Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me Outland has always been really quick, Northrend is usually where I hit the roadblock. I have probably 4 toons stuck in the level 70-75 range right now.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    The only reason I dislike outland is I've leveled through it so many times :/
    I love Netherstorm, Shadowmoon Valley mostly because I've only leveled through it about three times XD
    Nagrand is nice looking, but thats about all it has going for it.
    Hellfire is by far the worst zone to level in, again because almost every alt has had at least 20~ quests done there.
    If i could undo my experience of Outland and it was new to me, no doubt I would love it again :P

I think this is more a case of some people hate leveling through the same content over and over, added to the fact that WotLK, Cata(updated Classic), MoP all have better designed questing it becomes a tedious chore.

Deleted
    It's great as long as I can do every zone. But alas, the speed at which we level these days has killed that part.

I'm on my 11th toon going through Outlands right now. 63 warlock - my next lowest is 75.

It won't say I hate it, but I spend maybe an hour a week on my warlock (primarily because I'm valor capping 3 toons and doing farming on 8, on top of raiding with 2, LFRing on 3 and hunting rares, helping guildies, crafting... ugg.

But yeah, I'd rather just power through Outlands and never look back. I'd be overjoyed if Blizz granted us /80 on new alts. DAOC had that right, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by VoljinforWarchief View Post
    I'm with you. BC was the worst thing to ever happen to warcraft. now we get to hear all the rose colored glass wearers telling us how great is was every other day. nagrand was the only solid zone in outland.
    I disagree with you 1000%, and no rose colored glasses involved. The Burning Crusade was MY LIFE until Wrath came out. It was a part of me, and I was a part of it. I lived in Outland; I unplugged from the matrix every now and then to go to sleep or to work irl, but the Crusade never left my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    to me, cata was the worst of it, i do enjoy bc area thou

You can easily level to 68 by just spamming TBC dungeons, they're VERY fast and easy. But the start of Auchenai Crypts can be a pain when you accidently pull to many mobs

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    You can easily level to 68 by just spamming TBC dungeons, they're VERY fast and easy. But the start of Auchenai Crypts can be a pain when you accidently pull to many mobs
    Agreed. Dungeons are an easier method for some people.

I think it is all a grind but some of the story is ok panda story has been entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Go here Kill x amount of mobs
    Go there collected Y amount of items from the ground or mobs
    Go back over there Dig through Z Amount amount of shit for items.
    Did I describe outlands, Northrend, Pandaria, or Cataclysm zones ?

Stop moaning about one set of zones. Either moan about them all, or dont moan at all because in essence they are like every other quest from 1-90
    Did you descibe Wow, or rifts/DCU/Guid Wars II/Swtor/Champions Online/COH? The only game you didnt describe was FFXI which didnt have quests they just had 3 hours of 5 people killing purple crabs followed by 3 hours of killing goblins followed by 3 hours of killing yellow crabs. I'll take a single person killing x mobs and collecting Y items off the ground thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Outland is awesome (imo). Just because you don't like it for whatever reason doesn't mean it's bad.
    Outland is good.

That doesn't mean the questing process is perfect. It still has some classic WoW design with going back and forth for quests or going across the map. It needs some cleanup, even Blizzard has admitted that Outland would get a revamp and Northrend wouldn't because the latter is built fine.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...utland-update/

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I don't mind it, but I have a loooottt of TBC nostalgia. I tend to gloss over its flaws and focus on Outland's great scenery and my memories of it.
    This for me too My memories tend to make me enjoy when I hit Outland, although I am hardly there if I'm trying to level fast, but Hellfire till 64 then heading to Nagrand (my fav zone in the game) then It's off to Northrend where I don't like as much.

No, it's a -Myth- that you have to do Hellfire Peninsula every time you go to Outland at 58..you CAN head to Zangarmarsh skipping HFP entirely and start right then & there @ Cenarion Refuge/Swamprat Post, working your way after a few quests to Telredor/Zabra'jin/Orebor Harborage & Sporeggar.. This is in addition to all the world event & engineering/fishing/battle pet bonus Q's you may have access to..

Now, if you only just ding'd 58 & have no RAF bonus/heirlooms, then yea, you'll run out of quests b4 dinging the requisite 60 to be eligible for all the remaining Q's in Zangar. So you'll have to either Grind mobs a little, or Queue for PvP, or Queue for Dungeon, or hit Cenarion Post in westernmost Hellfire for some quick single-location questlines that are tied w/ Cenarion Refuge's, or alternatively, simply farm Winterspring/Blasted Lands/Silithus/Burning Steppes/Un'Goro quests until 59/60,
    and hit Zangar then.

When more than halfway through Lv61, you can then hop to Shattrath City & do the introductory A'dal & Arakkoa quests, along w/ the first basic one to kill those feathered mooks that requires 60, in contrast to all the other Terokkar Q's that require 62.
    Last edited by Planetarism; 2013-03-29 at 04:56 PM.
    >>> And then.. <<<

All I know is, is I think Outland is ugly, and I hate it when I get to it. It's an ugly, horrible, boring world, save for Nagrand. I thought it when BC was new. I think it now. I'm happiest when I hit Northrend and Pandaria, when making alts, or, as I call them "Snowy icey zone with awesome music" and "New pretty zone with awesome music".

It's not THAT bad but I prefer 1-60,70-80,80-85,85-90 a lot more. Hopefully they update Outland next expansion or so, but then again I also want Argus so I don't think they would do both at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontur View Post
    I do agree Nagrand is beautiful and relaxing, but Hellfire is just ughhhhhhhh
    This. I agree that outland is usually a road block with me, but Blizzard did REALLY nuke the EXP, and by a lot. It's not as bad as it was, that's for sure
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    80-90 is the worst. Absolutely hate it with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    80-90 is the worst. Absolutely hate it with a passion.
    This is how I feel. I don't have any problem with Outland/Northrend, but when you get to the Cataclysm zones and (especially) Pandaria I lose interest. 85-90 is the worst leveling experience I have had in any game ever. Even classic WoW leveling isn't as dull as this is. All of my alts die at 85.

I'm sure the 'quest on rails' theme will be applied to Outland soon enough, no worries.