Poll: Would you like this to happen?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you support another chance to get Benediction/Anathema?

Hello, fellow Priests!

I apologise if there is already a thread like this, but I haven't seen any recently, so...

With iconic items returning to professions, and Warlocks getting green fire... would it be fair for Priests to get another chance at getting the Epic Priest Staff of Classic Known as Benediction/Anathema for transmog purposes? The same could be said for the Hunter Bow which I cannot remember the name of. It seems to be a very divided argument, and I've decided to create a poll to see what the masses of MMO-champion think. What I've generally gathered is this;

Reasons for:

-Other iconic and until recently unobtainable items were introduced through professions. I haven't done this myself, so I'm not clear on the details - but the core idea of reclaiming old items is there.

-Is it fair that only people who happened to play pre-cata could get this? What if somebody took the world by storm and became a world-famous Priest Player, but only started playing in Cataclysm? How can post-Wrath players be not worthy of this when not given the chance?

-To be blunt, it looks beautiful for transmog!

-If the quest was available until Cata, then couldn't have anybody and their brother have gotten the staff easily at level 80? It's not like it was only obtainable as an incredibly difficult to get and iconic staff, like it was in classic.

-Some people have said that between Classic and present day, their account was hacked and they had to start over. How might they feel if they had Benethema in Classic, but were hacked in Cata and lost it? It would be SO frustrating to know you had something which isn't obtainable anymore, and have nothing to show for it.

Reasons against:

-It should remain as a trophy of those who played in the "Glory days" of WoW, and only for them.

-Everybody could be running around with the staff screaming "Durr" and it would lose it's novelty.

-People spent weeks pouring blood, sweat and priestly blessings into time getting this staff in Classic. Level 90's could get it in less than a day, which could upset classic players.

My Suggestion

If people still want it, but veterans want to keep it as a symbol of knowing how to play your class, then why can't Benethema be introduced as a reward to a very long, difficult questline? Like the green fire questline. It could still take skill to get, but it would be available.

EDIT: And as Synthaxx suggested, recolours of old weapons such as Benethema, the Hunter Bow, and the Corrupted Ashbringer would be great. Veterans with the original weapons would still have a unique model skins, and newer players (such as me!) would be able to get the weapon models, but in a different colour. In theory, everybody would win!

PS:

I didn't play in Classic, or TBC, or early Wrath. I began in 3.2. I only made my Priest when Cata hit, so I never got the chance to get Benethema. I respect the fact it's an icon of status now, that it proves you played the game in it's early days or around Wrath at the latest, but I would jump at the chance to get the staff!
    Last edited by mmoccd0ef7e6a0; 2013-03-29 at 05:27 PM.

I support the concept of re-introducing Benediction, Rhok'delar, and an additional epic insane/classic-looking-xmog weapon for every class other than perhaps warlock (they just got Codex of Xerrath Q..) ..

...at the condition of them being rewarded by Q's that are even more difficult than beating Kan'rethad in the Warlock Green Fire quests.

Why? Two things, because I think the rareness/vanity of a vintage item has genuine value, and because you definitely don't want every joe & his mother to be running around w/ these xmog's, since because they are so perfect/classic/beautiful, they would eclipse most other choices, rendering the entire item re-implementation a pointless exercise as the items' rare models would be much more commonly seen.

In addition, what I'd really go crazy over is if they'd be kind enough to give 2 as reward for the questlines, or a choice between 2 : the first one a 496-516 item for 90's, the second one a BoA Class-Restricted Level 60-Required ilvl 150-185 Epic. Preferably w/ sockets
    >>> And then.. <<<

I'd do this quest in a heartbeat.

I think it should remain for the priests who did it when it was intended to be done. Too much of things now a day is just a free for all. Preserve some of the game imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Absolutely not, I earned that staff on my priest and it was epic fun doing it. Its not like I want to exclude people from that fun as well but a trophy should stay as a trophy. And not a handout that you get for participating.

Blizzard needs to stop re introducing old items from the era of design when players actually liked the look of weapons, and instead, learn to design weapons that look amazingly cool with their updated graphics. We shouldnt be sitting here saying "oh god I really want that epic staff from 6 years ago", we should be excited and pumped for the new wave of asian inspired weaponry. But were not, instead we all transmogging to sets that were designed during wows golden age, (vanilla to bc).

I really want the lvl 60 pvp set for hunters, yet I didnt earn that shit when it was current so Im not entitled to xmog my gear to it.

You might disagree, but its not good when all your players are looking to the past to be inspired instead of looking to the future.
    You didn't actually read the OP, did you? He's suggesting it as a reward from a long and difficult questchain, not some ''handout that you get for participating''.

Looking at Kanrethad, he's easily one of the most difficult soloing challenges available (excluding soloing raids), harder than the solo part of the Dragonwrath questchain (the part in the nexus), and harder or on par with the original Benediction/Anathema quest. (never did that quest when it was around, so wouldn't know)

And who are you to decide what weapon designs people have to like? Newer weapons might be so super amazing and awesome looking, but if someone prefers to have Benediction/Anathema or any other older weapon model over those, then there isn't really much that's gonna change that, because it's all down to personal opinion/taste.

As for the topic, I wouldn't mind seeing Blizzard doing stuff like this, as long as it's from a long and difficult questchain.
    If, as mentioned earlier, it's on par with Kanrethad. (or even harder) (Though, I doubt I'd ever get it, considering I don't have a priest at max lvl)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have one, but it's a shame new priests can't experience the Stratholme west gate event. Shit was hard even at level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'd welcome it back on a few conditions;
    - It's slightly recoloured, in much the same way the Amani Battle Bear was. It was recoloured enough to be able to tell the difference even from a distance.
    - Other classic weapons are also readded back in a similar manner and that you're not limited to something specific to one class. For example, Corrupted Ashbringer available to all classes that can wield 2H swords, Benediction available to all classes that can wield staves, etc.
    - Said weapons are only available through a quest chain + tough solo scenario that IS specific to each class.
    - You've got the option to run the quest multiple times to get different weapons in the set, no "spend 10000G to switch", merely for different specs and convenience

The thing is, the weapons themselves are already in game, and so a reskin wouldn't be overly difficult (even as easy as tweaking the colour curve). The content itself would take some time to make so I don't expect we'd see it for at least 6 months. In short, bring back some of these prestige weapons but make sure they can be told apart from the originals.
    I would be majorly pissed if non priests were running around with benediction. That would be a slap in the face.

Is it really all that much of a prestige reward when a lot of people got it in wrath, instead of vanilla? As a non-priest I don't really care that much, but at the very least it'd be cool to let people experience the quests with difficulty equally matched to their lvl. Some of the most fun i've had in the game was when I did my druid flight form quest. I bet the same could be said for priests, warlocks and pallies with theirs too.

I'm all for rare items, it's nice knowing I have something someone else can't get, but a lot of removed items weren't always obtained when they were current. I think the only removed items that hold true value are Atiesh, The original Amani Warbear, TOGC Mounts, T3(not really anymore), old naxx items, vanilla pvp gear, vanilla mounts, and naxx glory.

That's my opinion though. I totally get the whole, this item may not show how great I am, but it shows I've played a really long time.

This is exactly what I think the purpose of recolors should have been.

If I saw a Mage with it, is quit the game..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would support this for priests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'd welcome it back on a few conditions;
    - It's slightly recoloured, in much the same way the Amani Battle Bear was. It was recoloured enough to be able to tell the difference even from a distance.
    That's... very interesting. I hadn't even considered that. Veterans could keep their precious trophy unique in appearance, but newer players could still get the staff model - albeit recoloured. I can't really see any downsides to this. Also, a close friend of mine is a massive Ashbringer fan, yet he joined just a few weeks after Wrath launched. He never got the chance to run original Naxx for the corrupted version, so a recolour would be great for him! xD

Adding this to the list.

The recoloring of shit needs to stop in every way. Gear, mounts, everything. Its lazy and I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it on a lark in LATE Wrath when a lvl 60 Priest guildmate wanted me to help him so I got the mats real quick.

Gathering the mats and doing the quest took me all of an hour FOUR YEARS after it was relevant.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they brought the quests back in a scaled up version that required the same level of dedication/work then maybe. But as of right now, I think it needs to remain like the hunter bow/quiver from the petrafied leaf. An item that marks the achivements of people who where around to get it when it was available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have it, but I dont. And thats how it should be. The people who earned it earlier is the only one who should have it.

Same as my oldschool pvp gear. I raged so fucking hard when I read that everyone can get it now, and i still get so insanely mad when I see newschool players running around with the gear I put down so hard work to get, all those hours, days, weeks to farm. And now, they just go to a vendor and buy it. Pisses me off. Thanx to Blizzard for making nothing special anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    If I saw a Mage with it, is quit the game..
    Don't hate...I want pretty stuff too

I voted 'No!' because I already have mine ... (Got it in Vanilla), but if they'd bother going through setting up a quest line like the rogue legendary one or the warlock green fire one, I'd definitely be interested in that. The original quest was pretty challenging (at 60, unless you cheesed it).

I voted yes even tho I probably wouldn't use it. People are acting like it was rare or even slightly prestigious which is pretty laughable. I think if they made it a long Priesty lore quest it would be cool, I loved doing the level 50 class quests on all my toons back in the day.
    Hi Sephurik

who cares, it looks like sh!t anyways lol