Poll: Did you enjoy fighting Kanrethad?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    My alt Warlock is sporting ilvl 451. I guess that's too low to kill him even if I play pretty well?
    It's doable but even the slightest mistake will likely get you killed... With that ilvl, I doubt pretty well is enough :/

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's doable but even the slightest mistake will likely get you killed... With that ilvl, I doubt pretty well is enough :/
    It was very close at several points with i496, so 451 is going to be difficult unless hes Asian(+100ilvl passive)

attempting to do this on my 495 alt lock seems impossible :S... so many things to keep manage of... rain of fire, immolate, dispell, avioding everything, dropping threat at all times, LoSing half of his moves, having to have to use half of your pets spells. such an annoyance. Anyone know how long it takes for him to summon all his imps too? I swear he'd be done the cast and they'd still be spawning 5 seconds afterwards
    Last edited by Clarke; 2013-04-07 at 07:33 PM.

Amazing fight. It was a pain but it was so much fun. It requires you to use many of the warlock abilities and it helps a lot making macros to help make the fight more fun. The soft enrage is a great way to give it your all. I understand a lot of peoples frustration with this fight due to its difficulty but I think that is what made it a fun fight.

I did this when my ilvl was a 497. It is manageable if done correctly under a 500 ilvl
    Last edited by Taedros; 2013-04-07 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    attempting to do this on my 495 alt lock seems impossible :S... so many things to keep manage of... rain of fire, immolate, dispell, avioding everything, dropping threat at all times, LoSing half of his moves, having to have to use half of your pets spells. such an annoyance. Anyone know how long it takes for him to summon all his imps too? I swear he'd be done the cast and they'd still be spawning 5 seconds afterwards
    Summon cast time is 10 seconds, 6 Imps per second, i just dropped RoFx2, Shadowfury, use felflame cleanse macro to remove debuffs and damage the Imps.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I'm fairly sure it works exactly how Mavett said, 6 a second x 10, if you're having trouble with them you can try moving backwards as they spawn, this encourages them to move further out from the portal and clump around Kanrethad which makes aoe'ing them easier, you can keep focused on him with the fire breath and FnB and just passively cleave them down at the same time as you kill him rather than him and the imps being 2 distinct camps.

As a side note I'd have loved to have had 495 gear when I did it, just based on my experience I'd say anything above 460-465 or so is when it becomes feasible for the average player to do, anything above that lets you make more mistakes without it necessarily being a wipe, I finished it at 470 I believe.

http://www.twitch.tv/rydium/c/2122838 was my kill for reference.
    Not Patham anymore, Ryzia/Rydium@Darkspear EU

Deleted
    I can't get past the felhunter phase, think they should nerf that atleast rest of the fight is fine. It is a great challenge and i have lots of fun doing it untill i wipe there xD Well i hope i get it next weekend

Deleted
    Now that I've downed him, I love the fight.

It's not that hard, it took me about 2 hours and a half to kill the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Patham View Post
    I'm fairly sure it works exactly how Mavett said, 6 a second x 10, if you're having trouble with them you can try moving backwards as they spawn, this encourages them to move further out from the portal and clump around Kanrethad which makes aoe'ing them easier, you can keep focused on him with the fire breath and FnB and just passively cleave them down at the same time as you kill him rather than him and the imps being 2 distinct camps.

As a side note I'd have loved to have had 495 gear when I did it, just based on my experience I'd say anything above 460-465 or so is when it becomes feasible for the average player to do, anything above that lets you make more mistakes without it necessarily being a wipe, I finished it at 470 I believe.

http://www.twitch.tv/rydium/c/2122838 was my kill for reference.
    Really if you can get him to the repeat imp phases your golden as far as enrage/kill timer is concerned.

@Clarke Something also important to remember is you really have to have either the glyph or stone that auto-uses your gate for you. I died about 30 times without it and after finally looking at a guide and trying that out I nailed it on my 2nd attempt. Also for imps its best to hold off on using the flame breath for as long as you can. Another little tip is the heal the pit lord has DOES cause threat so you have 2 ways to pull the imps off you. So it ends up looking like:
    Use your gate to make sure some imps are mad at pit lord
    Position yourself behind pit lord away from the gate and wait for imps while DPS'ing ebonlocke
    At about halfway through his channel I start AoE'ing Ebonlocke and use the Pitlord's heal
    Move forward and use Pitlord's flame breath to cleanse yourself
    Keep RoF up on any leftover imps and use embers to spam damage into Ebonlocke

Hope it helps, ended up finishing this at ilvl482 so at 495 you def have the stats to do it, you just gotta slow it down in your head.

I think it's hilarious that he is hard (and rightfully so), so EVERY warlock who goes in there JUST assume that its gonna be a rollover, then they realize that they can't just PEWPEWPEW.... I love this fight, and do it regularly for fun.

Deleted
    I personally think you should add: "Love him! One time is enough though" option. I very much enjoyed every moment of progressing on him (took me like 1.5h) however when you have done it one time it wouldn't be much of a challenge the next time and therefore I would not want to fight him again. I want my memory of that boss to be perserved just as it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I took your advice and went through all LFRs first (nolifed it up for a day) and got to ilvl 484. Having such a high ilvl made it really easy though. Took me 17 attempts in total, though I managed to die on attempt #13 at 2% because I forgot to dispel doom. >_<" Took it a lot slower and less DPS-hungry after that which also helped me remember to not get smacked by Chaos Bolts.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    imo, this fight isn't a gear check. I spent more time, setting my macros, adjusting my ui, and searching info on internet, then downing him (10-15 try). Is a difficult fight, not intended for all the warlock out there, or at least need some effort. I hate when something is challenging and people cry for "nerf".
    Anyone claiming "i did it in 10 to 15 tries is a liar end of.

Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    Anyone claiming "i did it in 10 to 15 tries is a liar end of.
    did it in less than hour of pulls with sub 500 gear. There is so much information about this fight in forums and videos that you just need to execute a good strategy and not figure one out by wiping a ton. LoS Chaos Bolt, Havoc+CB+Pit Lod Charge for felhunters, Charge + FnB Conflag for imps and you basically have kill after a dozen tries or so. Sure, without those tips you can easily spend days, but hey, the knowledge is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Use eye of kilrogg for the maze, and mark the path with markers.
    I used the eye of kilrogg glyph, and had it put down teleport circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    It was okay. IMO the hunter quest back in vanilla was much harder.
    Hmmm I do not agree with you at all since I've done both. I find that the warlock quest is a lot harder than the old Hunter bow/staff quest.

All you had to do with the hunter quest was kite the bosses (Run and Gun).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowone View Post
    Hmmm I do not agree with you at all since I've done both. I find that the warlock quest is a lot harder than the old Hunter bow/staff quest.

All you had to do with the hunter quest was kite the bosses (Run and Gun).
    Your response tells me without a shadow of a doubt that you did not do the hunter quest.

Only 1 boss was a kite only fight. Shit, one was a 100% melee fight. Also the quest starter dropped from the 2nd to last boss of a 40 man raid, not off a soloable rare. Also you can even buy the tome off the AH.

Sorry, but they don't compare in difficulty.

It's a good fight. It's hard, yes, but it's okay to have hard things.

I voted yes because I thought the fight was well designed: it expects perfect execution for a sustained duration, dealing with multiple different mechanics at once, and yet is not RNG in any way whatsoever. A mistake leads to death, so it's unforgiving - but it is not unfair.

No, I never want to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Your response tells me without a shadow of a doubt that you did not do the hunter quest.

Only 1 boss was a kite only fight. Shit, one was a 100% melee fight. Also the quest starter dropped from the 2nd to last boss of a 40 man raid, not off a soloable rare. Also you can even buy the tome off the AH.

Sorry, but they don't compare in difficulty.
    I did do it but anyways it wasn't hard to get the item from the chest in MC....hell we had one each week but that is RNG for you. I was not referring to how hard the item for the quest was to obtain I was referring to the fight it self...

So what you had to kill more than one boss each with different mechanics. Maybe you're a better Warlock than you were a Hunter????

I'm sticking to my opinion as the Hunter quest was a joke compared to the warlock quest.