Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Genuinely never wanted to play a game more than Hearthstone.

The only thing I can match this hype/anticipation/excitement to is when GTA:SA was about to be released :|

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. I'm also bored hence the topic.

To avoid this being spam, how excited are you? Compare it to your excitement from previous game releases!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do not see the appeal to the game honestly, however, I'm happy to see it has caught the interest of others so props to you. Excited for the next wave of consoles if it helps you lol. It's equivalent to myy excitement of any GTA game =P.

I think it'll make for an amazing casual game, excellent for tablets too. I don't know if it'll be as huge as you make it out to be. I think it might be a little simple for a CCG and end up lacking the depth that a game like Magic: the Gathering has.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a card game... I've never been fond of them... downloaded dev pro yu-gi-oh and i had no idea what the hell I was doing... I watched yu-gi-oh as a kid and i remember the pegasus series... so i composed my deck of all toon chars and a lot of gaia/red dragon/time wizzard blah blah crap... ended up getting my ass kicked every time because the game changed so much and there's white/black cards... but i learned one thing... I'm not good at card games, therefore I don't like them. I'm good at WoW, but i'd probably suck at hearthstone, therefore I don't care for it. I'm more eager for GTA 5.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want play Hearthstone more than Half-Life 3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of interests me.
    I've been playing Magic: The Gathering on PC and iPad for the last 3 years, and it's fun for a good couple of months. I don't spend any money though.
    Card games never interested me due to the stupid 'RNG' on getting cards you wanted from packs.

I'll play hearthstone, it will be fun, but I'm expecting it to only last for a couple of months and I'll get bored, and it will get deleted.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im excited to play it and see how it pans out. Its free so i have nothing to loose.

A couple of you mention Magic: The Gathering, it's something I've considered for a while but I can't see myself being good at a card game like that when I have no clue about it. I played the Yu-Gi-Oh CCG because I knew about it, I'm interested in Hearthstone because it's based on a game I've played for 5-6 years so how do I actually get into playing Magic: The Gathering before I pay money for it?

Hype is a fantastic thing.

It's what ruined Fable 2 for me and why I try to watch as little videos as I can of games now before they come out. I'll drool over screen shots, but seeing gameplay and having someone tell you the features that will be in game (that normally don't appear, or are watered down), tottally ruins that first time experience for me. Me and my nephew stayed up to about 2am talking non-stop about Fable 2 the day before release, went to the store and brought it, played it for about an hour or two and just felt so damn disapointed.

Since we'd seen so many videos about it, we practically new the first area off by heart. Hell, we almost knew the intro movie off word for word too.

Hearthstone does look fun and I want to play it too, but the best thing you can do is know as little about it as possible. That way when it does come out, you get to discover all the cool stuff in the game, rather than being told about it 6 months before and given yourself time to get bored of a game you've not even played yet.

I can't say I'm excited to play it, though it's free so I'll definitely try it. If I like it, that's great, if I don't, nothing was lost.

The only games I've been really excited to play were the sequels to my two favorite games of all time, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    A couple of you mention Magic: The Gathering, it's something I've considered for a while but I can't see myself being good at a card game like that when I have no clue about it. I played the Yu-Gi-Oh CCG because I knew about it, I'm interested in Hearthstone because it's based on a game I've played for 5-6 years so how do I actually get into playing Magic: The Gathering before I pay money for it?
    I recommend you spend a TINY bit of money to pick up the PC game, Duels of the Planeswalkers. That will give you an excellent taste of the game without requiring any investment in cards.

Blizzard sheep at their prime. Excited for a card game. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Blizzard sheep at their prime. Excited for a card game. lol.
    Change the name of the company, and the "excited for......" and you could make it about anything. Werent you the one who posted about how much you enjoyed D3? "Bravenewworld at his prime. Excited for a slightly different rpg than all the other rpgs" =)

I've never been interested in any card games, I collected Pokemon when in Primary school as most kids did back then, but we never played the game properly, we mostly stood around comparing huge stacks of cards and trading, until the gameboy game came out.

However, I am hugely excited for hearthstone, looks amazing and I'll probably be playing it pretty much every day, already theorycrafting some decks on Arcanedust for my Druid XD

Incredibly, INCREDIBLY excited.

I loved Magic back a long time ago, but I don't like what it's turned into: a pay-to-win model that has all of the competitive decks winning blindingly quickly with very little potential intervention on the part of the other player.

Hearthstone reminds me of my early, noob days of Magic, back when the decks weren't quite so effective at winning. Games were longer, they require more back-and-forth, more actual tactical play. Modern Magic is much more about executing your deck's build than responding to your opponent, and I really dislike it. That you literally can't compete unless you shell out a large amount of cash with each new card release compounds the problem.

I really, really like games of this type, and Hearthstone seems to be the perfect mix. I really, really, really want to be able to play it, and soon.

Watched a video of it a little while ago and I must say I'm pretty excited for it. Play Magic quite a lot and if this is something I can do on the side with all the little quirks the game has then I'm all for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    love mtg, ive played more than my fair share of it in the day but i can safely say theres not much of anything that interests me about hearthstone. to each their own though

on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being completely uninterested, 10 being wet my pants excited i am a minus 100

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being completely uninterested, 10 being wet my pants excited i am a minus 100
    And you felt the need to tell us about it, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    And you felt the need to tell us about it, why?
    why do you feel the need to tell everyone how excited you are...the question was asked and i answered, if it wasn't sitting on the front page with the recently viewed i would never have even knew the hearth stone sub forum existed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Using that scale, Im at about an 8. That could go up or down in the coming months.