UI more than the boss.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    uhh listen..that devalues the entire warlock community bub. Let her get her own green fire, unless you don't think she can? And if she can't, she shouldn't.
    Seriously, don't.
    like, at all.
    I know...it SEEMS innocent, but green fire is a measure of skill at this point. It's a calling card that says 'hey, I can totally follow the mechanics' Don't fuck that up for us please. Besides, when you do it for her, you are sending her the message that she isn't capable.

OT: He's tough, with a bit of luck either going for you or against. It's a bitch to do, but it feels really good when you get it.
    Seriously?

It's cool to tell other people to practice, learn the fight, and succeed if they want their green fire, but if the dude wants to help his GF, so what?

It doesn't hurt the community. Just your sensitive ego because some one out their has it easier than you did.

On topic: Still havn't gotten it. The second felhound phase is killer.

I've played this game since launch and it is one of the first times I have ever felt truly challenged while playing alone. I made sure not to look at any guides, any videos, read any info and just go in for it, and what a wipefest it was. Was such a satisfying feeling actually killing it after a few hours. Definitely hoping for some similar love for other classes in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I enjoyed that fight and it was such a rush killing him, but I felt like I was fighting the UI more than the boss.
    I'd totally agree with that. >.<

It was a neat boss, but the sheer amount of stuff you had to use made it feel like half the fight was to do with wrestling WoW's UI.
    If we get more solo bosses like this in the future I'd prefer there to be less gimmicky ability usage and more standard mechanics, so you can keep your attention on the fight rather than on where you've put all your unique new macros.

Both. I hate the fight because it was a pain in the ass, but loved the feeling I had when I finally killed him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    You got it yuyuli, Due to me portal hopping, he casted doom twice causing it to stack to 14 minutes But it ticked at 7 minutes. This threw me off my game, i didnt expect it to tick at 7 when it said it had 14 minutes left
    I've probably died a few times because of that as well kind of annoying.

Overall I liked the class quest and the fight against Ebonlocke but honestly it wasn't really that difficult. This fight is all about doing him for a few hours at least and just figuring out what to do and when to do it.

A example is that he starts to summon adds after his Cataclysm spell, so I usually start moving to the correct position right after he stands up. A second lesson I've learned is to use charge more often (since it leaves a debuff) and to make use of the debuff he gains, on one of my tries I got the boss to 20% but the issue was that I was on my 3e Doom guard. Afterwards I decided to use charge more often but then I had a few wipes because I couldn't interrupt his cataclysm spell (worst one was at 1%)

the part which I didn't like was that it was kind of short. It kind of feels like that we missed allot and that the story itself isn't finished yet.

I see all these people talking about 2% / 1% wipes, but for me the fight ended with him at 2% ... I'm guessing you folks mean x% away from the fight ending, rather than his health ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I loved him. I loved doing one strategy and failing miserably for like 4 hours. Then I did some research and changed my strategy (did more portal hopping to keep threat down) and BAM. 3 attempts later and he was down!
    First 2 fails were due to imps (like idk how I failed at imps they're the easiest phase).
    Then the last attempt went to shit when right at the end with like 10% left I accidentally Charge'd a Chaos Bolt instead of Cataclysm (pretty much my first Chaos Bolt so I was freaking out). I had no where to go and couldn't have mitigated Cataclysm, so I like rocket boosted away off the platform back to the door to outrange it, sprinted back in, hit literally every cooldown (imps were up and I was all I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOU) and Charge'd and just started wailing on him with Shadow Burn.

In that moment. It was either Kanrethad or me.

Lets just say draining him of Fel was the best damn feeling I've had in a long time about this game.

u can outrange the cataclysm? aw man

tried to get him down bevore he summoned the 2nd wave of felhounds this time, nEEd moar gear ^^
    but it's funny how mutch you can skip with 524 ilvl compared to 500 and a bit more practise on the boss :P nuke the green fire boss with greenfire weee
    but i gotta test the outrange of cataclysm would give me quite a dps push if i could use stun on cooldown

Deleted
    I actually started out by using the demonic portal to get around Cataclysm until i realised the Pit Lord was able to interrupt it

Mechanics wise it's not hard, it's the amount of abilities that you have to track that can overwhelm and cause more hair pulling.

Hated him while he was crushing my soul, loved it when I finally beat him. After the 100+ wipes and 3k+ repair costs, I never wanna do that again. EVER. It was the overwhelmingness (is that a word? lol) of the fight that made it so difficult. No thank you to seconds.

Deleted
    Uh oh,
    Im struggling with the exploding ghosts on that maze at the moment, sounds like im gonna have my work cut out, i've been sleepwalking through LFR for months now and this is gonna be one hell of a wake up call, I'll come back and let you know how I get on, I think I'll have to make some notes and macros and really plug at it for a bit.

I usually the guy in the raid or 5 man, that pulls the group out of the shit with quick thinking and i'm really apprehensive about this fight from what i've read , its gonna be a bastard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Uh oh,
    Im struggling with the exploding ghosts on that maze at the moment, sounds like im gonna have my work cut out, i've been sleepwalking through LFR for months now and this is gonna be one hell of a wake up call, I'll come back and let you know how I get on, I think I'll have to make some notes and macros and really plug at it for a bit.

I usually the guy in the raid or 5 man, that pulls the group out of the shit with quick thinking and i'm really apprehensive about this fight from what i've read , its gonna be a bastard!!
    Use eye of kilrogg for the maze, and mark the path with markers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Use eye of kilrogg for the maze, and mark the path with markers.
    Cheers I knew to use the eye, but didnt think of markers, do the ghosts spawn anyway or can my pet trigger them by touching the sides?

Your pet can trigger them too, yes. But the ghosts don't spawn if you don't hit the walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    My alt Warlock is sporting ilvl 451. I guess that's too low to kill him even if I play pretty well?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    My alt Warlock is sporting ilvl 451. I guess that's too low to kill him even if I play pretty well?
    Possibly. I find the fight to be more of an awareness check than anything else. The DPS check is phenomenally low if you use a purification potion (bringing the enrage timer to at least 14 minutes). If you can manage to execute the mechanics flawlessly it might be doable at that ilvl.

Just got it done, after like 25 attempts.
    Perfecting felhunter phases and using DG every time debuff wears off, make that fight manageable.