10+ Year Old Account

Question Archaeology "farm"

Just a quick question.
    I want to dig up some of the Tol'vir artifacts. Will it be faster to do so by hunting the dig sites all over Kalimdor or turning in pandarian artifacts and buying fragments from lorewalkers?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fastest way to get the Tol'Vir fragment is to do the Mantid because Mantid is only in Townlong Steppes and Dread wastes.
    Just get a restored artifact and buy Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator. This item is needed to even see the Mantid Digsites!.

I wish you luck with getting the Tol'Vir stuff that you want =)

You can definately see Mantid sites even without that item. But good catch about those sites only being in Towlong/Dread Wastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    You can definately see Mantid sites even without that item. But good catch about those sites only being in Towlong/Dread Wastes.
    Yea, but the item guarantees EVERY digsite for 24 hours will be Mantid.

The only issue is the Feeding Pits. I DESPISE when I get the digsites there. You can't mount, and you get aggroed by like, 10 mobs including elites all the time.

Grim Batol all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Grim Batol all over again?
    Worse, since you can't even mount up to skip packs of mobs (In case of red signal when surveying)

10+ Year Old Account
    About that pit problem, I think you can relog or logout and come back in 5 mins or so in game and dig sites will change ( dont know if this is a bug , but i went ok with that while farming tol vir stuff).

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Just a quick question.
    I want to dig up some of the Tol'vir artifacts. Will it be faster to do so by hunting the dig sites all over Kalimdor or turning in pandarian artifacts and buying fragments from lorewalkers?
    Pandaria is probably the best choice. Because the continent is much smaller, and much of the time, dig sites being so close together, you can collect a ton of restored artifacts in no time. Then you can hand them in for Tol'vir crates.