Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Are they even legally allowed to charge the same for different currencies? Seems like it would break some kind of international laws or something.
    Monthly fee for WoW is £9/month and $15/month, even when it was $2=£1 back during the financial collapse.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    So Europeans pay 13$ for 10 packs, where the Americans pay 10$ it's not that big of a deal really. And i guess we play on EU servers so we only play against people who pay the same for card packs, so none you play against have a financial advantage?
    Well, I'm sorry, but paying 30% more for the exact same thing doesn't sit well with me.

I can imagine (and I have NO clue if this is even true or not) that there might be an argument that the EU servers and maintenance and support are more expensive to uphold, and that is why it's more expensive here, but even then I seriously doubt the price of running the game in EU is 30% more.

But, meh, it's all speculation at the moment, we have no idea of prices yet. I'll be sure to be up in arms about this problem when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    I don't know if I will buy cards, but if I do, I would really like to pay only R$ 1, like with the wow subscription, but it would really sucks to have this happens with people who uses euro.
    I would like to pay 1 Won. Don't see it happening though.
    I don't see a direct conversion happening. I can live with €1 per pack even though it's a little unfair to pay more for the same, especially since it's completely digital.

It doesn't seem the type of game that will require different servers for different regions,especially since there will be no chat functionality. So the only difference will probably be the currency conversion cost and someone has to eat that.

I live in Australia, but I much prefer to pay for everything in USD because the localization prices are usually 30-50% more than they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    UK has at times had better deals than the US for WoW subscription costs and the US has had more favourable deals from the Blizzard Store.

Do not be surprised if they sell packs for £1, $1, and €1 resulting in making the UK pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    They charge 14.99$ for 1 month wow game time in U.S. for Europe it's 14.99 euro. And, yes Grisset you're.
    the game separates you into ranks, and you play people with like skill levels. buying cards will not increase your MMR any faster.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    one of the things that you have to consider when comparing currencies is how far each currency would go, this is hard to explain but as an example:

1 USD = 1.05 AUD at the moment, pretty close to a 1:1 ratio, however (from what my friends who've been in america have told me) you can easily find coffee for $1 in America whereas in Australia you'd expect to pay at least $2.50 usually $3.50+

also looking at pay rates, i work in retail at a video game store and i earn approx. $23 p/h (before tax) whereas a friend of mine in America in the same job is earning something like $9 p/h

it takes him 2 hours of work to pay for his wow subscription whereas for the same work I've earned mine under an hour

as much as i don't think blizzard are really taking this into consideration, it sort of eases the pain of comparison.

(although australians are relatively well off in this exchange)

I plan on buying more than one, so it's not just 1 euro. If you want to win in the game you are kind of forced to buy them.
    There are no bought-cards that are exclusively stronger than non-bought cards. Also you're matched with an opponent with the same win/loss ratio I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I don't know what the prices are, but I usually am strongly against supporting any f2p model. F2p is a model I'm strongly against, and it's taking over the gaming world, little by little.
    F2P hardly means F2P anymore. It means you can play this without paying, but if you want to do everything in the game, you'll have to cough up some cash for some microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracos View Post
    F2P hardly means F2P anymore. It means you can play this without paying, but if you want to do everything in the game, you'll have to cough up some cash for some microtransactions.
    This applies to games like Nexon games, where you basically have nothing without shoving half your income into the cash-shop on a weekly basis. So far the design model for Hearthstone is nothing like that at all, there is nothing in the game at all that absolutely requires you to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

I plan on buying more than one, so it's not just 1 euro. If you want to win in the game you are kind of forced to buy them.
    No you aren't. The only thing paying will do is give you quicker access to cards. Just because you have said cards doesn't make it any easier for you to win. You could have all the cards possible and still completely suck at the game.

I've been checking out some of the other CCGs available for iOS.
    • Most give .05-.5 cards per win. Hearthstone gives a pack a win with a guaranteed rare.
    • Most give you one starter deck for one hero that you have to choose before you even know how the game works. Hearthstone allows you to unlock a starter deck for every hero.
    • Most include a campaign where you're against OP AIs that use cards not available to you. Hearthstone's AI uses cards you can get and the "real" game is dueling players on the same level as yourself.
    • Most games range from $1 per specific card to $4 per 4 random cards (with some sort of rarity guarantee).

Shadow Era is the best one I've played so far, but card acquisition is so slow that it quickly becomes pay-to-win. However, you can buy starter decks (35 cards) or 15-card boosters for just $1 each OR do some silly quick action ads that award ludicrous amounts of the paid currency. And even still, Hearthstone looks like it will blow this game out of the water.

Hearthstone will be the most free-to-play CCG out there as long as it actually launches with the specs they previewed. Add Blizzard polish and millions of players, and Hearthstone will actually be GOOD, unlike a lot of the CCGs currently available.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-04-09 at 07:18 PM.

And, yes Grisset you're.
    I know this is completely unrelated, but "you're" sounds and looks really weird to me at the end of a sentence.... Don't even know if it's grammatically correct to do it that way but it just seems.... weird

OT It should be scaled using the international exchange rates I would assume. If it's not it's just them trying to make an extra buck by screwing some people.

Deleted
    Forge, anyone? Win cards, disenchant them, create the card you want. (Roughly).

wouldnt be to terrible at 1$ a pack either

'Cause if i have to pay 1 euro it will be pretty unfair while half the world is paying a lot less. I won't even buy it if that's the case, but i am just saying why.
    My understanding is that EU has some form of import tax that leads to higher prices. Nearly everything I see quoted for worldwide release tends to have the same numerical price both in dollars and euros, despite the euro being worth more. See things like the recent xbox and playstation releases, numerous games, etc.