Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Harassment in LFR..

So there I was trying to finish up my LFR ques for the week before reset at 3 in the morning....

Anyways, I told the group to report a player to be kicked and this shaman healer stops everything on the next boss to take the time to report me for harassment. The story...

The boss was Megaera and the first time we wiped was because somebody in the group got cinders and never moved thus creating a nice ring of fire in the clumped group. Well we regrouped and tried again, however, this time I noticed who did it. A warrior was just standing there after getting cinders and then proceeded to stand in the fire....the entire time. Once I noticed this I said to the rest of the raid he needs to get kicked. Multiple people agreed and he was kicked. Now...I am staring at this shaman who is supposedly writing a ticket that I was harassing other players and denying them loots, gold, and experience....

If this passes I just dont know.....

If someone says they're going to report you, 99% of the time they don't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Blizzard will look at logs, if you're innocent you're innocent.

Edit: How can you deny someone loot/gold/experience in an LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Bascially what Pebrocks said, its the internet, people love to blame people for useless stuff. Just brush it off.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Bascially what Pebrocks said, its the internet, people love to blame people for useless stuff. Just brush it off.
    I know, it just kinda makes me mad that people have that mindset. She was trying to argue in raid chat that I was the bad guy because LFR was designed for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check the sig. No single person can kick anyone from a DF/RF/BG group.

If you were doing/saying more colorful things, then you could get actioned. But kicking alone, no.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-03-29 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I know, it just kinda makes me mad that people have that mindset. She was trying to argue in raid chat that I was the bad guy because LFR was designed for everybody.

Just lol. That's the mentality of a real LFR hero. LFR is for everyone, even if that means having to wipe over and over, cause a few mentally challenged people don't listen or just decide to be afk. That shaman was most likely lying or really damn stupid, if he/she thought your actions would be considered harassment. My god the IQ on some people.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't worry about it, Danishgirl said it the best.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

This. People just say shit and do nothing.

As none of us were there we can't really say whether the Shaman was unreasonable or not however I do think it might have been better to explain to the warrior what they were doing wrong rather than insisting that he was kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Just lol. That's the mentality of a real LFR hero. LFR is for everyone, even if that means having to wipe over and over, cause a few mentally challenged people don't listen or just decide to be afk. That shaman was most likely lying or really damn stupid, if he/she thought your actions would be considered harassment. My god the IQ on some people.....
    Everybody makes mistakes, and everybody deserves a second chance.

Remember Wheaton's Law of Gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Everybody makes mistakes, and everybody deserves a second chance.

Remember Wheaton's Law of Gaming.
    People that purposefully stand afk in a fire do not deserve a second chance.

How do you know it was deliberate? He could have been lagging or he might not have seen the encounter before or he might not have DBM to warn him I have found that with the amount of spell effects that it can sometimes be difficult to see the bad stuff on the floor.

^^^^^ If I got actually reported as much as people threatened to report me, I probably wouldn't still have my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could have VERY easily been one of the numerous people that play WoW on sub-standard computers, has projected effects turned off, and simply did not see the fire. It could literally be any number of random things because, and this is difficult for some people to understand, not everybody plays with the same skill level, dedication or even the same environment as everyone else.

If you commit to an LFR, you are committing to assisting 24 other people in completing a series of challenges. It is not a magic loot bag (no matter how much it actually is) that you get simply for pressing the button to join the group. You have a responsibility to not be a generic douchebag and to help the raid finish the fights so you can go to bed, or whatever.

Just because a lot of people choose the douchebag route does not make it "Cool" or "Right" to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Blizzard will look at logs, if you're innocent you're innocent.

Edit: How can you deny someone loot/gold/experience in an LFR?
    Lol this statement is so funny, because I been harassing people in raid finder since it came out, and nothing has happen yet. Raid finder is so boring that harassing people is the fun part, I really enjoy doing it for no reason at all just because its the only way you communicate now in WoW, well besides trolling trade chat.

Its a bad thing to say but you really need to learn to just keep your head down, dont say anything and just do you job and leave in LFR

Its not worth hassle plus with the determination buff you will eventually down the boss not matter how bad the group is

Its frustrating i know but its either that or dont do lfr in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    How do you know it was deliberate? He could have been lagging or he might not have seen the encounter before or he might not have DBM to warn him I have found that with the amount of spell effects that it can sometimes be difficult to see the bad stuff on the floor.
    Have you ever done LFR? There's always, every single time, at least one person and usually more than one who's AFK the whole time. No healing, no damage done, they put somebody on /follow and expect free loot for that contribution.

Golden rule of LFR:
    NEVER EVER RUN LFR ON TUESDAYS, i experienced this last week and i swore for not having it done in the previous days, groups are just filled with retarded/underskilled players, tons of wipes, players quitting and endless wait times for new players (especially healers) to join...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2013-03-29 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Lol this statement is so funny, because I been harassing people in raid finder since it came out, and nothing has happen yet. Raid finder is so boring that harassing people is the fun part, I really enjoy doing it for no reason at all just because its the only way you communicate now in WoW, well besides trolling trade chat.
    And this is why the WoW community is the way it is.